IGNORED

Different Angle On Emad "c**k Up"

downendcity

I can't recall seeeing this on this forum but I've just been reading the BBC 6060 forum. There are a few posts on there suggesting the reason for the delay is because we have concerns about who actually owns Emad, suggesting problems similar to the Tevez saga.

From the way the posts were worded it appeared that this was not plucked out of thin air, so if there is some truth in this then surely we would be completely justified in satisfying ourselves as to who owns him and where the fee is going before conluding the deal, and cancelling completely if everything was not found to be fully Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion.

After the palarva over the Enoch transfer the last thing we want is a points penalty being slapped on us because of another transfer irregularity. This might also explain the silence from the club, as I guess they would not want to publicise "allegations" that might turn out to be untrue. Has anyone else heard anything along these lines?

Guest churchill gaffer

ANOTHER CHINESE WHISPER!

IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN WE SHOULD JUST PULL OUT AND GET ON WITH BUILDING THE TEAM.

Same thing alleged in the Independent today:

Emad Meteb's move to Bristol City could be in doubt after the Egypt international played for his former team. The 25-year-old striker last week completed a club record £1.5m switch to Ashton Gate from Al Ahly. However, Meteb turned out in the Cairo derby against Zamalek on Sunday and it is now unclear who owns the rights to the player. However, his agent has played down the misunderstanding and is confident Meteb will play for Bristol City when the season starts.

After the palarva over the Enoch transfer the last thing we want is a points penalty being slapped on us because of another transfer irregularity. This might also explain the silence from the club, as I guess they would not want to publicise "allegations" that might turn out to be untrue. Has anyone else heard anything along these lines?

Surely all we have to do is change our name to West Ham and all will be well? :innocent06:

Hmmm....

This seems to make a lot more sense than throwing a wobbly over one relatively minor indiscretion. I found it hard to believe we would give up "our number one target" over that, after chasing him for ages. Given the club's silence, it seems possible the deal could be resurrected.

Guest churchill gaffer
Hmmm....

This seems to make a lot more sense than throwing a wobbly over one relatively minor indiscretion. I found it hard to believe we would give up "our number one target" over that, after chasing him for ages. Given the club's silence, it seems possible the deal could be resurrected.

We may hear at the end of July!

But which year!

Why is nothing straightforward with these people, remember Mido's antics at Spurs and with Egypt,loose cannons, just going off their heads when they're not centre stage, being played, being subbed etc.

He'll want the Club Groundsman cutting the grass at his club supplied house before you know it.

If this guy ain't going to be a GJ player before he's even signed / started...forget it..........it ain't ever going to be worth the fee, the agents fee, the aggravation and ultimateley the embarrassment of bringing this clown into the Club.

Que Sheffield United finding something to moan about for the next 6 years!!

As if your team or any other team in England wouldn't "moan" if it would have been them instead. But that's a different story all together... Now please, continue with all this mumbo-jumbo about some bloke who's done something in Egypt and by doing that certain something has now for some reason or another not turned up in England to do something else.

Archived