IGNORED

Latest Transfer News Question

mightyreds89

Currently been working away from Bristol this week so am not 100% up to speed on whats happening? Is Mifsud going to be instead of the Egyptian or as well as? I kow he played for his home team without permission.

Do we know if the deal still goes through will we be getting Mifsud as well as?

Currently been working away from Bristol this week so am not 100% up to speed on whats happening? Is Mifsud going to be instead of the Egyptian or as well as? I kow he played for his home team without permission.

Do we know if the deal still goes through will we be getting Mifsud as well as?

I thought we were signing Derek Riorden??????????? :noexpression:

classic! you need to be at least 45 to understand this one

I am 46 and have no clue!

On his first appearance, a .rejuvenated United. - they were languishing at the bottom of the Third division in 1962 - beat Notts County 4-2. McIlmoyle scored the first goal and impressed with .his forceful and stylish play.. Goals and hat-tricks galore followed. In an epic season, 1963-64 Hughie scored a record-breaking 44 goals, beating Jimmy McConnell.s record that had stood for thirty-five years. And then .the boy with bullets in his boots. was sold to Wolves. A poor team like United couldn.t afford to turn down the £30,000 on offer. From Wolves he moved to Bristol City and then, much to the delight of the fans he was back in Carlisle.

Carlisle made a profit of £7,500 on the deal - Hughie returned for £22,500 - but what would they have done if he had stayed in the team? Under Bob Stokoe.s disciplined hand the team went from strength to strength. But Hugh McIlmoyle was worth more to Carlisle than their grandstand and he found himself reluctantly on the move again, this time to Middlesborough and then Preston North-end.

There was to be a final swan-song. In 1974-5 he returned to Carlisle and was part of the team that covered themselves in glory in that momentous yearr in the First Division.

Hughie McIlmoyle remains a legend in Carlisle. Ivor Broadis says that he .was top of the pile in my time of playing, reporting and watching. Fans reckoned he could hang in the air..

I am 46 and have no clue!

On his first appearance, a .rejuvenated United. - they were languishing at the bottom of the Third division in 1962 - beat Notts County 4-2. McIlmoyle scored the first goal and impressed with .his forceful and stylish play.. Goals and hat-tricks galore followed. In an epic season, 1963-64 Hughie scored a record-breaking 44 goals, beating Jimmy McConnell.s record that had stood for thirty-five years. And then .the boy with bullets in his boots. was sold to Wolves. A poor team like United couldn.t afford to turn down the £30,000 on offer. From Wolves he moved to Bristol City and then, much to the delight of the fans he was back in Carlisle.

Carlisle made a profit of £7,500 on the deal - Hughie returned for £22,500 - but what would they have done if he had stayed in the team? Under Bob Stokoe.s disciplined hand the team went from strength to strength. But Hugh McIlmoyle was worth more to Carlisle than their grandstand and he found himself reluctantly on the move again, this time to Middlesborough and then Preston North-end.

There was to be a final swan-song. In 1974-5 he returned to Carlisle and was part of the team that covered themselves in glory in that momentous yearr in the First Division.

Hughie McIlmoyle remains a legend in Carlisle. Ivor Broadis says that he .was top of the pile in my time of playing, reporting and watching. Fans reckoned he could hang in the air..

Sadly I'm well over 45 and remember McIlmoyle. Didn't he score a hat trick on his debut for us, in an away game? Or was that John Galley?

Sadly I'm well over 45 and remember McIlmoyle. Didn't he score a hat trick on his debut for us, in an away game? Or was that John Galley?

No it was big John who did that (Huddersfield was it?). Hugh was a great header of the ball (a dying art these days) but didn't have much of a scoring record for us as I recall

Archived