IGNORED

'competition For Dele'

sunningdalered

So what we talking about here? A strong, ball-winning player not afraid of putting his head in, presence in the box, adept at playing in other forwards, ideally with the ability to run with the ball on occasion, and a finisher.... that sounds like a perfect description of Steve Brooker to me - so what's the deal, why do we need another player from that mould? :dunno:

So what we talking about here? A strong, ball-winning player not afraid of putting his head in, presence in the box, adept at playing in other forwards, ideally with the ability to run with the ball on occasion, and a finisher.... that sounds like a perfect description of Steve Brooker to me - so what's the deal, why do we need another player from that mould? :dunno:

Agreed, he seems to be over the knee problem, he's on the books, so why not just use him ?

He's had a frustrating time, but a rejuvenated Brooks could actually save us quite a bit of money .

I just bought the season highlights DVD today and watched it this afternoon - I had forgotten how many goals Dele scored (odd as I was at all of the games he scored in, home and away). With my memory as it is, Adebola feels like a new signing having just watched the DVD, he certainly can score goals. I don't know why I recalled him being less effective than he actually was.

Brooker of course is a quality replacement (should never forget he has undoubted Championship quality, he was too good for League One when he was fit), don't know about another target man, thought our transfer ambitions concerned the pacy 20-goal a season poacher to accompany either of those two (with Trundle as the flair option) hence Meteb or Mifsud or Lita would fit in perfectly and Myrie-Williams/Plummer as the Plan B.

Actually quite excited, in spite of our problems scoring last season and having released/sold 3 attacking players since. If we can nail one or two of these signings I reckon the front line existing and new will really step it up. Returning full circle I think Adebola has another stand-out season left in him with a fast tricky striker alongside him. That's a two very different challenges for central defenders to cope with.

Archived