IGNORED

Moteab Playing Today V Zamalek, Take 2

simon uk

Hi people, potentially we may get the final answer on this today - if he plays the deal will be off. Does anyone have any answer on whether emad is due to play? What time is kick off?

I personally think he will have a "slight hamstring strain" and wont make it.

Si.

Hi people, potentially we may get the final answer on this today - if he plays the deal will be off. Does anyone have any answer on whether emad is due to play? What time is kick off?

Si.

I cant see him playing to be honest if he still really does want to come to us then I'm sure his agent has told him if you ply the deall will be off once and for all.

I personally don't think emad was at fault for the firts game however if he played again tonight we should deffinetly move on to other targets IMO

I cant see him playing to be honest if he still really does want to come to us then I'm sure his agent has told him if you ply the deall will be off once and for all.

I personally don't think emad was at fault for the firts game however if he played again tonight we should deffinetly move on to other targets IMO

GJ said that Meteb felt railroaded into playing the game by Ahly and his agent as he didn't want to play in the game. Therefore Johnson saw his agent as an issue and that the player has no backbone to say NO and would thinks he would/will struggle to settle in an new culture and life.

Si.

he is not playing today...but i don't think he will be coming here

So can you please tell us why he is not playing? Is he injured or perhaps is there still a chance that he maybe leaving Eygpt?

He is not playing because he has not trained with the team ever since last game. He can't play on merit alone, there are other strikers who have trained long and hard last week and should play tonight. But i expect he will travelling with the team to Ivory Coast to play a fixture there in the African Cup and then come back to Cairo to play against A.S. Roma where i hope he will score.

He is not injured, and i don't think he will be going to BCFC as per GJ's words.

He is not playing because he has not trained with the team ever since last game. He can't play on merit alone, there are other strikers who have trained long and hard last week and should play tonight. But i expect he will travelling with the team to Ivory Coast to play a fixture there in the African Cup and then come back to Cairo to play against A.S. Roma where i hope he will score.

He is not injured, and i don't think he will be going to BCFC as per GJ's words.

Gary Johnson has at no point said Meteb will not be coming to City.

glad it is all over.......time for all to move on....

The Player only has himself to blame, I've no doubt he was pressured into playing, but if he couldn't say NO........then it's better he dosesn't end up in a English Football.......no doubt though the player is likely to regret this for the rest of his career/life, as I'd be unsure how many other European Clubs will be too interested in the future.

Meteb isent coming to City

Yep, as confirmed by SL. I was initially pretty PO'd that this was going to fall through, but after reading SLs quotes, I am glad that they didnt spend that money if they werent 100% sure about him. I seem to recall seeing one of GJs quotes on here recently saying that 2 were lined up, and one (not mifsud, I think) had everyone really excited. Firstly, hopefully we get the formal confirmation of Mifsud tomorrow, then I cant wait to see who striker number 2 is coming from Europe. Derdayok, the swiss striker just crossed my mind, that would be nice! But some one young fast and strong would be marvellous. I think it will be someone we have never heard of.

:englandsmile4wf: he isnt comming???? why on earth hasnt someone told me, ive had his name put on my shirt now, ive been on here all week and not even seen it mentioned that he wasnt comming, thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

That's a very good point. A person who doesn't read the papers or read forums and only relies on the official site could be forgiven for not realising the deal is actually off! Poor comms from BCFC on that one.

Archived