IGNORED

The Gary Johnson Is A Better Manager Than Me Thread

Big Nose

Exactly right. GJ will only cancel an unnamed player's deal once he has weighed up everything that has happened and what he thinks the unnamed player can do for us in the future and if this unnamed player will fit it. Surprisingly GJ knows more than us about this and he almost certainly knows best!

By the way, why is this not the "Official Gary Johnson Is A Better Manager Than Me Thread"? ;)

:worship2::yahoo: Some common sense amongst all the madness .... seriously starting to regret logging on here half the time .... people think they know it all when we are all mere paupers who just pay our money and are devoted to our team :city:

I agree with the sentiment. GJ is far more knowledgable on the football front than the various no-marks and amatuer critics on here. Especially the idiots who decide that "such and such" isn't good enough to play for the club before they have even seen "such and such" kick a ball.

Unfortunately, though, many of us on here could do an infinitely better job of running the PR side of the club than the current incumbents.

Well i'm afraid my FM2008 history suggests otherwise. :innocent06:

Meh, suppose we can let him carry on, if we must... but i did sign better players and i got us promoted to PL, did Gary Johnson sign Gary Neville and Owen? No i don't believe he did. :icecream:

anyone who signs gary neville is a #### :innocent06:

If you don't mind me asking, why?

Top pro, works as hard as anyone on the pitch, looks after himself off it and not a bad captain.

don't get me started please?? Put it this was Gary Neville would never have played for england if we had any decent right backs! Micah Richards is twice the player neville ever was, even at his young age.

don't get me started please?? Put it this was Gary Neville would never have played for england if we had any decent right backs! Micah Richards is twice the player neville ever was, even at his young age.

Micah is a top player, but Gary in his prime was a top player. Most capped right-back for England, captain of possibly the biggest club in the world. You don't make 350+ appearences for Man Utd by being crap, and I don't like Man U before anyones asks.

If you don't mind me asking, why?

Top pro, works as hard as anyone on the pitch, looks after himself off it and not a bad captain.

Because he has a massive chip on his shoulder for no reason toward Man Utd and its fans. If you anyone has anything positive to say about the club then they are a Man Utd fan and given abuse by him.

I think Sir Bobby Charlton has sh***ed his missus or something.

Micah is a top player, but Gary in his prime was a top player. Most capped right-back for England, captain of possibly the biggest club in the world. You don't make 350+ appearences for Man Utd by being crap, and I don't like Man U before anyones asks.

My opinion is he was'nt a top player, he was very average. But thats for another day...... whats the latest on Emad Meteab?

Because he has a massive chip on his shoulder for no reason toward Man Utd and its fans. If you anyone has anything positive to say about the club then they are a Man Utd fan and given abuse by him.

I think Sir Bobby Charlton has sh***ed his missus or something.

chip on my shoulder?? pot kettle black and all that....

of course, your mr. perfect arent you henry??

If the Neville's play for England so can I....

If the Neville's play for England so can I....

If the Neville's play for England

Neville's play for England

If the Neville's play for England so can I

:englandsmile4wf:

Personally I hate Gary Neville for absolutely no reason atall, apart from that I don't like Man United. Nothing wrong with a bit of casual hating of Man United I don't think

I`ve got nothing but respect and admiration for what GJ has done for this club over the past few seasons. However, that doesn`t put him beyond having questions raised over certain actions if they appear questionable at the time ie

The Carle transfer and the signing of Williams. I still have my doubts over that business, fair enough to make a profit if you have a better replacement in mind. Williams hasn`t even been deemed fit enough to kick a ball in anger yet. To my mind the jurys still out on that one.

The announcement that Meteb was now a City player with interviews and photoshoot when in fact he wasn`t. Whilst not entirely GJs responsibility he must surely shoulder some of it.

So yes, i respect him and i can`t think of any manager i`d rather have at the helm at this moment in time. It doesn`t however make him infallible and i won`t just accept every decision out of blind faith.

Should Williams become match fit and be the player that GJ thinks he is then i will tip my hat to him.

As for Metebgate, the damage has been done. For all the hard work that was put in to getting the deal together in the first place i just think the whole thing was handled sloppily at the death.

PDG

I`ve got nothing but respect and admiration for what GJ has done for this club over the past few seasons. However, that doesn`t put him beyond having questions raised over certain actions if they appear questionable at the time ie

The Carle transfer and the signing of Williams. I still have my doubts over that business, fair enough to make a profit if you have a better replacement in mind. Williams hasn`t even been deemed fit enough to kick a ball in anger yet. To my mind the jurys still out on that one.

The announcement that Meteb was now a City player with interviews and photoshoot when in fact he wasn`t. Whilst not entirely GJs responsibility he must surely shoulder some of it.

So yes, i respect him and i can`t think of any manager i`d rather have at the helm at this moment in time. It doesn`t however make him infallible and i won`t just accept every decision out of blind faith.

Should Williams become match fit and be the player that GJ thinks he is then i will tip my hat to him.

As for Metebgate, the damage has been done. For all the hard work that was put in to getting the deal together in the first place i just think the whole thing was handled sloppily at the death.

PDG

A fair and evenhanded post, and I applaud you. My thoughts on these situations are similar to yours.

I'm a bit disgruntled, a bit downhearted, a bit confused, a bit frustrated at the lack of information, and a bit concerned that Mifsud is a knee-jerk second best after GJ publically lauded the signing of Emad, by saying he was his top target.

I am a GJ fan, his record is phenomenal at our club, but at the moment I'm a tad underwhelmed with what appears to be happening.

I also hope Williams gets fit and comes good, but we haven't effectively replaced Carle imho.

As we have no idea as to the rights or wrongs of the Meteab situation it seems a little harsh to blame GJ. He said the player was his number 1 target and they have been tracking him for a 12month or so. Do you really believe under those circumstances GJ woulkd react in the way some leed bus to believe without god reason. OK the PR from the Club is P**s Poor , but whats new. Let GJ do the job some of us believe he can do. I don't believe GJ would take action that is detrementke to the club. GJ has done an excellent job for the club, so some probably still bvelieve other wise. Come on support the Manager, support the team, support the CLUB. Trust GJ to get it right thats what he gets paid for, making the right judgement calls.

Archived