IGNORED

Theres Bound To Be...

Bristol Rob

more information on the Metab by the weekend.

It's the open day and I'm fairly sure the subject will come up with the Chairmans' questions and answer sessions.

If Metab (or his clubs/agent) think we are soft, the deal will be off, if wires were crossed, I think the deal will be off, if the player was mis-led I think the deal will be off.

In fact, I'll be amazed if we sign him now.

Either way, the open day is a good chance to find out the facts.

I'll be there (or drunk, elsewhere).

Just been reading the wdp, it is saying that mifsud should sign today after talking terms and if agreed, subject to medical, thus bringing an end to the meteb fiasco, gj watched the game on the internet (like me) and was furious to see him play, and doubting his commitment to city and fearing further misunderstandings in the future, so he quickly switched his search elsewhere, thats where mifsud steps in, so i would say one comming and a target man to be sought, but no meteb. which brings me to say. We are sparta and you don't mess with the zohan. Or just come on you reds....

GJ has always stated that he wants to bring in TWO quality strikers so maybe the deal for Emad might still on :fingerscrossed: . However if the deal does collapse who do you think the other striker will be ? Tyson/Maynard again?

We also need cover at Centre Back with McCoombe and Fontaine both injured and Vasko leaving us.

The wdp gives the clearest indication yet, that the deal with meteb is over and he is also looking for a target man to take the pressure off adebola, also a defender, the wdp states that gj said while in portugal that he wanted another two or three players, so that would have been three or four with meteb...

Well we've been chasing this guy for months so isn't that wasted time if the deal now collapses ?

So it's only a waste of time if we give up on it?

But if we don't then it isn't a waste of time.

So why would we give up on it because it's a waste of time?

So it's only a waste of time if we give up on it?

But if we don't then it isn't a waste of time.

So why would we give up on it because it's a waste of time?

Sorry i don't understand you there mate, all i'm saying is:

It looks as if the deal is collapsing through whatever reason/whoevers fault. If it does, then it will have been a waste of time.

Sorry i don't understand you there mate, all i'm saying is:

It looks as if the deal is collapsing through whatever reason/whoevers fault. If it does, then it will have been a waste of time.

Sorry, it was meant to be a reply to Spike's post, which said that we should give up on this guy because it is a waste of time. I thought this seems to contradict itself since it is only a waste of time if we pull out.

Obviously if Emad has played in Egypt whilst personally knowing that his new manager (GJ) has said that he can't, then we don't need him here (and we should accept that all the effort in trying to sign him has been a waste of time).

If this situation is true then Emad has shown a complete lack of respect for City and GJ and will therefore never get any respect from me.

I read the WDP this morning as well, as if what they say is correct, then I'm 99% sure the Metab deal is off. Although if you read my previous posts on the subject I saw Metab's point of view, after thinking about it I think it is the right decision. GJ gets success on being the one in charge, and we don't want, or more importantly need anyone here who will threaten that position. If he did know that Gary diddnt want him to play, and then choose to then he has to accept the consequences of that decision, which looks like it could be that the deal is off.

Has to be said, well done to Bristol City if we do end the Metab deal now. I think it shows great conviction and belief in the manager if we show we are not prepared to be mucked around on issues like this, and the way we have so quickly gone onto anouther target deserves creadit. Well done Bristol City.

I can remember Johnson pulling out of the Easter deal a couple of years ago because Easter didn't have the passion for the club so Johnson aint frightend of pulling out of deals when everything is agreed for the good of Bristol City Football Club. Good on him too!! No one **** with are club!!

Archived