IGNORED

Mifsud V Meteb?

internetjef

If we had deals done for both for the same transfer fee, but could only sign one, which one would you sign up

Meteb (25) - internationally proven fox in the box with great potential, and also potential commercial benefits. Possibly culture/language risk though

or

Misfud (27) - lightning quick and wasn too long ago he was being banded around for 5 mill after cov did man u in the cup. Knows where the goal and proven at this level, but lost form dramtically in 2nd half of last season (albeit largely played out of position)

what dya reckon?

Mifsud - proven at this level.

As I've just put on the other Meteb thread I think it's time for us to pull out with pride still intact (ish!) and get in someone who wants to play for us. If Mifsud is that man all well and good.

And if Mifsud is not that man and decides to go to sh1tty Palace or Norwich 'run by a slag' City, then we are left with the same non goal scoring strike force as last season minus our top goal scorer and another cover striker.

And if Mifsud is not that man and decides to go to sh1tty Palace or Norwich 'run by a slag' City, then we are left with the same non goal scoring strike force as last season minus our top goal scorer and another cover striker.

Mifsud may well not be that man - I was only answering the question mate!

I know, sorry. I was just trying to see if you had any ideas on any other possible targets. Sorry if i sounded harsh. :closedeyes:

No problem mate!

Mifsud is proven at this level, he would be a good buy at the right price. If Palace & Norwich are interested though I think wages could be a problem, and Palace offer him the chance to live in London, which I would think is a big pull for players. Can't say that I was ever that excited about Meteb, although I don't know anything about him other than I've read on here and seen on youtube over the last couple of weeks (feels like months though!).

Just glad that I'm not GJ right now, still plenty of time to go but pre season is well underway and would be nice to get someone in sharpish. If Meteb was his first choice, and it sounds like he was, then a lot of time has been (potentially) wasted.

Ah well, I'm off to bed, maybe this is just a bad dream!

If we had deals done for both for the same transfer fee, but could only sign one, which one would you sign up

Meteb (25) - internationally proven fox in the box with great potential, and also potential commercial benefits. Possibly culture/language risk though

or

Misfud (27) - lightning quick and wasn too long ago he was being banded around for 5 mill after cov did man u in the cup. Knows where the goal and proven at this level, but lost form dramtically in 2nd half of last season (albeit largely played out of position)

what dya reckon?

Meteb. The only thing Mifsud has proved in the Championship is that he's hardly any better than a player we've just released. For all the hype around his early cup games he scored 10 league goals in a full season (34 starts + 7 sub), Byfield scored 8 in 17+16.

Maynard, Garner and Tyson would all be higher on my list than Mifsud.

No problem mate!

Mifsud is proven at this level, he would be a good buy at the right price. If Palace & Norwich are interested though I think wages could be a problem, and Palace offer him the chance to live in London, which I would think is a big pull for players. Can't say that I was ever that excited about Meteb, although I don't know anything about him other than I've read on here and seen on youtube over the last couple of weeks (feels like months though!).

Just glad that I'm not GJ right now, still plenty of time to go but pre season is well underway and would be nice to get someone in sharpish. If Meteb was his first choice, and it sounds like he was, then a lot of time has been (potentially) wasted.

Ah well, I'm off to bed, maybe this is just a bad dream!

Firstly, why would he go to Palace with Jordan and so on, and why would ANYONE want to live in London ?

It is very difficult to play up front in a knife proof vest !

As I've just put on the other Meteb thread I think it's time for us to pull out with pride still intact (ish!) and get in someone who wants to play for us. If Mifsud is that man all well and good.

Why do you think that your pride has been messed up with?

And why do you think that Meteb does not want to play for you?

Why do you think that your pride has been messed up with?

And why do you think that Meteb does not want to play for you?

Pride has been messed with as he's played for Al Ahly after it was announced he'd signed for us! Can't remember that happening to many times, and it's a tad embarassing for the club!

Why do I think he doesn't want to play for us? Because he's played for Al Ahly after he was pictured holding a City up.

Can't really make it much clearer than that mate!

Has to be Misfud now - unfortunately meteb has triggered a problem before he's started, how can we trust him not to do what he wants in the future??

Exactly, get the feeling he would be unsettled by Christmas, and off next summer.

Jez, I've got to snap out of this, I'm on a right downer with Meteb at the moment. Think I'm going to stay off here and get some work done instead!

but mate if Motæb passed the "gj interview" process then surely he wants to play for the club?

:dunno:

EDIT: However, i do believe that someone like mifsud would be the one i would go for because he has PACE!!! we have been crying out for a striker with pace for so long that i really hope this deal comes off

but mate if Motæb passed the "gj interview" process then surely he wants to play for the club?

EDIT: However, i do believe that someone like mifsud would be the one i would go for because he has PACE!!! we have been crying out for a striker with pace for so long that i really hope this deal comes off

Meteb could only have passed the interview through a translator, who knows what bs he could've been adding in!

Talk is cheap - their actions speak a lot louder.

Meteb could only have passed the interview through a translator, who knows what bs he could've been adding in!

Talk is cheap - their actions speak a lot louder.

yeah that is true!! and considering all the bollox that the Motæb entourage have been spouting i doubt he would have been saying anything truthfully!!!

I would go for Mifsud only because i've seen him play and know what we're getting. On the other hand as City have been watching Emad for a long time and willing to spend £1.5m on him he can't be to bad. :grr: Maybe when City heard that Mifsud was available they decided to pull out of the Emad signing :dunno:

I would go for Mifsud only because i've seen him play and know what we're getting. On the other hand as City have been watching Emad for a long time and willing to spend £1.5m on him he can't be to bad. :grr: Maybe when City heard that Mifsud was available they decided to pull out of the Emad signing :dunno:

We said we were going to get two strikers and we are in the process of getting them BOTH

I don't think GJ is thinking along th elines of mifsud or moteab i think he wants them both and wih byfield and showunmi going surely the plan was two get two in.

I'm finding it difficult to understand some of the fickleness on this forum of late regarding Emad Meteb. Yes it does appear he has gone against what the club had originally said. Does anyone on here know the real reason he played? was it an "up yours I'll do what I like" or was he misled into playing by his former club?

How many people will be moaning in May if Emad has scored 25 goals and we finish in first or second place in the table? Perhaps if we give him some support he will take City to his heart like he obviously has Al Alhy, after all we're always saying there is no loyalty in football then when this bloke decides to show some affection to a club he's been at all his life he gets slammed for it!

Going back to the original question I would love both at the club but if we could only sign one it would have to be Meteb for me. Mifsud is undoubtedly a good buy but does not fill me with the same excitement Emad does.

does anyone not reckon that we are likely to get in a bigger target man to replace showunmi?

or is our style of football affected too much with a big man up front?

then again dele paired with mifsud wouldn't do too badly!!!

does anyone not reckon that we are likely to get in a bigger target man to replace showunmi?

or is our style of football affected too much with a big man up front?

then again dele paired with mifsud wouldn't do too badly!!!

I think Dele will do to be honest, as our football isnt really geared to hitting it long for a target man. Bear in mind that Brooker is a big physical presence as well, so I think that we probably have enough in that department.

Archived