IGNORED

Mateb Deal Is Off, Mifsud To Sign

just had a text from mate at the Q&A (cheers ferny), SL confirmed the mateb deal is off and that mifsud will sign tomorrow morning.

its what everyone expected, but now seems to have been confirmed.

also maynard is a no go after offer was rejected.

EDIT: also not the guy from austria, wouldnt confirm the 2nd striker but there is someone

the bid for maynard was well over 1.5 million apparently.

now the mateb deal is dead, maybe SL/GJ will be prepared to up there offer?

i agree, mifsud not such an exciting prospect but lets judge him after 10 or so games

AT BLOODY LAST!!! Confirmation either way! Maybe this forum can start resembling something other than an Emad Meteb discussion group! :fingerscrossed:

I'm a little disappointed at this stage that it's another striker we're looking to sign instead of a right winger. I don't see McIndoe carrying the balance of the team for a second season running - it's not fair on him. I think Trundle has shown promise of adapting to us and the league, Dele got the best out of Mifsud and Brooker, if fit, is class. Add JMW and possibly Plummer into the mix and we do have cover up front, as opposed to on the right where we have no-one who's shown anything. Murray may get a chance, but I think his contract was more for team morale than for a whole season in the first XI.

But who knows. All I know is that regardless of who we do or don't sign....I CAN'T BLEEDING WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!

Guest MaloneFM
Its on the OS now - said the other striker is from Europe.

Joey Tempest? A week to go it must be 'the final countdown' then...eh...eh?

EDIT: also not the guy from austria, wouldnt confirm the 2nd striker but there is someone

Its on the OS now - said the other striker is from Europe.

Umm, how does this say it isn't the guy from Austria? If Austria's in Europe...unless Steve said "but not that guy, what people have been posting videos about on the forum", I'm not saying he didn't......I just see it as unlikely

Umm, how does this say it isn't the guy from Austria? If Austria's in Europe...unless Steve said "but not that guy, what people have been posting videos about on the forum", I'm not saying he didn't......I just see it as unlikely

He said people had been asking him about the Austrian striker but he had never heard of him. Someone from Europe, not revealed, but he couldn't pronounce his name anyway!

AT BLOODY LAST!!! Confirmation either way! Maybe this forum can start resembling something other than an Emad Meteb discussion group! :fingerscrossed:

I'm a little disappointed at this stage that it's another striker we're looking to sign instead of a right winger. I don't see McIndoe carrying the balance of the team for a second season running - it's not fair on him. I think Trundle has shown promise of adapting to us and the league, Dele got the best out of Mifsud and Brooker, if fit, is class. Add JMW and possibly Plummer into the mix and we do have cover up front, as opposed to on the right where we have no-one who's shown anything. Murray may get a chance, but I think his contract was more for team morale than for a whole season in the first XI.

But who knows. All I know is that regardless of who we do or don't sign....I CAN'T BLEEDING WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!

I agree 100%. I just hope Sproule gets his finger out this season & give us a 2 flank attack. Ivan has the potential to terrorise this league but lacks confidance.

Archived