IGNORED

Managers Nightmare....

awilko

....preseason

What with trying to sign players, trying to keep players, trying to train players and trying to keep fans happy, must be a nightmare.

Take this week for example, talks with metab no doubt at the start of the week, obviously had a meeting with Mifsud and a trip to Austria inbetween, then on top of this trying to get his team ready for 2 games in 2 days then when thats over..the open day!!!!!

And some fans are still moaning about him!!!!!!

....preseason

What with trying to sign players, trying to keep players, trying to train players and trying to keep fans happy, must be a nightmare.

Take this week for example, talks with metab no doubt at the start of the week, obviously had a meeting with Mifsud and a trip to Austria inbetween, then on top of this trying to get his team ready for 2 games in 2 days then when thats over..the open day!!!!!

So why do some managers seem to just sail through it, ie, Paul Jewell. He identified who he wanted early and got them. A team to watch out for next season unfortunately.

So why do some managers seem to just sail through it, ie, Paul Jewell. He identified who he wanted early and got them. A team to watch out for next season unfortunately.

Because there season was finished along time before ours was!!!!!!

....preseason

That's why they are paid a lot more than you and me.

That's why they are paid a lot more than you and me.

Damn right they are (lucky sods!!) I'm not feeling sorry for them/him just thinking alot of the time this is why there is delays in half of the signings made

Damn right they are (lucky sods!!) I'm not feeling sorry for them/him just thinking alot of the time this is why there is delays in half of the signings made

Anyone got any idea what sort of salary GJ is on??? He's worth whatever he asks for as far as I am concerned, but am just interested if anyone had any rough idea?? 100k a year??? :dunno:

Anyone got any idea what sort of salary GJ is on??? He's worth whatever he asks for as far as I am concerned, but am just interested if anyone had any rough idea?? 100k a year??? :dunno:

IIRC Danny Wilson was reportedly on 4k per week, seems a bit much to me but he was a top manager at the time.

GJ couldn't have been on much at the villagers, I would guess you are about right in your estimate possibly a little more (2.5k per week)

BCAGFC

IIRC Danny Wilson was reportedly on 4k per week, seems a bit much to me but he was a top manager at the time.

GJ couldn't have been on much at the villagers, I would guess you are about right in your estimate possibly a little more (2.5k per week)

BCAGFC

I would be shocked if he was on £100k or thereabouts. I would imagine that a Manager with his reputation would be on more than that.

BCAGFC

I'd be very surprised if we prised GJ away from Yeovil for less than we were paying Danny Wilson, and didn't GJ sign an improved contract last year as well?

....preseason

if he had got the players in prior to pre-season then he would have less to do now.

either way, regardless of who the manager is I don't feel sorry for them, they get paid a extremely large amount of money for what they do and nobody has forced them into their profession.

Guest MaloneFM

And should Boothroyd get sacked or someone from another club within driving distance suddenly there is a rush of 'Don't leave us magic Johnson' guilt.

Odd is one suitable word.

Archived