IGNORED

This Forum & The Potential To Scupper Proposed Transfers.....

city84

If COLIN (aka NEIL WARNOCK), or one of his staff members, were to print off some of the comments made by members of this forum, in regard to MICHAEL MIFSUD, then it could have a negative effect on his transfer. If I was Mifsud and read some of the comment on this forum I might have second thoughts about signing for us.

If COLIN (aka NEIL WARNOCK), or one of his staff members, were to print off some of the comments made by members of this forum, in regard to MICHAEL MIFSUD, then it could have a negative effect on his transfer. If I was Mifsud and read some of the comment on this forum I might have second thoughts about signing for us.

I don't think thats really the case i don't think that forums are used as pointers or guides for managers. I think your starting believe that these forums wield more power than they actually do.

It's just a forum. Yes lazy journos use it to pick uo stories. Yes players may look at them from time to time, but i don't think top of Mifsud priorities or list of things to do was check out the forum before i sign.

Just colin as doesnt log in to every CCC forum to see what players he can sign based on a few rumours form the fans.

Potential to scupper transfers? 1% If noone says anything...then noone knows.

Forums don't kill transfers, (rappers) sources do, ask any league chairman and they'll tell you it's true.

I mean there might be the odd stab in the dark that is on the money..but most of the rumours come from someone saying something to someone else.

The process, someone "leaks" somethign to someone..who then tells someone who posts it on the forum. Then it stops right..because no journalist would ever get their info from the forum...but say for a laugh they did, they then run a story..which is picked up by other parties say another media source or forum..the rival club then think oh i know, that's a player i've never heard of before..i better go take a look..

Edit - oh you mean in terms of whether someone joins. Meh it's not really up to the fans, if i had any confidence in myself as a player i'd think i can turn the fans around. The manager wants me clearly as he's trying to bring me in (unless crazy owner type) or at least the chairman will so my ability will mean the fans (if i gave a damn) would like me eventually.

I have always supported the club's desire to keep transfers quiet until contracts are signed. I'm afraid over the Meteb and Mifsud deals the club has caved in to pressure from fans to announce deals before they are done. All that can lead to is embarrassment for the club and disappointment for fans. It was also a mistake for Gary to say we have exciting signings lined up when there were no guarantees of success. All that just leaves us back at square one and potentially at a low ebb morale wise when the season starts. I hope lessons have been learned by both club and fans.

:city:think what your trying to say is

there's to many richard heads on here :city:

:disapointed2se: disagree, it take allsorts to make a forum; not just elite, intelligent super fans; :fastasleep:

I think you are under estimating the power of the pound note.

Potential to scupper transfers? 1% If noone says anything...then noone knows.

Forums don't kill transfers, (rappers) sources do, ask any league chairman and they'll tell you it's true.

I mean there might be the odd stab in the dark that is on the money..but most of the rumours come from someone saying something to someone else.

The process, someone "leaks" somethign to someone..who then tells someone who posts it on the forum. Then it stops right..because no journalist would ever get their info from the forum...but say for a laugh they did, they then run a story..which is picked up by other parties say another media source or forum..the rival club then think oh i know, that's a player i've never heard of before..i better go take a look..

Edit - oh you mean in terms of whether someone joins. Meh it's not really up to the fans, if i had any confidence in myself as a player i'd think i can turn the fans around. The manager wants me clearly as he's trying to bring me in (unless crazy owner type) or at least the chairman will so my ability will mean the fans (if i gave a damn) would like me eventually.

Well they did hence Marc Janko got front page and back page of todays Evil Post.

I'm afraid over the Meteb and Mifsud deals the club has caved in to pressure from fans to announce deals before they are done.

I think that's a bit harsh. Meteb had actually signed subject to a work permit and I don't think Johnson and Lansdown could be expected to predict he would be that stupid and go and play for Ahly. As for Mifsud Coventry broke the story not us. I'm afraid with any transfer there is a danger of another club coming in at the last minute. Coventry broke the story to drum up more interest and it appears to have worked a treat.

I think that's a bit harsh. Meteb had actually signed subject to a work permit and I don't think Johnson and Lansdown could be expected to predict he would be that stupid and go and play for Ahly. As for Mifsud Coventry broke the story not us. I'm afraid with any transfer there is a danger of another club coming in at the last minute. Coventry broke the story to drum up more interest and it appears to have worked a treat.

The story on the OS was that he had agreed a contract. He could not sign until a work permit was granted. Might have been better to wait until then. You're right about Mifsud but I was referring to Steve saying on Sunday he expected Mifsud to sign on Monday. Hasn't happened - yet.

I'm not being overly critical here. Just that announcing things when deals are not signed can lead to embarrassment.

Archived