IGNORED

Meteb & Misfud?

internetjef

Conventionally you prob wouldnt play those two together would you? possibly a bit to similar

i expected our next striker to be a younger prospect who would be happy to start from the bench, with the occasional start

Cant see Misfud joining us for anything other than first team football? same for Emad.

however at home it would be great to see us play like that without a conventional target man.

Meteb & Misfud at home, take one out for dele or brooks when away?

I know its unlikely wel get both but :fingerscrossed:

Conventionally you prob wouldnt play those two together would you? possibly a bit to similar

i expected our next striker to be a younger prospect who would be happy to start from the bench, with the occasional start

Cant see Misfud joining us for anything other than first team football? same for Emad.

however at home it would be great to see us play like that without a conventional target man.

Meteb & Misfud at home, take one out for dele or brooks when away?

I know its unlikely wel get both but :fingerscrossed:

I think it unlikely we'll get either. The Meteb deal appears to be crumbling (if not why no categorical denial from the club?) and if Coventry ask for more than £1m for Mifsud (they've talked £5m when he was on a high though they cannot go there now with one year left on his contract) we won't stump up I think. :disapointed2se:

I think it unlikely we'll get either. The Meteb deal appears to be crumbling (if not why no categorical denial from the club?) and if Coventry ask for more than £1m for Mifsud (they've talked £5m when he was on a high though they cannot go there now with one year left on his contract) we won't stump up I think. :disapointed2se:

With all due respect how can you say its 'unlikely' will get either yes i agree the chances of mifsud are slim but the moteab deal is all but complete it was just a mis understanding and I'm sure GJ will not let this one go.

As for no comformation from the club surely no news is good news I'm sure everything will be fine

but to say its unlikey when you have know idea what is going on behind the senes seems a bit strange to me unless you know something we don't :disapointed2se:

I tend to agree now. I have heard a few things and kept quiet on them and I wont break my silence on what I have been told. However, I feel GJ may be in serious danger if we don't sign players and good quality 'exciting' players as we were promised some weeks back.

Make no bones about it, the CCC will be a hostile place up to last year in the coming months and there is no 'fox in the box' signed after weeks and weeks of on going negotiations. We need to pull our fingers out....and quick.

B*llocks

i cant believe this deal for Meteb is going to fall apart. I know that Al-Ahly look like they screwed us royaly on this last game, but once we get him and away from them then he wouldve been a great signing

If they pull out I'm threatening to restart the 30 - odd page meteb thread !!!! no one needs that, hopefully that will convince them

I've never been a fan of this idea that seems ingrained in the English game that one of your front two must be a target man. We have a side who can pass the ball on the deck and if we need an outlet under pressure then it's just as easy to use wingers as it is to hoof it at some 6ft8 centre forward and probably sees you retaining the ball more.

For that reason I'd be quite happy to play both together even if that is considered unconventional in our backward footballing nation. Mifsud is a player who likes to pick the ball up pretty deep and run with it at defenders, Meteb looks like someone who likes to lurk and pick up crosses and through balls. Could work well I reckon.

yeah the amount Cov want for misfud doesnt seem to be obvious??

even on their forums no one is banding around a figure?

anyone heard how much?

Had a quick look on the bbc 606 Coventry Board and a few said 2 million would be nice but most of them admitting they'll probaly only get around 1m-1.5m mark. Most of the fans saying that he is going because of morrison and so not being Guarnteed first team week in week out. So I doubt he would sign if Emad goes through though.

I tend to agree now. I have heard a few things and kept quiet on them and I wont break my silence on what I have been told. However, I feel GJ may be in serious danger if we don't sign players and good quality 'exciting' players as we were promised some weeks back.

Make no bones about it, the CCC will be a hostile place up to last year in the coming months and there is no 'fox in the box' signed after weeks and weeks of on going negotiations. We need to pull our fingers out....and quick.

Two questions... Are these 'few things you've heard' from the same source/s that told you we'd enquired about Phillips? Secondly, why would GJ be in 'serious danger'?

totally agree with you Nibor

at home i think we could def get away with it. especially if we kept playing Nobes on the right. as a winger he isnt up to much, but when you have mcindoe, LJ and Nobes playing through balls Meteb & misfud would do fine.

Away from home misfud would be a great player to counter, we could still try him with meteb, but if it failed use adebola or brooker instead.

unfortunately sentiment accross a lot of the boards seems to be we are now not even getting emad, let alone misfud.

With all due respect how can you say its 'unlikely' will get either yes i agree the chances of mifsud are slim but the moteab deal is all but complete it was just a mis understanding and I'm sure GJ will not let this one go.

As for no comformation from the club surely no news is good news I'm sure everything will be fine

but to say its unlikey when you have know idea what is going on behind the senes seems a bit strange to me unless you know something we don't :disapointed2se:

I commented on the big Emad thread that if a transfer story is true we refuse to comment, if it's false we deny it. We have not denied it as far as Emad goes, hence my conclusion. As to Misfud, invariably Gary's valuation of a player is lower than the club involved. If he cannot negotiate them down he won't do business and would rather do without (we seem for instance to have withdrawn from both Tyson and Maynard). I get the impression that's down to Gary and not any restrictions from Steve. On that basis I would not hold my breath on any major signings now. If that is the case, so be it. Gary and the players will still get my full support.

I commented on the big Emad thread that if a transfer story is true we refuse to comment, if it's false we deny it. We have not denied it as far as Emad goes, hence my conclusion. As to Misfud, invariably Gary's valuation of a player is lower than the club involved. If he cannot negotiate them down he won't do business and would rather do without (we seem for instance to have withdrawn from both Tyson and Maynard). I get the impression that's down to Gary and not any restrictions from Steve. On that basis I would not hold my breath on any major signings now. If that is the case, so be it. Gary and the players will still get my full support.

Where is this so called 'story' please? you have a link?

Where is this so called 'story' please? you have a link?

Sorry, not making myself clear. The WDP story that the deal is in doubt, since followed by stories from Egypt. The reliability of the source matters not. If it's wrong we deny it (e.g. Gary denying we wanted Eastwood and that we enquired after Phillips). Anything else and we (the club) say no comment. The club is refusing to comment. If the story is categorically untrue, why?

Sorry, not making myself clear. The WDP story that the deal is in doubt, since followed by stories from Egypt. The reliability of the source matters not. If it's wrong we deny it (e.g. Gary denying we wanted Eastwood and that we enquired after Phillips). Anything else and we (the club) say no comment. The club is refusing to comment. If the story is categorically untrue, why?

Meteb & Misfud sounds like Little and Large :rofl2br:

Archived