IGNORED

Are We Being Mugged

chipmonk

Is it me or does anyone else think that we(THE FANS)tend to get bluffed by the club alot.

We were told that we had to prove we wanted Premier League/championship football at the Gate and

sold nearly all our season tickets for the coming season.

Everyone is excited by all the names being banded about Maynard Phillips Eastwood.

I wonder if its just me that thinks this but i reckon there is someone at the club who leaks a name (cs. ching ching i smell money)to excite us in to parting with our money.

We were never going to get Maynard so we bid well below the asking price knowing full well they wont except the offer and leak it to the Evil post to get us all excited again for it to piter out and name someone else.

I really hope Meteb come as hes sounds quality and i think the way things seem to be going we have more to lose than him.

If this deal doesnt happen we should look for players who spent most of last season injured to talk about on here because they are cheap bargains who can keep Brooker and Williams company in the treatment room.

I think we should look for a sweeper for next season to clean up all the broken glass from those spinning plates.

Sorry for being a miserable sod but ive just woke up and checked the o/s for still no news and yes i did get out the right side of bed! :sleeping:

Is it me or does anyone else think that we(THE FANS)tend to get bluffed by the club alot.

We were told that we had to prove we wanted Premier League/championship football at the Gate and

Everyone is excited by all the names being banded about Maynard Phillips Eastwood.

I wonder if its just me that thinks this but i reckon there is someone at the club who leaks a name (cs. ching ching i smell money)to excite us in to parting with our money.

We were never going to get Maynard so we bid well below the asking price knowing full well they wont except the offer and leak it to the Evil post to get us all excited again for it to piter out and name someone else.

I really hope Meteb come as hes sounds quality and i think the way things seem to be going we have more to lose than him.

If this deal doesnt happen we should look for players who spent most of last season injured to talk about on here because they are cheap bargains who can keep Brooker and Williams company in the treatment room.

I think we should look for a sweeper for next season to clean up all the broken glass from those spinning plates.

Sorry for being a miserable sod but ive just woke up and checked the o/s for still no news and yes i did get out the right side of bed! :sleeping:

total b***ocks.

cheers :)

I'm fed up with it all to be perfectly honest. If we aren't willing to pay the going rate then why bother going in for some of these names? :dunno:

Christ, if we can't offer Mifsud a decent deal then we ain't going to get anyone of proven quality. :ranting:

I'm fed up with it all to be perfectly honest. If we aren't willing to pay the going rate then why bother going in for some of these names? :dunno:

Christ, if we can't offer Mifsud a decent deal then we ain't going to get anyone of proven quality. :ranting:

Ridiculous statement. So you are saying that we should aim low and make sure that the players we go for are so poor that they definitely fall into our wage structure? I'm absoutely sure that this is a classic player and his agent trying to call our bluff scenario. It happens all the time but some spineless clubs give in. We, thankfully, are not like that and will no doubt see the player sign anyway but for the money we are prepared to pay. Ask yourself if you think holding the club to ransom and SL and GJ buckling to his demands is the right way forward.

stop reading toilet papers and dog shitesville web sites.

Then, and only then, will you perhaps have a more even minded view of things. Much like a lot of ranters on here lately.

stop reading toilet papers and dog shitesville web sites.

Then, and only then, will you perhaps have a more even minded view of things. Much like a lot of ranters on here lately.

Absolutely right - GJ and SL refusing to make announcments until deals are completed saves a lot of having to discuss deals that go wrong or don't happen because of agents negotiating tactics and red herrings being devoured but later being spewed up when the deal doesn't taste as good as promised.

Thank god we aren't in the Prem when all you hear about is ronaldo going to real, barry and liverpool, berbatov to man u, ronaldhino to man city. I am comvinced the eu devised the transfer market times just to ensure the media have plenty of crap to fill space and programmes with during the closed season.

as we all know - GJ and SL will do it properly.

total b***ocks.

cheers :)

here here

At the end of the day GJ told/said emad that he wont play in that cairo derby, but he did, and 90 mins - cant blame city/GJ for that

He was obviously pi**ed off with that and it looks like he wont be at our place - in the mean time he looks like signing this coventy bloke, his agent prob thinks, city got a lot more money no that 1.5 mil wont be spent, his greedy agent prob thinks milk um a bit..... and it looks like that aint going throu...

you've got to respect johnson/lansdown for their decisions - a very expensive bloke i've never heard of who cant be bothered to respect his new managers wishes & a bloke who didnt score in 19 games ??

We prob all thought great... but its not exactly ronaldo & rooney is it ?

Mr Johnson wont let us down... in GJ we trust !

To those that are happy with the current situation regarding our fantastic summer sighnings, fair play to you. Personally i`m with Tin on this one. Two weeks to go and all we`ve got is a midfielder not fit enough to kick a ball, now thats ambition for you.

PDG

Guest MaloneFM

Yes you are right.

One promotion. One play off final in two years. Football that is the most exciting I have seen in about 4 seasons. Last minute winners. Genuine heros. Brooker fighting his way back in. Trundle getting leaner and fitter and scoring the kind of goal that even if it never sent us to Wembley would be long, long remembered.

Now look at it. A manager and board that don't want to wave money at end of career wasters or overpaid pisstakers from abroad. A ground that is not pie in the sky. Teams that fear the atmosphere. More kids wearing the red and white than in years. And its NOT Man United or Liverpool. We didn't just hold on last season. We took it to the entire Championship.

And in the wind, the stench of jealousy from the north side of town.

You have a right to be annoyed by all this. Just don't take a walk along your memories as you won't get far. They seem to be a bit short right now.

Remember 'I believe'? The candle? It wasn't just a bloody slogan and a gimmick.

To those that are happy with the current situation regarding our fantastic summer sighnings, fair play to you. Personally i`m with Tin on this one. Two weeks to go and all we`ve got is a midfielder not fit enough to kick a ball, now thats ambition for you.

PDG

:disapointed2se: We have no right to be privy to the deals ongoing or forth coming, we are supporters. We employ a manager to manage. Fans get fed tit bits from wide and varying sources and feel hard done by. It all comes to those who WAIT.

why cannot we be happy with the players we have, that got us to within a hairs breadth of the prem last season and the additition of S.Brooker and whoever GJ signs; and he will sign someone. Do you not think he knows who we need and S.L will make the money available in an instant.

A first league home game is all that matters v Derby watched from a throbbing EASTEND whoever is in a City shirt matters not they are MY CLUB.

Yes you are right.

One promotion. One play off final in two years. Football that is the most exciting I have seen in about 4 seasons. Last minute winners. Genuine heros. Brooker fighting his way back in. Trundle getting leaner and fitter and scoring the kind of goal that even if it never sent us to Wembley would be long, long remembered.

Now look at it. A manager and board that don't want to wave money at end of career wasters or overpaid pisstakers from abroad. A ground that is not pie in the sky. Teams that fear the atmosphere. More kids wearing the red and white than in years. And its NOT Man United or Liverpool. We didn't just hold on last season. We took it to the entire Championship.

And in the wind, the stench of jealousy from the north side of town.

You have a right to be annoyed by all this. Just don't take a walk along your memories as you won't get far. They seem to be a bit short right now.

Remember 'I believe'? The candle? It wasn't just a bloody slogan and a gimmick.

Sorry Unc but at some point you have to lift your head out of the sand. The fact is that memories are short in football. Yes, we`ve had great success under GJ and i truly hope it continues but the way things are at the moment.... show me one single action by the club this summer that signals its ambition for next season. Tell me what it is about the squad that tells you that we are equipped to repeat last seasons performance......or are you living on blind faith too.

PDG

PDG

Can't wait for Sunday/next week when the Meteb situation gets sorted and Mifsud finally signs. That way the doom merchants will have to relent making way for the clear sighted amongst us to revel in GJ and SL's expertise in the transfer market in signing not only one of the Championships best midfielders, but one of the best strikers as well and also one of Africa's best stikers (and biggest grovellers).

And surely signing the three aforementioned players is showing great ambition PDG? Absolutely cannot understand that crazy statement.

And do you think that Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or any club for that matter is anywhere close to finalising their squads yet with 'just' two weeks left? It doesn't look that way to me, so why should we be any different.

I echo the rest of Malone's thoughts as well.

Oh my gawd, we are City wake up now and smell the coffee. The METEB thing has had just about everything written about him, by everyone and anyone apart from those that matter.

News will come soon good or bad matters not a lot in the scheme of things, all we can do is get behind the team.

Ridiculous statement. So you are saying that we should aim low and make sure that the players we go for are so poor that they definitely fall into our wage structure? I'm absoutely sure that this is a classic player and his agent trying to call our bluff scenario. It happens all the time but some spineless clubs give in. We, thankfully, are not like that and will no doubt see the player sign anyway but for the money we are prepared to pay. Ask yourself if you think holding the club to ransom and SL and GJ buckling to his demands is the right way forward.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying aim high and pay the best if you want the best. You tell me why we're bothering going for someone like Mifsud if you offer him 'take it or leave it' terms?

That doesn't even constitute a negotiation in my book and doesn't exactly sell the club to him either. He's a proven Championship striker and considering the way we've bent over backwards during this Meteb saga then we should be able to find a happy medium without issuing him an ultimatum from the off.

I'm fed up with it all because I'm seeing us panicing in the transfer market again, like last summer and in January. We should've had most of these new faces in weeks ago to have time for them to blend in during pre-season, get used to the way we play, get a feel for the club and get settled off the pitch before the season begins to make sure we're in the best possible shape.

I made a comment about putting all our eggs in one basket with Meteb last month and it's true. I long for the day City steel a march and get on with these signings. Steve Coppell said today that you need two strikers who'll score you the best part of 40 goals to succeed in this league and I agree with him but who've we signed so far? A fully fit Gavin Williams who's yet to get off the treatment table!

The bottom line is, 18 points separated the bottom 3 and the top 6 last year and our main weakness was/is up front. I'd have thought we'd have pushed the boat out by now.

Sorry Unc but at some point you have to lift your head out of the sand. The fact is that memories are short in football. Yes, we`ve had great success under GJ and i truly hope it continues but the way things are at the moment.... show me one single action by the club this summer that signals its ambition for next season. Tell me what it is about the squad that tells you that we are equipped to repeat last seasons performance......or are you living on blind faith too.

PDG

Faith and belief are strong friends, Brooker is back and GJ`s is on the case as normal; the 12th man is getting ready to make a difference; we will have more regular fans than for many years and have 3 great home games to kick off with, cant really see to much of a problem;

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying aim high and pay the best if you want the best. You tell me why we're bothering going for someone like Mifsud if you offer him 'take it or leave it' terms?

That doesn't even constitute a negotiation in my book and doesn't exactly sell the club to him either. He's a proven Championship striker and considering the way we've bent over backwards during this Meteb saga then we should be able to find a happy medium without issuing him an ultimatum from the off.

I'm fed up with it all because I'm seeing us panicing in the transfer market again, like last summer and in January. We should've had most of these new faces in weeks ago to have time for them to blend in during pre-season, get used to the way we play, get a feel for the club and get settled off the pitch before the season begins to make sure we're in the best possible shape.

I made a comment about putting all our eggs in one basket with Meteb last month and it's true. I long for the day City steel a march and get on with these signings. Steve Coppell said today that you need two strikers who'll score you the best part of 40 goals to succeed in this league and I agree with him but who've we signed so far? A fully fit Gavin Williams who's yet to get off the treatment table!

The bottom line is, 18 points separated the bottom 3 and the top 6 last year and our main weakness was/is up front. I'd have thought we'd have pushed the boat out by now.

Fools and there money are soon parted;

Myself personally would be happy to make the jump to the prem when we have a ground that could give us a chance, our present ground is to small and cannot generate enough to make any kind of assault on the top flight.

Fools and there money are soon parted;

Myself personally would be happy to make the jump to the prem when we have a ground that could give us a chance, our present ground is to small and cannot generate enough to make any kind of assault on the top flight.

I agree but I'm not talking about the top flight unless you're interpreting my 'pay the best if you want the best' statement as us going in for someone like Torres! :noexpression:

PDG

I agree too, sorry Rog. Things have to happen or we will be left in the wake of clubs with a bit more commitment. I have to say the Pospicil episode is being repeated, i.e. putting all the eggs in one basket. Where are the replacements for Carle, Showumni, Byfield and Vasco plus the signings we already needed, before their departures, to improve last seasons squad. Williams is another cheap gamble that may or may not come off. Time is running out. We deserve a major signing.

The thing that irks me most is that when you speak your mind your loyalty is questioned. Its my passion for this club, that i`ve supported for nearly 40 yrs, my desire to see it succeed, to play at the highest levels that makes me feel the way i feel at the moment. Sick and tired of people saying how its an open forum and we all have the right to speak our minds, yet it seems only if you say the `right thing`.

Facts are facts. Our squad is currently weaker now than when we played at Wembley and we are 2 weeks from the start of what will be a much tougher season than previously. I`m not a doom merchant. I`m not looking for GJ/SL to fail so i can say i told you so. I just don`t understand how we seem to have made a complete no show in the transfer market this summer.

I`m not advocating spending stupid money on wages or fees, however, something has to give way or we are in danger of treading water or even worse sinking back in to League 1.

Now if thats alarmist for some of you, so be it.

Meteb deal looks to be dead in the water, no updates on Mifsud.

So please, GJ/SL pull a couple of those irons out of the fire, do something to show the fans that we are still striving to push upwards and onwards because a lot of good footballers have moved around this summer and as it stands we`ve got one thats unfit whilst making a profit from selling one.

PDG

Guest MaloneFM
Sorry Unc but at some point you have to lift your head out of the sand.

Sand Giffy? (I appreciate you calling me uncle as well) So we didn't get promoted? The play off game didn't happen? I have been on some bloody great big benders in my life but nothing compares with that one then. One thing that shows ambition, lets make this easy then, Johnson went to Euro 08 scouting. Actual names are being thrown about. Sorry thats two isn't it?

If we repeat last seasons barnstorming performance I shall personally eat all my Rothmans, one by one, on the pitch at Wembley after we win. This is not blind faith Giffy, I have rarely seen a team bond like this, play for each other like this or come back from the dead this many times.

Enjoy singing 'we are TOP of the league' again and again? I did.

Sand Giffy? (I appreciate you calling me uncle as well) So we didn't get promoted? The play off game didn't happen? I have been on some bloody great big benders in my life but nothing compares with that one then. One thing that shows ambition, lets make this easy then, Johnson went to Euro 08 scouting. Actual names are being thrown about. Sorry thats two isn't it?

If we repeat last seasons barnstorming performance I shall personally eat all my Rothmans, one by one, on the pitch at Wembley after we win. This is not blind faith Giffy, I have rarely seen a team bond like this, play for each other like this or come back from the dead this many times.

Enjoy singing 'we are TOP of the league' again and again? I did.

Jeeez. Going scouting and throwing names around is a sign of ambition ? Thankyou Rog i need to hear no more.

PDG

The thing that irks me most is that when you speak your mind your loyalty is questioned. Its my passion for this club, that i`ve supported for nearly 40 yrs, my desire to see it succeed, to play at the highest levels that makes me feel the way i feel at the moment. Sick and tired of people saying how its an open forum and we all have the right to speak our minds, yet it seems only if you say the `right thing`.

Facts are facts. Our squad is currently weaker now than when we played at Wembley and we are 2 weeks from the start of what will be a much tougher season than previously. I`m not a doom merchant. I`m not looking for GJ/SL to fail so i can say i told you so. I just don`t understand how we seem to have made a complete no show in the transfer market this summer.

I`m not advocating spending stupid money on wages or fees, however, something has to give way or we are in danger of treading water or even worse sinking back in to League 1.

So please, GJ/SL pull a couple of those irons out of the fire, do something to show the fans that we are still striving to push upwards and onwards because a lot of good footballers have moved around this summer and as it stands we`ve got one thats unfit whilst making a profit from selling one.

PDG

Excellent post PDG. Could not agree more, personally.

It won't have been 'take it or leave it' terms, it would have been lets spend hours negotiating wages and other fees with Mifsud only for him to walk away happy with whats been offered but then get advice from his agent (scumbags the lot of em) who would most probably have said ''City know other teams are interested in you and they have probably lost there only other striker they've signed (Meteb), so lets go back to them for a few more quid, because quite frankly i am an agent and therefore a mercenary who cares about ###### all but the dollar that lands in my back pocket, and they're sure to get scared of losing you and say yes to your new demands''. Therefore City say ''go ###### yourself young man. We had an agreement and that agreement stands. Reconsider your stance and then we'll do the deal''. Agent then leaks it to the press to alert other teams and try to make City back down and people on this forum accuse the club of no ambition. How does that sound?

We did not put all our eggs in one basket. Johnson has clearly stated that he has plates spinning and why wouldn't that still be the case? People on here cry about not hearing anything on the OS, but then completely ignore anyt of the facts that are presented on there anyway. And how the hell could City have known that Meteb was going to get all emotional and play his fairytale 0-0 swansong with Al Ahly, therefore jeapordising the whole deal? We have pushed the boat out, it just appears that some people show an element of naivety when it comes to the innermost workings of football and how agents and players (and clubs, step forward Al Ahly) make the simple player acquisition process extremely difficult and complex. Has Steve Coppell even made any signings himself yet this pre season? I don't think so without checking their website, and they've lost Kitson and Glen Little so far. Hardly the greatest example. And Gavin Williams ahd suffered one bad injury which recurred and kept him outr for a while. Other than that he's not exactly Darren Anderton. He is quality and will prove that next season.

Everybody just needs to stop and realise that the club has done all it can, however the two players we should have signed by now have hardly covered themselves in gllory with their actions now, have they. It's more fun to have a go at the men that have made this club solid, respectable and progressive again though, eh.

I totally agree with this thread.

Happens every season, we get linked to players, sell lots of season tickets, few genuinely exciting transfers materialize.

Absolutely right. I mean, what exactly did last seasons ticket holders get for their money anyway? Oh...

It won't have been 'take it or leave it' terms, it would have been lets spend hours negotiating wages and other fees with Mifsud only for him to walk away happy with whats been offered but then get advice from his agent (scumbags the lot of em) who would most probably have said ''City know other teams are interested in you and they have probably lost there only other striker they've signed (Meteb), so lets go back to them for a few more quid, because quite frankly i am an agent and therefore a mercenary who cares about ###### all but the dollar that lands in my back pocket, and they're sure to get scared of losing you and say yes to your new demands''. Therefore City say ''go ###### yourself young man. We had an agreement and that agreement stands. Reconsider your stance and then we'll do the deal''. Agent then leaks it to the press to alert other teams and try to make City back down and people on this forum accuse the club of no ambition. How does that sound? Fair and very true.

We did not put all our eggs in one basket. Johnson has clearly stated that he has plates spinning and why wouldn't that still be the case? Because the proof is in the pudding Freddy. If we had all these 'spinning plates' then the law of averages says at least one of them would've come off by now. We've lost four players and signed a crock in nearly two months since Wembley.

People on here cry about not hearing anything on the OS, but then completely ignore anyt of the facts that are presented on there anyway. What, like 'more photos of the Portugal tour'? The only fact is that nobody knows what's going on except people inside the club.

And how the hell could City have known that Meteb was going to get all emotional and play his fairytale 0-0 swansong with Al Ahly, therefore jeapordising the whole deal? They couldn't but considering the way the Egyptian's have continuously shifted the goalposts in this deal it didn't surprise me one bit that they pulled another fast one.

We have pushed the boat out, it just appears that some people show an element of naivety when it comes to the innermost workings of football and how agents and players (and clubs, step forward Al Ahly) make the simple player acquisition process extremely difficult and complex. Has Steve Coppell even made any signings himself yet this pre season? I don't think so without checking their website, and they've lost Kitson and Glen Little so far. Hardly the greatest example. Yes he has. He paid £500k for highly rated Irish striker Noel Hunt this week and already has a squad full of proven quality at this level.

And Gavin Williams ahd suffered one bad injury which recurred and kept him outr for a while. Other than that he's not exactly Darren Anderton. He is quality and will prove that next season. Not technically true but I hope you're right.

Everybody just needs to stop and realise that the club has done all it can, however the two players we should have signed by now have hardly covered themselves in gllory with their actions now, have they. It's more fun to have a go at the men that have made this club solid, respectable and progressive again though, eh. I'm not having a go at anyone. You asked for my reasons as to why I'm fed up with it and I've answered your question the best way I could. You don't have to agree with it but that's the way I feel about it and I dare say I ain't the only one in that boat.

Btw, presuming you're talking about Meteb and Mifsud being the two players not to 'cover themselves in glory' but what's Mifsud done wrong then?

:dunno:

PDG

No one is questioning your loyalty really. We're just trying to offer a different opinion to the views you currently have, and currently they do seem alarmist. The same way i think you are worrying about something you shouldn't, you probably think i have blinkers on. To each their own......but there has to be a sense of realism as well.

Things do not happen overnight in this business, after all it would appear from the press releases that the Meteb deal has been ongoing for months. In which case nobody can really accuse GJ or SL of resting on their laurels and whilst the fact that the squad is weaker i'd bet all the tea in China and my cupboard that we will be celebrating Mifsud and most importantly, an embarrassed Meteb's arrival at the club next week.

As i've said, people need to relax and trust in the hard work that is no doubt being done behind the scenes. We will not be left behind with signings.........too many plates spinning for that to happen!

I won't split hairs on some of your response, else we'll be here all night and i already have a sour looking girlfriend sat next to me!!

So Tin, do you agree that the facts are there for all to see that City have done all they can to land players, and that only exceptional circumstances and greed have stood in the way of two of these players turning out for the club this weekend and therefore in the process demonstrating that the club are serious about our Premier League assault next season and that the club haven't let time stand still whilst every other club goes transfer crazy with every other clubs rejects (possibly Birmingham apart from that last comment).

As for Mifsud not covering himself in glory, am i the only person left on earth who thinks it's wrong for 'professional' people to conduct themselves in this way? After all, would you turn up for a job interview where they were keen to employ you, land the job after agreeing a salary, then phone them up the next day and say ''i've had a change of heart. That salary just doesn't appeal to me today as much as it did yesterday, so either you increase the salary or i'm going to work for somebody else. Cheers''? You might, but i doubt it. Therefore i think he has made himself look like a greedy b'stard and hence my comment towards him.

PDG

Totally agree.We have achieved so much under GJ but the performance to date in the transfer market has been nothing short of a farce.What I cannot understand is we are told of 2 or 3 targets but nothing materialises all we have is the Egyptian fiasco.All I know in most walks of life and particularly in football is that standing still equates to going backwards.Without quick and decisive action we are taking a very big risk.And then we blow the Mifsud signing it just goes on and on.

Archived