IGNORED

Midfield Kingpin

bristol bell boy

While every person on here is talking about yhe 2 forwards

to come in.what is happening about our replacement for

nick carle GJ said he had a replacement lined up and

it was not an unfit (non show)player from Ipswich.

So come on Gary! were still waiting for our goal

scoring play maker to work in tandem with marvelous

marv and drive the team upwards. :englandsmile4wf:

While every person on here is talking about yhe 2 forwards

to come in.what is happening about our replacement for

nick carle GJ said he had a replacement lined up and

it was not an unfit (non show)player from Ipswich.

So come on Gary! were still waiting for our goal

scoring play maker to work in tandem with marvelous

marv and drive the team upwards. :englandsmile4wf:

To call gavin williams unfit is a bit harsh i will judge gavin around november december after his found his feet and settled in.

From what i have seen gavin is a playmaking midfielder he can score goals and make them, i don't think we are lacking in the center mid department to be fair last season we had no prblem creating chances but we lacked a striker to finish them cue mifsud and the unkown european striker.

I think we need to look at a winger and also some cover at the back and we will be sorted IMO

To call gavin williams unfit is a bit harsh i will judge gavin around november december after his found his feet and settled in.

From what i have seen gavin is a playmaking midfielder he can score goals and make them, i don't think we are lacking in the center mid department to be fair last season we had no prblem creating chances but we lacked a striker to finish them cue mifsud and the unkown european striker.

I think we need to look at a winger and also some cover at the back and we will be sorted IMO

I think you may find a few people will take you to task over that statement.

I think you may find a few people will take you to task over that statement.

To be fair we created a number of chances at wembley i recall and dele squandered a fair few, all I'm saying is that we lacked that cutting edge upfront as we all well know and i don't think are main problem is creating goal scoring chances.

I don't think we have seen the best of ivan down the flanks and he could be a big player in terms of creating goal scoring chances for the likes of mifsud adebola trundle etc.

i know I'm like a broken record but id love to see darren ambrose in the middle with marv. could be a great young english partnership.

Went to falmouth this weekend and spoke to a random palace fan i met who was a decent chap. he said they don't really know what to expect from Carle, after talking to him for about 15 mins i realised i really wished we hadnt sold him.

I think LJ is class but our squad is definitely weaker without Carle, and id like to see a replacement brought in.

people keeping saying about williams being injured/unfit... does anyone remember how long it took alex russell to make his debut after we had signed him from torquay?

His first game was Nov 6th. About December he got fit and the slagging off stopped in Jan. He never looked back and performed consistantly well throughout the remaining games here IMO. Can we learn from this and let our players get fit before writing them off...

And as for our central midfield. Unless we get someone better at doing what LJ does or another Marvin Elliot type i don't think we should change it. LJ's deep lying playmaker role, allows Marvin to get ahead fo him and into shooting range. LJ gets slagged for not scoring, Marvin praised for scoring..but it does work. Two Marvins would work too. But if we get a purely attacking central midfielder who can't get stuck in, it utterly restricts Marvin from getting anywhere near the box, which is a big part of his game. I think the partnership works really well. Elliot covers LJ's flaws, LJ/the wingers allow Marvin to effectively going forwards.

I think we have a great balance, so it's about finding better versions of what we have. Anyone better than Marv outside the Prem? LJ again..who's out there and better at what LJ does than him? I can't reel them off without going to look.

Nick Carle was hardly a "midfield kingpin". He was cover for a player who performed very well until he got injured in the run-in.

Carle had about 4 good games for City and I see no reason to believe he'd have been in Gary Johnson's 1st XI for the new season. Lee Johnson will be fit and ready for the new season and will continue to perform well. Williams will provide cover/options for the midfield.

i know I'm like a broken record but id love to see darren ambrose in the middle with marv. could be a great young english partnership.

Went to falmouth this weekend and spoke to a random palace fan i met who was a decent chap. he said they don't really know what to expect from Carle, after talking to him for about 15 mins i realised i really wished we hadnt sold him.

I think LJ is class but our squad is definitely weaker without Carle, and id like to see a replacement brought in.

I still think one of the main reasons we got rid of Carle was because he just couldn't work in a 4-4-2 and GJ obviously thought he's no making the whole team around him. I for one admit the 4-5-1 worked wonders but I do like the 4-4-2 more and it's more consistent.

Archived