IGNORED

Embarrasing

Guest shane

Guest shane

Personally, I have had enough of reading all this shit, the lad played a game for a club he'd played for all his life, I applaud his loyallty. GJ is a great manager, football isn't about showing whose boss, it's about give and take, swings and roundabouts.

If GJ really does his homework on players then this is just the type of player we need. Sign him on, lets get our shirts printed and get over it. Christ he played a game....

As for the lad at Coventry, decent player, bit small for me and didn't impress after Adebola left Coventry. So maybe Dele brings the best out of him. ??

We need them both, move on and quickly. Quashie would be a tremendous signings as well. Get these three in asap and the enthusiasm of last season will return.

I'm off to Spain for almost three weeks today so hopefully all this rubbish will be long sorted before then.

Guest shane

To be honest I've never signed a "foreign" player before. But I would have made sure that when the transfer was complete then it would have been impossible for him to play (ie made him ineligible). The fact that City left him playing even a remote possibility was a mistake. Someone should have insisted he remained in the UK until the paperwork was done, he could have just gone house hunting or looking for schools for heaven sakes.

Now if I was GJ I would try and look at the bigger picture, you want to keep face but if the lad scores 20 goals this season who will care ? GJ is a proven manager, he doesn't have to flex his muscles, it's similar to Neil Warnock who in his book admits he wasted money at Sheff U signing two strikers but then being big enough to put Shipperley back in the team.

We all know GJ is the "gaffer", he is a strong man in terms of decision making but the bottom line is the fact he has done so well at City means he can still sign the player without looking weak, infact, in my opinion it makes him look stronger. Does AF care that Ronaldo has made life difficult this summer ? of course not, for the good of Man U Ronaldo will stay and for the good of City I hope the lad still signs.

Yes I have bought a few players, ok, non league level and sold a few to league clubs and not for this sort of money but the principle is identical.

I'll go along with that mate.

We're not blameless in this at all, but I can't believe that Meteb went out and played. Regardless of loyalty to Al Ahly, the fans etc, he shouldn't have had his pic taken with the shirt to then go and do that.

I'm so fed up of this now, the silence from the club is deafening, and if I'm honest with the news that Mifsud is stalling for the first time this summer I am genuinely worried. Trust in GJ is still there, but we need to players in quickly - as if he didn't already realise!

To be honest I've never signed a "foreign" player before. But I would have made sure that when the transfer was complete then it would have been impossible for him to play (ie made him ineligible). The fact that City left him playing even a remote possibility was a mistake. Someone should have insisted he remained in the UK until the paperwork was done, he could have just gone house hunting or looking for schools for heaven sakes.

totaly agree on that one

Archived