IGNORED

Hit The Ground Running?

SimplyRed

BH you have clearly not been paying attention if you believe nothing has happened - nothing has been finalised but a hell of a lot has happened - patience seems to be a virtue you do not possess.

Oh my gawd I agree with you; it will come to those who wait; if it dosent, tough our boys will give it some and some more; we are the boys from the west country (or Singers)

BH you have clearly not been paying attention if you believe nothing has happened - nothing has been finalised but a hell of a lot has happened - patience seems to be a virtue you do not possess.

You on the payroll by any chance? Club seems to be blowing enough smoke up our collective arses at the moment without people with blind allegiances joining in!!

2 weeks to kick off and we've signed a crock!! No disrespect Gavin, but where are ya?

We've told Vasko,Russell,Enoch and Byfield to go without replacing any of 'em and flogged Carle just as many of us thought he was finally coming good.

Don't invest too much hope iin the young 'uns,GJ doesn't have a track record of blooding nippers.

Even if we signed £6m worth this week, they've missed 2/3 of pre-season, including the team-building tour abroad.

You're welcome to your half full, I'm bloody concerned.

Even if we signed £6m worth this week, they've missed 2/3 of pre-season, including the team-building tour abroad.

You're welcome to your half full, I'm bloody concerned.

So even if we make signings it's now not good enough.

I suppose you want every deal done before pre season starts...You know what, i'm sure GJ does too!

I'll enjoy my half full glass,you enjoy your empty one.

So even if we make signings it's now not good enough.

I suppose you want every deal done before pre season starts...You know what, i'm sure GJ does too!

I'll enjoy my half full glass,you enjoy your empty one.

No I'm not saying that and you know it!! What I'm saying is many talk about Derby/Wolves/Qpr bedding in their myriad new signings,and we may now find ourselves in the same boat .I've posted elsewhere I'd be delighted vs Antwerp if we had 3 new players on display raising everyones spirits and increasing the quality in our good but threadbare squad.

Are you then saying you are happy if we make no additional signings?!

No I'm not saying that and you know it!! What I'm saying is many talk about Derby/Wolves/Qpr bedding in their myriad new signings,and we may now find ourselves in the same boat.I've posted elsewhereI'd be delighted vs Anrwerp if we had 3 new players on disply raising everyones spirits and increasing the quality in our good but threadbare squad.

Are you then saying you are happy if we make no additional signings?!

I'd be incredibly concerned if we didn't make any new signings..but i believe we will. That's the difference. I also have faith in the current squad so i'm not horrendously scared of the prospect of starting the season with them fully fit and firing. We obviously need more depth as Gary says, but we have plenty of time for that.

When Gary says "trust me", i do. Why wouldn't I? On the basis of 2 months lack of transfer activity? Or would i see the 2 and a half years of positivity that has come out from GJ's stewardship of our club. We're obviously making efforts to sign players, some of them will come off.

If we've signed no-one and we've played four and got 1-2 points, then's the time to panic about not having signings. Not 2 weeks away from the season, not over a month away from the end of the window. Just don't see the point now. It's obviously better to get signings as early as possible..but it's nowhere near too late yet.

I'm a little more cynical in my old age and do not rely on blind faith to bring success.

Whoa there tiger!

This for me is where your argument let's you down.

The faith in Gary Johnson is based on his outstanding success.

There is absolutely no 'blind faith', or even benefit of the doubt.

Gary Johnson is a winner by nature and will do everything in his power to succeed, with the resources available to him. He will make mistakes, but less than most managers do.

Archived