IGNORED

Disappointed With Mifsud?

Bristol Boy

I can' think why.

Mifsud's proven at CCC Level and an International-OK, it's Malta, but Egypt are hardly giants in World Football.

Roughly translated as "I know nothing about African football".

Egypt have won the last 2 African Nations Cups and have won the tournament more times than any other country.

They are currently ranked 24th in the world, higher than Sweden, Nigeria, USA, Poland and Denmark amongst others.

By comparison Malta have won only 1 competitive fixture since 1993. But, you know, it's Europe so you've heard of it.

Roughly translated as "I know nothing about African football".

Egypt have won the last 2 African Nations Cups and have won the tournament more times than any other country.

They are currently ranked 24th in the world, higher than Sweden, Nigeria, USA, Poland and Denmark amongst others.

By comparison Malta have won only 1 competitive fixture since 1993. But, you know, it's Europe so you've heard of it.

How have Egypt got on at the world cup...oh dear...how has Africa? And i think more people will have "heard of" Egypt..than Malta in a footballing context, whatever point you're trying to make there. And world rankings in football..yeah they mean lots!

I think anyone disappointed by Mifsud, are the same people who would have been disappointed we didn't sign Fowler last year, who would have been disappointed when we got GJ, who would have been disappointed that GJ got rid of Stewart etc. The ones who unless we spend huge amounts on people they've heard of, complain about the lack of ambition.

Archived