IGNORED

For The Benefit Of Those Of Us Who Havent Seen The Plans

Crackers Corner

There is no other stadium like it, that was the point that Mr Lansdown clearly made, we (the fans) didn't want a bowl type stadium, so they have have designed something that is neither a bowl or a four stand stadium :noexpression:

The best way I can explain it is..........

One side has 3 tiers.

The otherside had 2 tiers (same height roof).

One end had 2 or 3 tiers (same height roof).

And the other end was 2 tiered with a lower roof.

The lower tier would be like a bowl type design, so that all four stands are joined but then everything kind of went it's own way.

Tha capacity would be 30000 with the capacity raising to 42000, by being able to build on the end with the lower roof (which apparently would be easy).

That was my take on things anyway.

It looks amazing IMO.

SL said that the designers came to Bristol and looked at buildings around the City so that the Stadium wouldn't look out of place.

My first thought was that it looks like a smaller version of Old Trafford.

SL confirmed it will be all seater.

It will completed in January 2012.

The future is bright.

Are the drawings soon to be on the website? Does anyone know?

No, SL said nothing was being released to the press or going on the website. He also asked nobody take photo's and put them on the interweb as it wasn't a definate design.

If we do end up with what was shown then I will be very happy.

It looks amazing IMO.

SL said that the designers came to Bristol and looked at buildings around the City so that the Stadium wouldn't look out of place.

My first thought was that it looks like a smaller version of Old Trafford.

SL confirmed it will be all seater.

It will completed in January 2012.

The future is bright.

hmm now let me see.. Broadmead Shopping Centre, Bristol & West Tower, Fairfax House.... :noexpression:

or will it have a Brandon Hill Tower at one end, a sort of Arnolfini front at the other and have an arch over the top resembling the Suspension Bridge?... sounds like a right mess.

Taking queues from other buildings in the same city sounds like a recipe for a carbuncle to me.

Iconic buildings become so when an architect designs a structure that is unique in every sense of the word and not when it becomes an amalgam of several design cues. Sounds like an architect cop out to please SL.

I get quite animated when it comes to architecture as you may have noticed but strong views are necessary to try and ensure we do not end up with an eyesore. The record, across the country, is a poor one to date. Even Wembley is a cop out. We were sold the idea that an arc would be spectacular. Perhaps it is but not spectacular enough against what was demolished.

Please put it out to consultation Mr. Chairman. if it means changing the design, again and again to get it right then so be it.

But as I have posted elsewhere; if the architect is a company like HOK then we should be in very good hands. Just lay off the bricks lads!

hmm now let me see.. Broadmead Shopping Centre, Bristol & West Tower, Fairfax House.... :noexpression:

or will it have a Brandon Hill Tower at one end, a sort of Arnolfini front at the other and have an arch over the top resembling the Suspension Bridge?... sounds like a right mess.

Taking queues from other buildings in the same city sounds like a recipe for a carbuncle to me.

Iconic buildings become so when an architect designs a structure that is unique in every sense of the word and not when it becomes an amalgam of several design cues. Sounds like an architect cop out to please SL.

I get quite animated when it comes to architecture as you may have noticed but strong views are necessary to try and ensure we do not end up with an eyesore. The record, across the country, is a poor one to date. Even Wembley is a cop out. We were sold the idea that an arc would be spectacular. Perhaps it is but not spectacular enough against what was demolished.

Please put it out to consultation Mr. Chairman. if it means changing the design, again and again to get it right then so be it.

From what Steve said I don't think the design is going to be changed drastically, or most likely not at all.

Its interesting what you say about Wembley because we are using the same construction company as Wembley, MK Dons new Stadium etc..

I assume you didnt see the designs? I really believe that most people will be happy with it. SL asked people to put their hand up if they liked it and I think everyone there did! Even Tin did and hes a moaning git! :innocent06:

the 2 main points i picked out where,

1; the outer walls would be brick, not concrete or cladding,

similar to the bonded tobacco warehouses nearby

2; there will be NO GROUNDSHARE!

City would hire it out for big rugby matches, similar to the

currant deal, but definately not with the other football team,

he said " we are Bristol City, and we go it alone"

Archived