IGNORED

The Entirely Unofficial, I Don't Want Meteb To Come Here Thread

fingers

From all the conjecture, the guy knew exactly what he was doing in playing for ahly last weekend, against the wishes of GJ.

And on top of this, in truth, I've struggled to get really excited about this signing anyway. No doubt the guy is talented, his scoring record at international level is encouraging, but for that amount of money there are an awful lot of doubts about him.

And what would happen: he comes in with a burden of expectancy. He doesn't speak the language, and is away from family / friends for the first time. He has a difficult first six months.

Then the same morons who are calling out GJ right now for not signing, would no doubt get on his back, and make matters worse. A big risk to take with 1.5m.

For me, I'm far happier with a guy who can deliver at this level: GJ has a history of getting the best out of such people, and personally I'm more excited having seen what Mifsud can do, rather than the pure conjecture of a guy who has no experience of football in this country, or at present an ability to speak the language. I think it's no surprise that the foreign players who settle quickly here in the UK speak the language.

Thanks Emad, and all the best, but if all the conjecture is true, better luck next time.

From all the conjecture, the guy knew exactly what he was doing in playing for ahly last weekend, against the wishes of GJ.

And on top of this, in truth, I've struggled to get really excited about this signing anyway. No doubt the guy is talented, his scoring record at international level is encouraging, but for that amount of money there are an awful lot of doubts about him.

And what would happen: he comes in with a burden of expectancy. He doesn't speak the language, and is away from family / friends for the first time. He has a difficult first six months.

Then the same morons who are calling out GJ right now for not signing, would no doubt get on his back, and make matters worse. A big risk to take with 1.5m.

For me, I'm far happier with a guy who can deliver at this level: GJ has a history of getting the best out of such people, and personally I'm more excited having seen what Mifsud can do, rather than the pure conjecture of a guy who has no experience of football in this country, or at present an ability to speak the language. I think it's no surprise that the foreign players who settle quickly here in the UK speak the language.

Thanks Emad, and all the best, but if all the conjecture is true, better luck next time.

Really any need for this?

Maybe that shows he's a loyal team player. Potentially putting a move to english football in jeopardy so he could play in an important match for his club?

Archived