Forget Blaming The Agent Or Emad...

Br 1st ol

...The lawyers representing BCFC.

If the contracts issued when emad came to Bristol were water tight:

1) there would not have been any grey area over whether he was free to play

2) we could simply cancel the contract if he was in breach

The ongoing silence means one of 2 things:

1) We are trying to save the deal

2) We are not clear yet whether we can pull out of the deal (meaning emads availablity to play on sunday was not indeed specified and as such he may not be in breach)

As GJ said, putting a deal together takes some time...so surely our lawyers, whoever they are, had plenty of time to draw up the template contracts, leaving only the details such as fees and payment schedules to be filled in once the negotiations were complte.

Once the negotiations were complete, surely a copy of the proposed contract would have been emailed over for perusal before he even came to bristol for the medical.

A propsed timeline would also have been incuded, which surely would have outlined any stipulations such as when his registration was to be cancelled, when contract would be signed etc.

In summary this ongoing silence must mean our legal position is unclear, and bad advice was given by our legal team....in which case i am sure some lawyers somewhere must be very embarrassed this week...

...The lawyers representing BCFC.

If the contracts issued when emad came to Bristol were water tight:

1) there would not have been any grey area over whether he was free to play

2) we could simply cancel the contract if he was in breach

The ongoing silence means one of 2 things:

1) We are trying to save the deal

2) We are not clear yet whether we can pull out of the deal (meaning emads availablity to play on sunday was not indeed specified and as such he may not be in breach)

As GJ said, putting a deal together takes some time...so surely our lawyers, whoever they are, had plenty of time to draw up the template contracts, leaving only the details such as fees and payment schedules to be filled in once the negotiations were complte.

Once the negotiations were complete, surely a copy of the proposed contract would have been emailed over for perusal before he even came to bristol for the medical.

A propsed timeline would also have been incuded, which surely would have outlined any stipulations such as when his registration was to be cancelled, when contract would be signed etc.

In summary this ongoing silence must mean our legal position is unclear, and bad advice was given by our legal team....in which case i am sure some lawyers somewhere must be very embarrassed this week...

I'm sure you are very close to the mark. If it was clear cut and GJ wanted to pull the plug, why hasn't he done so, officially and publically? I know Easter wasn't signed, but he was sent away with a flea in his ear and we were quickly told why he wasn't signed.

My concern is that this MAY have been a cultural/language misunderstanding and there is a danger that we are 'throwing the baby out with the bath water'.

Naturally had this occurred in the UK between British clubs and involving a player who was already plying his trade here, then I would expect us to sever all ties and go to the relevant authorities asap.

This situation is not so obviously cut and dried, UNLESS as you rightly suggest, it was enshrined in the contract detail.

The frustration amongst City fans is palpable, and imo the supporters are the lifeblood and we should be informed as soon as possible exactly what is going on, if only to stop the speculation anbd infighting on here!!

Seems to me that there is an inherent contradiction in Emads club claiming that there was no contract in place at the time of the derby game (20th) and city being in difficulties with breach of contract - either there was (and emad breached it by playing), or, there wasn't = no legal commitment. :dunno:

I believe that if he is as good as they say he is we should bring him to the UK and train him in the ways that things should be done over here, lets face it we need quality strikers if we are to go forward and for the Manager or the club to throw their toys out of the pram at sight of a problem that can be solved then i think we are being petty.

Had we had two quality goal scorers last season we would now be in the Premier League so lets not make a mistake now by letting ehmad go bacause if we don't get him someone else will and probably to our detrament.

You might be right. I thought this myself yesterday.

If the reason for no club comment is the legal stuff then i would say there is a slim chance of us getting any official comment today.

However, the first we know for sure might be the fact that he turns out for his club again on Sunday.

If this happens without an official statement from our club then the shit will really hit the fan and there will be 50 million Bristol City supports very angry with the way our club has dealt with this.

You might be right. I thought this myself yesterday.

If the reason for no club comment is the legal stuff then i would say there is a slim chance of us getting any official comment today.

However, the first we know for sure might be the fact that he turns out for his club again on Sunday.

If this happens without an official statement from our club then the shit will really hit the fan and there will be 50 million Bristol City supports very angry with the way our club has dealt with this.

I have a sneeky feeling that whilst all this is taking time.. (a long time). The Emad deal is not dead, and things are certainly being worked on in the background. I believe that we may have two new strikers before next week, and that a comment will be made today from City.

It just seems to have taken too long for City not to say anything, whatever the legal position is. I think its just business as usual at the Gate.

I have a sneeky feeling that whilst all this is taking time.. (a long time). The Emad deal is not dead, and things are certainly being worked on in the background. I believe that we may have two new strikers before next week, and that a comment will be made today from City.

It just seems to have taken too long for City not to say anything, whatever the legal position is. I think its just business as usual at the Gate.

Do you know what, I'm thinking the same thing, if its dead, its dead, surely the club would of said something by now on the matter and something would of also been said in Egypt?????

I still think something is being sorted, and as the days tick by and GJ has had time to think about it and maybe calm down, the pros out weight the cons.

Emad is seen as a David Beckham figure in Egypt, and all this would be great for selling papers and blown out off all proportion, Idon't even think the WDP knows whats going on, they have gone by all the sources we have by the looks of things.

So if the sources coming out of Africa are wrong, then everything else is wrong, cus thats the only think we can go by.

The striker that GJ has been chasing for a year is still available, wants to join City and we have agreed terms... thats the basics, if GJ doesn't want him, its 5 days now since he player (EM) played for his old/current club, so the deal can't be dead can it? As surely Emad would of said something by now to:-

a) Find another club

b) Give his beloved Alhy fans something to cheer about

I telling you, this deal isn't over....

Do you know what, I'm thinking the same thing, if its dead, its dead, surely the club would of said something by now on the matter and something would of also been said in Egypt?????

I still think something is being sorted, and as the days tick by and GJ has had time to think about it and maybe calm down, the pros out weight the cons.

Emad is seen as a David Beckham figure in Egypt, and all this would be great for selling papers and blown out off all proportion, Idon't even think the WDP knows whats going on, they have gone by all the sources we have by the looks of things.

So if the sources coming out of Africa are wrong, then everything else is wrong, cus thats the only think we can go by.

The striker that GJ has been chasing for a year is still available, wants to join City and we have agreed terms... thats the basics, if GJ doesn't want him, its 5 days now since he player (EM) played for his old/current club, so the deal can't be dead can it? As surely Emad would of said something by now to:-

a) Find another club

b) Give his beloved Alhy fans something to cheer about

I telling you, this deal isn't over....

Agree with that, if the deal was dead we would have said so by now, it may still end up dead but it surely must be roceeding to some extent behind closed doors.

Emad seems as if he regrets playing, be it because he was advised badly that we were ok with him playing (you would have thought he'd have thought about it a bit and come to the conclusion that us saying he could play was a bit fishy, but footballers are notoriously silly at times and make decisions that most people would class as highly dubious all the time) or because all along we were mislead by the people working on our behalf out there. The fact that his agent and him have appologised seems an indication that they didn't mean to deliberatley disrespect GJ, and it was a monumentous balls up by all involved. If we pull out of this now then it seems a bit petty, as frankly we are as much to blame as anyone else for not making sure the deal was finalised before all this could have happened, if we were going to start the contract on the 21st, we should have made sure we had it set in stone that Meteb couldn't play, or at least been able to compromise, sign the deal confirming the transfer but put in it a clause that Emad could have come on for a cameo after 85 mins or something.

I think it is very naive to blame the lawyers working on the case. The deal is signed, or it wasn't signed,,, quite simple really. I'm sure the lawyers working for Bristol City have worked with them for quite some time and, of course they have template contracts,,, any legal firm does quite simply put. They add the terms that City want, if city asked for a further document coveting that meteb did not play that would have been drawn up and signed by both parties. I'm sure if you asked the standard layman if the contract is not dated, or not signed, whatever was the case then the deal is not complete quite simply put. Remember steve lansdown is no mug, he is a very very successful businessman. If you want to place blame at the feet of the legal department/team I think there is some element of blame to land with steve.

I think it is very naive to blame the lawyers working on the case. The deal is signed, or it wasn't signed,,, quite simple really. I'm sure the lawyers working for Bristol City have worked with them for quite some time and, of course they have template contracts,,, any legal firm does quite simply put. They add the terms that City want, if city asked for a further document coveting that meteb did not play that would have been drawn up and signed by both parties. I'm sure if you asked the standard layman if the contract is not dated, or not signed, whatever was the case then the deal is not complete quite simply put. Remember steve lansdown is no mug, he is a very very successful businessman. If you want to place blame at the feet of the legal department/team I think there is some element of blame to land with steve.

The deal is signed, or it wasn't signed,,,

and that i think is my point....if it was signed and watertight, if we wanted to pull out, it would have been straight forward.

the fact things are taking so long suggests:

the contracts were not as clear cut as we would have liked

or

we are trying to save the deal or even renegotiate

or

we are simply taking our time to hedge our bets whilst looking at other options

My fear is that our legal team were not sharp enough in devising a contract to cover this kind of eventuallity (Which incidentally was foreseen hence GJ's statement about his non availablity at the time of the oribinal statement reference his signing)

Last Wednesday it was announced he was signed subject to a medical surely City don't need to say anything else regarding this matter until he recieves it??

Like people have said if the deal was dead it would have been announced by now

Archived