IGNORED

Watford

matty f

"Sheffield United have signed striker Darius Henderson from Championship rivals Watford for £2m"

Surely this indicates that they will struggle next season?

or does anyone think that they can still challenge for promotion?

If they get rid of their manager

they will have a chance

yeah, true but are they likely to sack aidy boothroyd? is he not still regarded as a saviour for getting them to the prem a few years ago? or will that opinion have changed because of last seasons performances?

"Sheffield United have signed striker Darius Henderson from Championship rivals Watford for £2m"

Surely this indicates that they will struggle next season?

or does anyone think that they can still challenge for promotion?

I would have thought that getting rid of that donkey Henderson for £2million was excellent business for Watford.His scoring record is dire and he has no skill at all.

That's a blow for them really. Last year of parachute payments too.

Sheff Utd are going to be a bloody difficult side to beat.

True however wernt we saying that this time last year when they signed Beattie for 3mill

Expect the unexpected in the championship.

True however wernt we saying that this time last year when they signed Beattie for 3mill

Expect the unexpected in the championship.

but look what blackwell did for them once he'd halted the slide. they only just missed out on the play-offs so i can see them making the play-offs this year.

2 million for that sack of shite!! hahahahahahahahaha :clapping:

sheff utd have been done! hendersons an absolute carthorse.

Graham Taylor said in 1998:- for £2m you don't get a Player that can kick with both feet !

Add inflation to that, what does that equate to now ?

Henderson's fee just re iterates GT's views back then, maybe today for £2m you don't get a Player that can kick with ONE foot.

if watford sell tommy smith, however, they will be in trouble...

I thought Bootroyd had come up with a new brainwave from the title of the thread. They were going to try lumping it from the forwards to the defenders too.

He's a future England manager is Boothroyd. Sad isn't it.

Henderson's a big player for them. Very odd decision to let him go.

Doley was crap

Ellington was a flop

Henderson is a donkey 2 million is superb

Shittu will be a loss though

I think Watford are having a clear out it will be interesting to see who they bring in I would not write them off yet, Aidy ran out of ideas last season but I think he wants to play more attacking and passing football next season.

Doley was crap

Ellington was a flop

Henderson is a donkey 2 million is superb

Shittu will be a loss though

I think Watford are having a clear out it will be interesting to see who they bring in I would not write them off yet, Aidy ran out of ideas last season but I think he wants to play more attacking and passing football next season.

Wayne Andrews so far.

Big signing for them...

I'm worried they will try and ambush coventry clinton morrison deal, which could then jeopardise our move for Mifsud.

Watford fan tells me aidy has finally given up with long balls at henderson, and has decided to play 4-3-3.

that will be mcanuff on one side and tommy smith on the other. they need a leading man striker though so thats whol theyl be in market for now

With Gay-dee bothroyd in charge, do they have a choice?

Nope.

That's why he'll get the axe.

Then we'll have to put up with the half wits suggesting GJ will jump ship AGAIN.

Can't wait.

I'm worried they will try and ambush coventry clinton morrison deal, which could then jeopardise our move for Mifsud.

Watford fan tells me aidy has finally given up with long balls at henderson, and has decided to play 4-3-3.

that will be mcanuff on one side and tommy smith on the other. they need a leading man striker though so thats whol theyl be in market for now

Jef Coventry have accepted our bid and most cov fans say they will miss him said the latter of last season he was either played out wide or on the bench so I think either way he will come to us or another club will put in a 11th hour bid ( I hope not).

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/2008....25_July__2008/

Seems Watford are looking at a bit of a financial meltdown at the moment...

Here's the full report:

Link

Could Tommy Smith be an option, I think him and Johnson know each other very well from their days at Watford. Can play on the right side of midfield, left hand side to cover for McIndoe and also an option up front.

Here's the full report:

Link

Could Tommy Smith be an option, I think him and Johnson know each other very well from their days at Watford. Can play on the right side of midfield, left hand side to cover for McIndoe and also an option up front.

For anyone who is interested it seems that they are not near meltdown but neither will they be able to spend the cash that have in the past.

http://www.watfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...1351346,00.html

For anyone who is interested it seems that they are not near meltdown but neither will they be able to spend the cash that have in the past.

http://www.watfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...1351346,00.html

Interesting if it actually goes to court as it would result in lots of details having to be divulged - could be difficult for the club to fully defend itself if they're in any way financially crippled.

Interesting if it actually goes to court as it would result in lots of details having to be divulged - could be difficult for the club to fully defend itself if they're in any way financially crippled.

I think they would go for the privacy thing more than anything really as say if they are near meltdown but are also near some finicial back up and the press never hear which would they want the press to make them worse and all the fans be miserable?

Archived