IGNORED

Meteb

Red to the world

I know many of you will have hit the ignore button at sight of my post but having read the countless

posts, I thought it might be time to comment.

I spent two years working in Cairo in the nineties and we all have to realise that this is a significantly different culture. Their world is mis trust and barter.

You get a taxi and ask how much to place X - you get a price - when you get there it is 50% higher

- you either pay or risk a knife in your ribs. That is their way. Your word is worth nothing. Promises

are made to be broken.

If you use a public loo in their country you pay for your toilet paper before you go in - not important if you just want a pee - you pay it anyway. If you don't then watch your back.

There is no trust, no respect just abject poverty just about everywhere.

I have driven in many countries and this country is a nightmare. The police and traffic signals

are just ignored - any rule in Egypt is made to be utterley ignored.

Contracts ( my field when I worked there ) are a waste of time and paper - they think them a western aberration not in line with their religious thinking.

I would say to any non Egyptian manager - stay away from their players.

This is not a racist or patriotic stance just a reflection on years in the country - they are what they are and if you have not lived there you cannot comprehend the vast differences.

No joke - you can sell your wife or your child in the rural areas if you so wish.

Best out of it I think - I hope we do not sign him - would be a lot of aggro.

Mods may choose to delete this post quite soon but it is all factual - go there for two years

and find out for yourselves.

I know many of you will have hit the ignore button at sight of my post but having read the countless

I spent two years working in Cairo in the nineties and we all have to realise that this is a significantly different culture. Their world is mis trust and barter.

You get a taxi and ask how much to place X - you get a price - when you get there it is 50% higher

- you either pay or risk a knife in your ribs. That is their way. Your word is worth nothing. Promises

are made to be broken.

If you use a public loo in their country you pay for your toilet paper before you go in - not important if you just want a pee - you pay it anyway. If you don't then watch your back.

I have driven in many countries and this country is a nightmare. The police and traffic signals

Contracts ( my field when I worked there ) are a waste of time and paper - they think them a western aberration not in line with their religious thinking.

This is not a racist or patriotic stance just a reflection on years in the country - they are what they are and if you have not lived there you cannot comprehend the vast differences.

No joke - you can sell your wife or your child in the rural areas if you so wish.

Mods may choose to delete this post quite soon but it is all factual - go there for two years

Go there for two years to find out for myself if Meteb isnt worth signing? I'm city through and through, but not THAT dedicated!

You make some very interesting remarks.

It is indeed somewhat of a cultural thing that spreads across the Middle East, Levant and North Africa. Some places worse than others and Egypt definately near the top of that league. There are a lot of Egyptian middle ranking managers in Qatar, for example, usually below their Lebanese bretheren in the pecking order. Most projects without western management are low quality and low grade and way behind schedule everytime. We have direct experience of that.

Egypt is a developing country and this reflects on the poor classes, who are desperate to make a living.

But what you say is a ridiculous exaggeration, i have know scores of expats and westerners who loved every minute of Egypt and stayed for a longer time than you have.

As we speak right now, there are 20,000 Brits in Egypt and i don't think they would have stayed if it was the war zone you just described.

People selling wives and children in rural areas? I am too amused to be offended :D

What an idiot.

are made to be broken.

OK, go and live in parts in London where you cant go out after 10, where british gas will not insure your house, and DHL will not deliver your letters. get a quote from builders and see the difference, not 50% but hundreds.

then go to spain and say don't sign any english player

in egypt someone cant find anything to eat and will still laugh and make jokes...

OK, go and live in parts in London where you cant go out after 10, where british gas will not insure your house, and DHL will not deliver your letters. get a quote from builders and see the difference, not 50% but hundreds.

then go to spain and say don't sign any english player

in egypt someone cant find anything to eat and will still laugh and make jokes...

As I've always said these clowns are all signed up with "Loony Tunes", and as MD, Simon Cowell would still **** every single one of them off!

are made to be broken.

That's right to a certain extent. I,too, have had commercial dealing with Egyptian companies and they can be protracted and difficult. Any perceived weakness will be exploited to the nth degree.

On the other hand once negotiations have been finally concluded all may be well: but it does take time.

As I've always said these clowns are all signed up with "Loony Tunes", and as MD, Simon Cowell would still **** every single one of them off!

i am not going to argue with someone like you then i will be a clown, my idea is there is good and bad people in every country, and having bad experience doesn't mean everyone is bad, Meteb is just a player who did a mistake and apologized (and many players did worse and didnt say a word), and for certain there is many bad egyptians starting from top, but i can assure everyone most people there are friendly

and i am not egyptian and never been to egypt, i had many friends of them here

i lived in bristol for many years and been supporting city for long time...

Archived