IGNORED

No Manners, No Morals

RedTide

Someone goes out of their way to come and talk to us, in not only a different language but a different alphabet to their own, they talk with respect, politeness and consideration all the time - and half of you lot call him names and disrespect him. Disgusting.

Guest shane
Someone goes out of their way to come and talk to us, in not only a different language but a different alphabet to their own, they talk with respect, politeness and consideration all the time - and half of you lot call him names and disrespect him. Disgusting.

It's called Racist..........

It's the same whenever anybody posts on here with words that others do not agree with. As mentioned in an earlier thread it's just virtual bullying.

I'm sure if all the posters were discussing things face to face 80% of the insults would not be said!

Beaks

Guest shane
It's the same whenever anybody posts on here with words that others do not agree with. As mentioned in an earlier thread it's just virtual bullying.

I'm sure if all the posters were discussing things face to face 80% of the insults would not be said!

Beaks

100% agree.

What an absolutely stupid immature thing to say!

Everyone is treated the same, not dependent on where they are from, dependent on what they say. If someone (Invador for example) comes on here disrespecting City then he will be argued with.

Go away on holiday.. we don't need muppets like you...

Typical.............

If you would like to make such a strong allegation at least have some idea of what you are talking about... you quite simply do not even understand what constitutes being rascist. THE MERE FACT THAT INSULTS MAY HAVE BEEN HURLED AT SOMEONE OF A DIFFERENT ETHNICITY (WHATEVER YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL IT) IS NOT ITSELF RASCIST.

Moron.

I do feel we have treated our egyptian friends a little unfairly and some have been a little rude....

and as for the racism? the only racism i've seen is from havantopia re Leroy Lita - surprised he's not banned tbh!

You've really got to explain that to me mate.

I've not got the time or inclination to read every post about Meteb, but I've not seen anything racist, if you have please share it so that something can be done.

I think people on both sides are losing patience with each other, and things are being said that maybe cross the line a bit, but nothing that be termed as racist. In fact the worst I seen was one of the Ahly fans calling us 'british shits'. I've not got a problem with that, I took it as banter that maybe lost something in translation.

Got nothing but respect for the Ahly fans that have come on and put their side of the story across. I wish I could talk, write their language as well as they do ours.

Lets leave this crap alone now, if anything that had caused real offence had happened then I'm sure Edson, Tom F whoever would have put a stop to it.

''Zamalek Supporters - Bristol Branch''

That topic is just embarrassing. We don't even know whats going on and we are drilling another club and its supports, who have in large been informative and understanding.

Not only are they taking time out of their day to inform us about one of their players, but they are writting in a foreign language totally different to what they are used too.

We keep saying how we should branch out and take advantage of marketing opporunities, and then take the piss when we could make a bond with a massive club in africa.

Rant Over

What an absolutely stupid immature thing to say!

Everyone is treated the same, not dependent on where they are from, dependent on what they say. If someone (Invador for example) comes on here disrespecting City then he will be argued with.

Go away on holiday.. we don't need muppets like you...

That just about sums it all up.

Exactly my point - 'dependant on what they say' - he (invador) has gone out of his way to be overtly respectful in everything he's said - he's polite in a way that is the opposite of a post like the one I'm quoting.

Very sad.

That topic is just embarrassing. We don't even know whats going on and we are drilling another club and its supports, who have in large been informative and understanding.

Not only are they taking time out of their day to inform us about one of their players, but they are writting in a foreign language totally different to what they are used too.

We keep saying how we should branch out and take advantage of marketing opporunities, and then take the piss when we could make a bond with a massive club in africa.

Rant Over

Oh behave you precious little girl, it's a meaningless forum. I suspect anyone that takes such things seriously are seriously sad.

Like Riaz says, compared to some real racists who are allowed continue to post on here and find it laughable that other things can be taken so seriously.

I suspect apart 1 maybe 2 of the "Egyptians" posting on here, most our the fimant of some wind up mervchants imagination. The real embarresment is that so many people believe that they're real.

Exactly my point - 'dependant on what they say' - he (invador) has gone out of his way to be overtly respectful in everything he's said - he's polite in a way that is the opposite of a post like the one I'm quoting.

Very sad.

Maybe you should take a leaf out of invadors book rathern than impolitely calling the thread 'no manners, no morals'.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Oh behave you precious little girl, it's a meaningless forum. I suspect anyone that takes such things seriously are seriously sad.

Like Riaz says, compared to some real racists who are allowed continue to post on here and find it laughable that other things can be taken so seriously.

I suspect apart 1 maybe 2 of the "Egyptians" posting on here, most our the fimant of some wind up mervchants imagination. The real embarresment is that so many people believe that they're real.

Precious little girl, haha, see you had to get personal.

Very sad.

Just because he put "with respect" at the end of the post doesn't mean what was said before was respectful.

It is the same tactic as you are using here... taking digs at people (no manners, no morals, very sad) in a way that you can claim to be high and mighty, by not directly insulting.

And anyway, my post was in reply to the racist comment, which was immature and stupid and deserved that response.

Just because someone is from (or claims to be from) a different culture, it doesnt mean you have to treat them differently - you are implying that we should be.

EDIT: OK, I've decided that I should calm down, go out and get some fresh air... ;)

And I'll leave the people who can be bothered to argue, to get on with the little pointless squabbles...

:sub:

Really? I 'suspect' the opposite and that most of the Egyptian posters are genuine.

I assume there is a way for the Mods to find out.

Perhaps they'll tell us how many were genuine and how many they suspect of being gas, or other, wind up merchants? :dunno:

Really? I 'suspect' the opposite and that most of the Egyptian posters are genuine.

I assume there is a way for the Mods to find out.

Perhaps they'll tell us how many were genuine and how many they suspect of being gas, or other, wind up merchants? :dunno:

I think they are genuine, some of them were translating arabic to english & rovers fans struggle with english, let alone arabic!

Yup, that topic was plain embarrassing

If Emad was to scan over the forum to see what our fans were making of this whole saga then no doubt that thread would not have sat well with him at all

A majority of the posts from the Egyptians were informative and generally good natured. The response from our fans less so.

If you have a problem with a topic or an post then REPORT IT.

I, nor the mod team, can read every single post so help us by using it p_report.gif

Do you have a way of ascertaining how many of the main Egyptian posters were almost certainly genuine and how many were unlikely to be?

Do you have a way of ascertaining how many of the main Egyptian posters were almost certainly genuine and how many were unlikely to be?

IP Addresses generally give you a rough idea. About 50% of so called egypitian bassed posters had UK based IP's....

IP Addresses generally give you a rough idea. About 50% of so called egypitian bassed posters had UK based IP's....

Thanks.

I take that as meaning half of them ( those abroad) were almost certainly genuine and the majority of the rest were probably Egyptian exiles, of which there are many.

I imagine any you suspected strongly of being gas wind up merchants were scrutinised and quickly removed especially if their IP's were based in Bristol.

I saw little obvious evidence of wind up merchants or imposters myself amongst the one's that posted regularly.

I do feel we have treated our egyptian friends a little unfairly and some have been a little rude....

and as for the racism? the only racism i've seen is from havantopia re Leroy Lita - surprised he's not banned tbh!

Agreed some have been quite rude and that it certainly hasn't been racism.

The guy yesterday was 100% for real, I had spoken with him before (about 5 weeks ago) and I still believe most if not all have been genuine. A Gas would not be able to resist adding stupid Egyptian stereotypical comments and would have attacked City rather than try to defend Al-Ahly.

Archived