IGNORED

Chris Eagles Of Manchester United

JackIKnowski

Apparently Chris Eagles is in discussions with Prem League and Champ teams about permanent transfer and Utd just want 1 million for him. On the Pre-season SA tour he has looked brilliant, scoring and buzzing around like a young Giggs almost. I'm sure he would prefer Champ with Burnley cited as his preferred choice at mo as he needs football. MOST Prem teams he wouldn't get into YET and promoted ones will struggle like hell, IMO (West Brom/Hull/Stoke). His wages cant be that high. He is a proper pass and move footballer too -perfect for our style and a serious cut above Williams and Sproule.

We should sign him he has the flair and guile to score and create, everyone makes a big thing about strikers but they need service!

Any takers? Gary ?

Apparently Chris Eagles is in discussions with Prem League and Champ teams about permanent transfer and Utd just want 1 million for him. On the Pre-season SA tour he has looked brilliant, scoring and buzzing around like a young Giggs almost. I'm sure he would prefer Champ with Burnley cited as his preferred choice at mo as he needs football. MOST Prem teams he wouldn't get into YET and promoted ones will struggle like hell, IMO (West Brom/Hull/Stoke). His wages cant be that high. He is a proper pass and move footballer too -perfect for our style and a serious cut above Williams and Sproule.

We should sign him he has the flair and guile to score and create, everyone makes a big thing about strikers but they need service!

Any takers? Gary ?

Top Shout,

I'd be well impressed if GJ and SL could pull that out of the bag, but like you said its looking like Burnley.

Firstly I doubt he will be sold for 1 million he is still a rising star is worth more suprised if utd sold him really at all loan possibly. I think it'll be either newly promoted prem teams or newly relegated . Yes we proved we are promotion contenders last year but compare us to the bigger teams B'ham,reading,Sheff Utd etc.. but yes I think he would be a great player for city but I don't think it would happen.

We have 4 players who play right side mid as their primary position already. It's not that i don't want him partiularly, but doesn't make sense at this time especially having just signed Williams.

Responds to future quotes of "Rah rah complain moan about Williams because we haven't seen him play and he's not exciting or fit yet cry moan lack of amition ramble"

Shush.

We can't just buy good players that make no sense in terms of what our squad needs when we have much bigger priorities than right mid.

Why Burnley?

Most probably because he's going to have a pick of clubs and can choose what's best for him, it's closer to Manchester than here as well.

We will struggle to get decent loan signings because of our location, we are 90 minutes away from all Prem teams, and there's a better option (geographically) for the players invovled.

whos got the biggest potential to succeed at a higher level? :icecream:

Burnley are the best supported team, based on population of the local area, in the Championship so it's not as clean cut as that.

We loose out on deals like this purely because of where we are in the grand scheme of things, a young lad will much rather stay local than uproot a couple of hundred miles sadly.

Burnley are the best supported team, based on population of the local area, in the Championship so it's not as clean cut as that.

We loose out on deals like this purely because of where we are in the grand scheme of things, a young lad will much rather stay local than uproot a couple of hundred miles sadly.

Hmm yes. being the biggest club in the South west i guess has its disadvantages too.

EDIT, in fact, while we're on the subject it would be interesting to know who our closest (distance wise) Pre team are.

at a guess

Villa?

Chelsea?

definitely a great signing

never going to crack the utd squad, i think they have realised that now aswell

1m would be signing of the season. agree burnley would be an easy option for him as its closer but we should def have a go.

IMO he would absolutely shit on all our right wingers and his contract demands will not be ridiculous

Hmm yes. being the biggest club in the South west i guess has its disadvantages too.

EDIT, in fact, while we're on the subject it would be interesting to know who our closest (distance wise) Pre team are.

at a guess

Villa?

Chelsea?

West Brom?

I think a lot of our transfers fail because of our geography. As lovely (!) as we all Bristolians think our City is, it's too far from home for many. I know players are paid well, work strange hours, can only holiday at certain times of the year etc but they also have wives/partners and children who all may have to be uprooted aswell. I think it's the uprooting factor that decides transfers over money and other perks in many cases.

I think a lot of our transfers fail because of our geography. As lovely (!) as we all Bristolians think our City is, it's too far from home for many. I know players are paid well, work strange hours, can only holiday at certain times of the year etc but they also have wives/partners and children who all may have to be uprooted aswell. I think it's the uprooting factor that decides transfers over money and other perks in many cases.

The geography issue is I think a potentially bigger issue than we might first think. And I reslised this a couple of weeks ago when leafing through my atlas when waiting at Manchester Airport ( sad I know) and then realised just how close together the major northern cities are to each other.

Imagine you are an ambitious young player. You set your sites on moving up the leagues with a view to getting to the prem. If a any point you decide to move to Bristol, where would your next move then be? Wherever it is, it will involve an upheavel in terms of moving hosue, family, childrens school etc. etc for Birmingham, London or the northern cities.

By comparison, a young lad like Eagles , living in and around Manchester, probably realises that if he moves to a club somewhere in the Lancashire conobation then the options for his next move are tremendous. He has Merseyside, greater Manchester and the big Lancashie Towns as well as Yorkshire and even the midlands cities within reach and without having to move house. I think I'm right i saying that Michael Owen still commutes from Cheshire across to Newcastle.

That way he doesn't have to move away from family or friends, and if he has his own family now or in the future then doesn't have to contemplate their upheavel with future transfers.

Yes I completely agree RedM and I think the fact that Plymouth have admitting they are struggling to sign players it proves it.

IMO it wont belong before he is snapped up by a premier league team. Burnley might struggle to keep hold of him if he performs. Must say I'm surprised he hasn't ended up with the likes of Birmingham or Reading.

Perhaps we should resite the new stadium somewhere between Birmingham , Nottingham and Manchester to overcome this problem.

Good shout, but what would his wages be like?

who cares abou this wages we need players taht will get us promoted and low wages aint going to get us that .."we don't want to break the wage bracket" we are never going to go anywhere giving players 1000 to 3 k a week!

Archived