IGNORED

Another Option..

DaveF

It must be worth considering getting a striker in on loan?

West Brom did it with Bednar and Miller and they massively contributed the reason they're in the prem.

Can City not loan a young striker from the prem?

Now options are drying up fast it's worth considering.

I've said this before, but no prem club would want to loan to us as we are 90 mins away from all options. If you want to keep tabs on progress etc, you need them close.

Hence why Cheltenham have become Bristol City reserves recently

A good point, but it's still worth a shot as IMO if city had borrowed a striker for the end of last season we'd be looking forward to welcoming the most successful team in the Premier League's history on the first home game of the season rather than the team that holds the record for the lowest points tally =[

A good point, but it's still worth a shot as IMO if city had borrowed a striker for the end of last season we'd be looking forward to welcoming the most successful team in the Premier League's history on the first home game of the season rather than the team that holds the record for the lowest points tally =[

I'm not saying we shouldn't try, for all we know GJ has in the past, but I see it as a significant barrier in attempts to get these sort of players

I'm not saying we shouldn't try, for all we know GJ has in the past, but I see it as a significant barrier in attempts to get these sort of players

I dunno West Brom got Bednar all the way from Scotland!

We could always loan Meteb? :noexpression:

if we cannot find the right player on a perm transfer then i think the loan option should def be pursued. without a pacey striker we are going to find it very hard. IMO we could live without the new target man its the pace merchant we are desperate for.

sturridge - would be awesome but i heard benjani and jo will miss games at start of season, so they may well want to keep him. also distance is a factor

f campbell - would be awesome but man u will loan back to hull over us if they want to loan him

f sears - bit closer, think west ham really fancy him a bit though and may want to keep him with the first team sqaud

s. sinclair - again closer geographically, expect if hes available palace may get re-involved

j.simpsom - possibility, some may say not good enough but def has pace and potential

anyone think of any others?

if we cannot find the right player on a perm transfer then i think the loan option should def be pursued. without a pacey striker we are going to find it very hard. IMO we could live without the new target man its the pace merchant we are desperate for.

sturridge - would be awesome but i heard benjani and jo will miss games at start of season, so they may well want to keep him. also distance is a factor

f campbell - would be awesome but man u will loan back to hull over us if they want to loan him

f sears - bit closer, think west ham really fancy him a bit though and may want to keep him with the first team sqaud

s. sinclair - again closer geographically, expect if hes available palace may get re-involved

j.simpsom - possibility, some may say not good enough but def has pace and potential

anyone think of any others?

Isn't Simpson a right back?

Isn't Simpson a right back?

sorry i was on about the arsenal one jay simpson who plays up top

think danny is the man u fullback

jay simpson had a mixed spell at millwall last year scoring about 8 in 40 appearances. some may have been on right wing though. although not consistent he showed flashes of class and is way down the pecking order at arsenal (RVP, adebayor, walcott, eduardo, bentner, vela..... )

had a good game or two in a preseason fiendly i watched aswell.

P.S not unthinkable we could make it permanent if succesful as i don't think he is ever going to be arsenal quality

here is a copy from bbc site about simpson

looks like he won league 1 player of year last year

Simpson named player of the year

Millwall's on-loan Arsenal striker Jay Simpson has been named as the Professional Football Association Fans' League One player of the year.

Simpson has scored eight goals for the Lions, who are 17th in League One.

The 19-year-old's impressive form had already landed him the PFA player of the month prize in November and March.

The PFA Fans' awards are voted for by fans over the internet, and are not connected to the PFA's divisional team of the year voted for by the players.

Simpson scored the opener in Saturday's 3-0 win against Carlisle, which ensured Millwall's League One survival

here is a copy from bbc site about simpson

looks like he won league 1 player of year last year

Simpson named player of the year

Millwall's on-loan Arsenal striker Jay Simpson has been named as the Professional Football Association Fans' League One player of the year.

Simpson has scored eight goals for the Lions, who are 17th in League One.

The 19-year-old's impressive form had already landed him the PFA player of the month prize in November and March.

The PFA Fans' awards are voted for by fans over the internet, and are not connected to the PFA's divisional team of the year voted for by the players.

Simpson scored the opener in Saturday's 3-0 win against Carlisle, which ensured Millwall's League One survival

Ah my mistake mate, the Arsenal one has pace to burn apparently.

Ben Sahar or Di Santo?

Ah my mistake mate, the Arsenal one has pace to burn apparently.

Ben Sahar or Di Santo?

At pompey for the year

GJ showed last year he doesn't mind loaning players in...

Vasko and he also had Fraizer campbell signed up until Rooney got injured and Man U pulled the plug because they wanted him back as cover for their strike force.

Man U currently have a very good prospect in Danny Welbeck (I think thats his name) alot of their senior players are sayng how good he is...possibilty?!

not sure chelsea will be keen on di santo going out on loan. hes only just got here and will have to get used to english way of life.

i expeect we would have more chance with english players that will benefit from competitive footie, like jay simpson, sturridge and wellbeck.

i was under the impression GJ would only loan players in if he had an option to buy later. Thats why id say go for simpson as it could be realistic he would join us, def if we went up and maybe even in championship. sturridge definitely, and possibly wellbeck sound liek they are very much in their clubs plans.

for me simpson could def be a good shout. already proven at league 1, miles away from the arsenal 1st team and probably not in their long term plans. we arent a million miles from london, norwich apparently are interested. could def provide 1st team cover till xmas if no pacey striker aquired, with opportunity to extend for 2nd half of season and maybe buy at the end if succesful for 1-2.5m

Archived