IGNORED

Boycott Blackpool For The Sake Of Football

raefil

This is a cry for all fans of football to boycott the ever increasing rise in ticket prices and in particular Blackpool. This is not just a Preston North End issue, but an issue for football across the country.

Blackpool FC were charging fans away £30.00 for the chance to sit in a wooden temporary stand, with no roof and the worst facilities in league football, (a block of porta cabin toilets and a burger van). After pressure from the fans of Championship they have reduced the price to £26, still a £9 price hike for no change in facilities.

This call is specifically targeted to all Coca Cola Championship Clubs and their fans to boycott travelling to Bloomfield Road, by doing so Blackpool will realise that their ticketing structure is scandalous and will leave them no option but to reduce their ticket prices.

This is an issue that affects football as a whole, especially in the wake of a credit crunch. Where will the prices stop? £30.00?, £40.00?, £50.00? More?

If they are seen to get away with this it will be very quickly followed by virtually every club in the league doing this. They see the away support of any club as their hardcore. They know and understand their passion and loyalty, however they don`t respect that passion and loyalty one bit. They see it as a fat cow, a guaranteed little earner.

This is an obscene rip off by Blackpool FC, they are offering no value for money for their fans but especially away fans who have the poorest facilities.

By boycotting Bloomfield you are not considered any less of a fan, you are merely having your voice heard in an era of ever increasing ticket prices and little value for money.

This isn't just an issue raised by away fans visiting Bloomfield Road, it is also an issue many home fans are unhappy with.

Boycott Blackpool! For their chairman to see an empty away section week after week and the loss of what could be £90,000 every home game, should really hit home that they have made a monumental mistake.

Football fans seem to be treated with contempt by clubs, chairmen, and stewards and fans just allow themselves to be rolled over. Its time for the fans to make a stand, together we can have a voice and reduce prices to watch our sport.

I'm going to Blackpool, not to support Blackpool or punish Blackpool. I am going to support my football team in the opening game of the season.

I am sure Blackpool have moved there prices not to rip off fans but to balance the books. Its players who are to blame not Blackpool or Prestons fault.

This is a cry for all fans of football to boycott the ever increasing rise in ticket prices and in particular Blackpool. This is not just a Preston North End issue, but an issue for football across the country.

Blackpool FC were charging fans away £30.00 for the chance to sit in a wooden temporary stand, with no roof and the worst facilities in league football, (a block of porta cabin toilets and a burger van). After pressure from the fans of Championship they have reduced the price to £26, still a £9 price hike for no change in facilities.

This call is specifically targeted to all Coca Cola Championship Clubs and their fans to boycott travelling to Bloomfield Road, by doing so Blackpool will realise that their ticketing structure is scandalous and will leave them no option but to reduce their ticket prices.

This is an issue that affects football as a whole, especially in the wake of a credit crunch. Where will the prices stop? £30.00?, £40.00?, £50.00? More?

If they are seen to get away with this it will be very quickly followed by virtually every club in the league doing this. They see the away support of any club as their hardcore. They know and understand their passion and loyalty, however they don`t respect that passion and loyalty one bit. They see it as a fat cow, a guaranteed little earner.

This is an obscene rip off by Blackpool FC, they are offering no value for money for their fans but especially away fans who have the poorest facilities.

By boycotting Bloomfield you are not considered any less of a fan, you are merely having your voice heard in an era of ever increasing ticket prices and little value for money.

This isn't just an issue raised by away fans visiting Bloomfield Road, it is also an issue many home fans are unhappy with.

Boycott Blackpool! For their chairman to see an empty away section week after week and the loss of what could be £90,000 every home game, should really hit home that they have made a monumental mistake.

Football fans seem to be treated with contempt by clubs, chairmen, and stewards and fans just allow themselves to be rolled over. Its time for the fans to make a stand, together we can have a voice and reduce prices to watch our sport.

ok so we boycott the game at blackpool now tell me how do you think are team will fill about this after all we go their to sapport them just aswell not bother with any away game then :protest:

One suggestion, on another fans forum, was for all those who intended to go to travel anyway without tickets. All congregate outside the ground and the only thing the police can do to keep everyone together is to put them in the ground.

Guest MaloneFM
One suggestion, on another fans forum, was for all those who intended to go to travel anyway without tickets. All congregate outside the ground and the only thing the police can do to keep everyone together is to put them in the ground.

Oh bless you child! So very young. So very pert.

Mr plod is well dispersed to well, disperse. The Crminal Justice Act scuppers a lot of things viz a viz football grounds and I quote:

Sections 68-71 create a new offence of "aggravated trespass". This means that peaceful demonstrations such as those seen at Man City, QPR, Spurs, West Ham etc are now criminal acts, and the police have the right to arrest everyone taking part.

In fact, you could be arrested even if you're nowhere near the ground - all the police need is "reasonable suspicion" that you intend to go! Often protests are the only means left for loyal fans to voice their passionate concern about what's happening at their club. Removing this right of peaceful protest will deprive law-abiding fans of their say in the running of their club - and it is you, the fans, who pay the wages!

Or they may just give you a clout around the head and tell you to bugger off. Hello West Midlands Constabulary!

Nice to be called young at 53 :laugh:. Apathy on this subject isnt really an option, even your own club is moving down road. Charge your own fans an extra 20 quid a season for membership???? Oh yes that means you can charge away fans an extra £2.00 per game. Its not that long ago that I was really impressed with the way your fans campaigned against Preston for doing the very same thing but here we are less than 12 months later and the league have changed the rules to allow it to happen.

Who will it affect the most? Your clubs most loyal supporters, the ones with blind faith in their teams, the ones who travel away religiously week in week out. The clubs know of the love for your team, they know of your passion but they don't respect it one bit. NO!! They see you all as easy meat, a guaranteed income.

This will spread like wildfire and its the most passionate in our game that will be the ones most affected. Fans need to make a stand and say enough is enough.

Guest MaloneFM

No odds Rafey. You have only got on six posts and are a newbie.

That gives us old buggers the rights to ruffle your (probably thinning) hair, give you a tanner and tell you to bugger off up your own end to play.

I was trying to bring up my first few posts for you to see, for some reason I cant get that to work. You will see that I am a Preston fan coming in peace. I happen to be passionate about the rights of football supporters, i don't see this as a paochial issue but a national issue, one that we darent hide away from. It will affect us all.

Having said that, of course people have the right to disagree but my aim is to start a national debate about this issue. If I succeed in this then I believe that we can all make a difference.

I thank you all once again for reading what I have to say and thank all those who have emailed with their support for what is rapidly becoming a national campaign.

I was trying to bring up my first few posts for you to see, for some reason I cant get that to work. You will see that I am a Preston fan coming in peace. I happen to be passionate about the rights of football supporters, i don't see this as a paochial issue but a national issue, one that we darent hide away from. It will affect us all.

Having said that, of course people have the right to disagree but my aim is to start a national debate about this issue. If I succeed in this then I believe that we can all make a difference.

I thank you all once again for reading what I have to say and thank all those who have emailed with their support for what is rapidly becoming a national campaign.

For someone who is passionate about the rights of football fans, do I guess that you didn't attend deepdale until christmas last season.

So I take it that you were happy enough to watch PNE fleecing away fans then? At least Blackpool fans have to pay similar price at Gloomfield Rd than the away fans.

Fair point.

What would football fans rather do - pay a couple of quid extra to support their team or watch another club go out of business??? I would suggest they may have set their prices to keep the club afloat financially. We all remember 1982, I don't see another club and its fans go through that..

I'll sign the petition. bring it on. I am definately now NOT coming 5000 miles to watch this fixture. they can stuff it up their tangerine knickers.

p.s. apologies if this causes offence to anybody who wears orange underwear but i needed to get my point across in a firm, supportive and elasticated way.

So I take it that you were happy enough to watch PNE fleecing away fans then? At least Blackpool fans have to pay similar price at Gloomfield Rd than the away fans.

No, I actually joined in your fight against PNE when they tried to implement this. I was very impreesed with the way your fans went about this. They won because it was against football league regulations. the league have now changed those regulations to all ow clubs to do it. Hence why Blackpool have brought in their membership scheme and now your own club has aswell. You will pay £4.00 more than the blackpool fans. by the way

Yes, they changed the rule this pre season

That is quite incredible.

While Platini is trying to make one rule for football and one for everyone else in the EU I am taken aback this has been pushed through without as much as a whimper from the powers that be in Brussels.

English Football stadiums have to be the only venue in the western world where such a ruling can be adopted. It WILL cause problems. There will be plenty of people who will simply rock up on pay on the day or even ticket in advance matches and sit with the home fans. What a pathetic rule by the Football League. :disapointed2se:

That is quite incredible.

While Platini is trying to make one rule for football and one for everyone else in the EU I am taken aback this has been pushed through without as much as a whimper from the powers that be in Brussels.

English Football stadiums have to be the only venue in the western world where such a ruling can be adopted. It WILL cause problems. There will be plenty of people who will simply rock up on pay on the day or even ticket in advance matches and sit with the home fans. What a pathetic rule by the Football League. :disapointed2se:

Hate to say this but your own club has now adopted this membership scheme, meaning that away supporters will pay £".00 more than City fans for comparative facilities.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/Membership/0,,10327,00.html

No, I actually joined in your fight against PNE when they tried to implement this. I was very impreesed with the way your fans went about this. They won because it was against football league regulations. the league have now changed those regulations to all ow clubs to do it. Hence why Blackpool have brought in their membership scheme and now your own club has aswell. You will pay £4.00 more than the blackpool fans. by the way

You keep qouting this £30. I on Wednesday purchased my Blackpool ticket for £26,

We have brought our membership scheme in to enable our fans that go to most games to get a better priority on tickets as we now only have 3000 tickets available on match days for non season ticket holders. Not to fleece fans of there cash as you believe. The £20 fee imposed on these cards are for admin costs and I believe the club is actually losing money on them over the short term. Only overtime will the cards become cost effective because of the reduced amount of tickets that the club will issue.

I think Blackpool F.C are taking advantage of their geographic location. If they were in the middle of nowhere, they would be forced to charge normal prices, but they have cottoned on to the fact that Blackpool (the town) is a fantastic overnight location and that supposters of all clubs will make a weekend of it , pretty much whatever the price. How many of our fans will be going to Blackpool just because of it's location and how many would be going to Burnley or Barnsley , for example if it was on the opening day.

Hate to say this but your own club has now adopted this membership scheme, meaning that away supporters will pay £".00 more than City fans for comparative facilities.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/Membership/0,,10327,00.html

I am arguing from a football point of view not a partisan one. The rule should not be there in the first place.

However, the membership scheme is not quite the same thing; this rewards loyalty. There will probably be pay on the day prices which will, or at least should, be the same price for away fans

re ythe above and your last sentence specifically - think some of the sentiments are correct, but your missing the root cause entirely.

ticket prices are high and getting higher because vast majority of money in football goes into the players pockets.

in 1992 when Sky got into football they inflated the football economy with millions, and that trend has continted to this day without sign of abating.

that money could have gone into grass routes and youth development, and we could have won a world cup

that money could have gone back to the fans in the form of new, bigger cleaner stadia - and affordable tickets

or that money could have gone into the pockets of a few thousands young often stupid men, for doing the same job they were doing years earlier just as well.

it was the latter of course - and whilst you can blame the chairmen for paying the wages and giving into agent demand, its OUR FAULT for not DEMANDING it stops!!! we have reserve team players earning £200k a year for gawd's sake -how is that right?

if we lose the Mifsud deal because we couldnt afford his wages - for me that's a GOOD THING. as chairmen faced with a fanbase screaming "sign us a striker!!" in 1000s of form posts must be a pretty intimidating thought, and it would be easy to cave in. Which both risks our financial future, and pumps a little more money into the collective football league wage bill- which is behind the price you'll pay at Blackpool.

Archived