IGNORED

Ben Watson

Tim S

I'm not sure if Palace have sold him yet or not - I know QPR were sniffing around for Ben Watson, but if he hasnt moved anywhere yet, then I seriously think that other than the striker issue - we could do with bolstering up our midfield and Ben Watson would be a perfect addition.

The word is that £2million is the amount that might do it - is that too much do you think? Would we even splash that kind of cash???? I doubt it!

But it would be nice to see us try and aquire a player of Watson's quality.

Reports suggest QPR have had an £800k bid knocked back. If so they are taking the pish considering.

Well if Nick Carle is worth £1million then surely we should put in a bid of around the same for Watson, maybe even just over - surely if we can gamble £1.5million on Meteb (even though it seems its not happening now) then surely £1.2million or something like that would be a good deal for a player of Watsons quality.

However, despite QPR's interest - there were also rumors that a couple of premier league clubs were looking at him too - so my guess is that if they come calling then Watson would choose Premier over Championship any day.... although he seems a player who has his head screwed on so maybe he would make the right choice if we were in the mix too!!! (Just don't let him take any penalties!)

Bigger clubs with a bigger wage structure after him means we'd be wasting our time trying to get him IMO

Maybe you might be right.... but at the same time - we will never know if we try!

For example - wouldnt it be annoying if we didnt put in a bid just cos we thought we "werent a big enough club" and then someone like Barnsley or Forest snap him up. I know Forest were a big club once upon a time.... but right now they are no bigger than us in terms of financial position or potential.

I think we should at least put in a bid. Remember, some players don't just come to Bristol City for the big money - they come for other things too, such as: The fans, the potential, the City of Bristol, Gary Johnson to name a few.

Forest can pay Earnshaw and Cole..i think they're willing to spend more than us on wages. And i was more referring to Birmingham and QPR with their money on this particular deal.

But on a general point, i don't think we'll pay anywhere near the top wages in this division.

Birmingham

Cardiff

Charlton

Coventry

Crystal Palace

Derby

Ipswich

Nottm Forest

QPR

Reading

Sheff Utd

Watford

Wolverhampton

I think they all would pay more than us whether or not they can afford to. We're steadily increasing our wage structure. Some people do want us to make a big leap which i think considering our boards thinking is unrealistic. Yeah we have the money to (well SL does) but we certainly don't have the desire to make that wage step up, even if we will match transfer fees.

Forest can pay Earnshaw and Cole..i think they're willing to spend more than us on wages. And i was more referring to Birmingham and QPR with their money on this particular deal.

But on a general point, i don't think we'll pay anywhere near the top wages in this division.

Birmingham

Cardiff

Charlton

Coventry

Crystal Palace

Derby

Ipswich

Nottm Forest

QPR

Reading

Sheff Utd

Watford

Wolverhampton

I think they all would pay more than us whether or not they can afford to. We're steadily increasing our wage structure. Some people do want us to make a big leap which i think considering our boards thinking is unrealistic. Yeah we have the money to (well SL does) but we certainly don't have the desire to make that wage step up, even if we will match transfer fees.

Watford can come off that list. Rumours of big problems there, read somewhere that they're 6-1 to go down now, and the bookies rarely get stuff like that wrong.

I'm off to cricket now, please let there be some good news on here when I get back!

Watford can come off that list. Rumours of big problems there, read somewhere that they're 6-1 to go down now, and the bookies rarely get stuff like that wrong.

I'm off to cricket now, please let there be some good news on here when I get back!

Good news to come back to.

Woodsy26 scores century off only 60 balls, then goes on to take 6-30 in their innings.

Will that do you?

Archived