IGNORED

Mifsud When?

redrebel

Lets promote this thread

id rather talk about mifsud who we look likely to sign

hopefully the announcement will be made before the weekend as I'm going sea fishing in falmouth. combination of a signing, sun and evening beers will make my weekend.

i reckon we should announce on fri but unveil on sunday. will be agreat welcome for him with thousands of fans there. wish i could get back in time.

wouldnt hurt to show him the new stadium design plans with the rest of us aswell :fingerscrossed:

Sky Blues chairman Ray Ranson said last night: "We don't see any complications and fully expect the deal to go through this week."

The bloke obviously doesn't know us very well does he....the way things are going we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery at the moment.

The bloke obviously doesn't know us very well does he....the way things are going we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery at the moment.

That's a bit harsh, no it's a lot harsh actually. We manage to conduct any transfers without any problems. I'd defy even the most experienced to negotiate with Emads's club.

I'd defy even the most experienced to negotiate with Emads's club.

BCFC should have had an official (Lansdown, Sextone, Millen, Pete Johnson) at ALL meetings etc with Al Ahly officials/Metab (in England & Egypt). We have been very naive in this IMO.

BCAGFC

BCFC should have had an official (Lansdown, Sextone, Millen, Pete Johnson) at ALL meetings etc with Al Ahly officials/Metab (in England & Egypt). We have been very naive in this IMO.

BCAGFC

How do you know we didn't? Anyway it's not just popping down the road is it, there is technology nowdays you know!

I think maybe things were done as a Gentleman's Agreement, unfortunately not all involved were gentlemen or in agreement it seems.

he only started talks today, I'd imagine he'd understandable want a night to sleep on it / wait for any last minute other interest...I'm sure we will hear something one way or another by 31st August.....

I would hope that we are making him an offer he can't refuse.Time is getting tight and he looks a very good signing to me especially having worked well with Dele.Other clubs I am sure if they get a sniff will ensure they get him.

Wasn't this supposed to be a Michael Mifsud topic?

Mifsud is actually signing now so lets just chat about him.

Anyway, slightly off the subject but on Football Manager 2008, i've bought Emad Meteb and Michael Mifsud and between then in half a season they've scored around 35 goals between them.

Maybe a lucky omen if we get them both.

What do you think our chances of getting Mifsud and salvaging the Meteb deal? :fingerscrossed:

Wasn't this supposed to be a Michael Mifsud topic?

Mifsud is actually signing now so lets just chat about him.

Anyway, slightly off the subject but on Football Manager 2008, i've bought Emad Meteb and Michael Mifsud and between then in half a season they've scored around 35 goals between them.

Maybe a lucky omen if we get them both.

What do you think our chances of getting Mifsud and salvaging the Meteb deal? :fingerscrossed:

Be nice to think so but cant see it happening hope I'm wrong and we do sign hem :fingerscrossed:

Sorry RedM but I disagree, yes usually we do do our business quietly and in the right manner, but on this Egyptian deal, we have cocked up from day 1 from everything that has come out from the Egyptian end...there have been mistakes made from the outset, yes it may be difficult to deal with them, but lets have the full story and an honest one, not weeks of complete silence when we can all read whats going on on the internet...!

You don't always have to stick up for the club or GJ love, both make mistakes....occasionally.

Sorry RedM but I disagree, yes usually we do do our business quietly and in the right manner, but on this Egyptian deal, we have cocked up from day 1 from everything that has come out from the Egyptian end...there have been mistakes made from the outset, yes it may be difficult to deal with them, but lets have the full story and an honest one, not weeks of complete silence when we can all read whats going on on the internet...!

You don't always have to stick up for the club or GJ love, both make mistakes....occasionally.

Surely to get the full story you need to hear both sides.

All we have heard in the most part is pidgin english comments from Al Ahly fans and loosely translated articles from websites that even the Egyptians regard as being inaccurate.

I read earlier that GJ was away on a scouting mission,Or could he be away in Egypt trying to sort out this mess.Chatting to a guy who has very close links to the club and i asked if Mifsud was a direct replacement for Meteb and he said no, he was an additional signing.But the meteb deal is not over ,although he said it was 50/50.He still wants to come but will GJ still want him.He also said it was nothing to do with metebs club ,agent,it was soley down to him to play.and thats what has upset GJ the most.There is still hope.

Who are you calling 'love' you patronising person. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me but why this?

I do not always stick up for the club, far from it. Yes GJ does make mistakes but I have more faith in him and what he has done, and will do for the club, than just about all of the managers over the past few years put together.

Yes, I would like the club to make a statement as much as anyone else. but as with all things there must be a valid and good reason why they haven't. I am happy to trust the ones who are paid to worry about such things do so with dignity and professionalism, and have the good of the club at the centre of all this.

Archived