IGNORED

Gj's Whereabouts?

Back of the net

Has GJ really been on a scouting trip in Europe? Why would he do this during pre season when all the players would simply be looking to raise their fitness levels? Surely scouting would only be worthwhile during the season or a competative tournament? With only 2 weeks to the start of the season, would he take a couple of days out to watch some meaningless friendly?

I've a theory (based on no source or anything else) - GJ has been in Egypt, looking to resolve the issue over Meteb's transfer. I don't think the deal is completely dead, and the longer it goes on without comment from the club, the more positive it must be? I should imagine he was furious at the outset, however, in the cold light of day, do we really want to lose a potential bargain? We've seen from his treatment of other players (Orr, Brooker, McIndoe) that he is willing to allow anyone to make one mistake, providing there is something there to work with.

I understand GJ is back in Bristol today to conclude the Mifsud transfer, so I am hoping that we will also hear something about Meteb. I still think it could go either way.

It doesn't actually mention Europe its just says Johnson returned from a scouting mission on the Continent. It doesn't say which Continent !!! This leads me to believe, like you, that he might have been away trying to save the Metab deal :pray:

He's just got back from Austria after looking at a player

Brings to mid that old song " See the Pyramids across the Alps".

Or, from The Sound of Music " climb e'vry mountain, ford every Nile".

Markus Katzer

Jürgen Patocka

One of those two. Guarenteed.

Be honest redhyde, youv'e just taken a load of scrabble tiles and jumbled them up to make these two names, haven't you?

OK. So to get any kind of news out of AG at the moment we have to refer to the Dorset News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am stunned beyond belief.

PDG

I think it's a discrage that the Dorset News reporter didn't quiz GJ on Meteb.......he should be fired....

Seriously though, it says it all about the offical website and our local media when the only quotes since are last game from GJ are published in the Dorest News

• SC&T Board Members

The Austrian league season is already two / three games old.

The only game played in the country since the weekend was on Wednesday night, which fits in with GJ 'just being back' when he spoke to the Dorset News.

He therefore almost certainly saw Sturm Graz vs Mattersburg.

No idea who was watching, but he'd have seen a 20 year-old striker / midfielder for Graz score two and make one in their 3-0 win. A guy called Daniel Beichler.

PS: Katzer and Patocka play for Rapid Vienna, who haven't played since last Saturday.

Patocka would be handy with McCombe and Fontaine struggling...

And Katzer would be very handy in replacing Mcallister and covering McIndoe.

My logic goes off who plays in Austria, was in the national squad, but didn't feature in Euro 2008, didn't move this summer and isn't 35+

But their team didn't play in the last couple of days which would tend to favour Blagdon reds suggestion.

Has GJ really been on a scouting trip in Europe? Why would he do this during pre season when all the players would simply be looking to raise their fitness levels? Surely scouting would only be worthwhile during the season or a competative tournament? With only 2 weeks to the start of the season, would he take a couple of days out to watch some meaningless friendly?

I've a theory (based on no source or anything else) - GJ has been in Egypt, looking to resolve the issue over Meteb's transfer. I don't think the deal is completely dead, and the longer it goes on without comment from the club, the more positive it must be? I should imagine he was furious at the outset, however, in the cold light of day, do we really want to lose a potential bargain? We've seen from his treatment of other players (Orr, Brooker, McIndoe) that he is willing to allow anyone to make one mistake, providing there is something there to work with.

I understand GJ is back in Bristol today to conclude the Mifsud transfer, so I am hoping that we will also hear something about Meteb. I still think it could go either way.

i agree

:englandsmile4wf:

Markus Katzer

surely thats a triple word score right there? :tumbleweed:

unless it is buried in the dorset echo in print smaller than the small print then i cannot see the word austria.

i suggested two days ago GJ was off to the land of the pyramids. nobody listens to me. :crying:

The Austrian league season is already two / three games old.

The only game played in the country since the weekend was on Wednesday night, which fits in with GJ 'just being back' when he spoke to the Dorset News.

He therefore almost certainly saw Sturm Graz vs Mattersburg.

No idea who was watching, but he'd have seen a 20 year-old striker / midfielder for Graz score two and make one in their 3-0 win. A guy called Daniel Beichler.

PS: Katzer and Patocka play for Rapid Vienna, who haven't played since last Saturday.

thanks for sharing that with the entire football world... on to the next one then gary... surely we can keep it quiet in ulan bator or perhaps ouagadougou.. i know a couple of players there worth a look. if we go via several connecting airports people will surely have no chance of finding out who we are searching. Not like that Meteb deal.. that one could be scuppered now by those leaky faxes and rumours put about by that prem team.. makes my blood boil.

surely thats a triple word score right there? :tumbleweed:

unless it is buried in the dorset echo in print smaller than the small print then i cannot see the word austria.

i suggested two days ago GJ was off to the land of the pyramids. nobody listens to me. :crying:

"The whole squad will be at the game because we also have a friendly at Bournemouth the following day and it will be a strong side that we will put out in as much as names that people will know. But at this moment I do not know exactly who they will be because I have only just got back from Austria."

This guy played for the losing side:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3010193,00.html

Plays striker and left wing 6ft 2 - Macedonian International - I know nothing but looking at the sides he's the only one who might be right and looking for a move this summer.

Could well be right. Fits the tall striker description we are supposedly after.

"The whole squad will be at the game because we also have a friendly at Bournemouth the following day and it will be a strong side that we will put out in as much as names that people will know. But at this moment I do not know exactly who they will be because I have only just got back from Austria."

thanks to Gaz and Semblar and anyone else i missed who pulled out the sentence.

This guy played for the losing side:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3010193,00.html

Plays striker and left wing 6ft 2 - Macedonian International - I know nothing but looking at the sides he's the only one who might be right and looking for a move this summer.

Macedonia?.. now we are talkin. easier to get to than egypt, beautiful adriatic coastline, cheap place to buy property and the totty is not toooo bad neither. :icecream:

Macedonia?.. now we are talkin. easier to get to than egypt, beautiful adriatic coastline, cheap place to buy property and the totty is not toooo bad neither. :icecream:

Don't know about the totty or the property, but I do know it hasn't got any coastline, let alone an Adriatic one. Got a big deep lake though, Ohrid or similar. Sorry to be an anorak, just been reading Michael Palin's book about New Europe. An dI couldn't tell you anything about the Skopje derby, and whether this guy will play after signing for somebody else.

Archived