IGNORED

Strikers

CiderSomerset

IF we don't get anyone else in (I think we will but you never know) are we really THAT badly off for strikers?

We still have:

Adebola - strong, still got some pace, is a handfull for defenders and knows where the net is.

Brooker - Fully fit at last :fingerscrossed: and we all know what he can do.

Trundle - Getting fitter all the time under GJ, and I hope he would want to put last season behind him and prove all the doubters wrong. Can be unplayable at times and if he gets off to a good start could get alot of goals..

Plummer - the youngster. Quick, very skillfull, another with a point to prove and can score goals.

Noble - can play in the hole behind Dele or Brooks, can hold the ball up to get others in the game, and can score goals out of nothing.

Yes, it would be nice to get a 'proven' CCC goal scorer in, but what if we didnt? IMO (alot wont agree..) we wouldnt be as weak in front of goal as some people think...

IF we don't get anyone else in (I think we will but you never know) are we really THAT badly off for strikers?

We still have:

Adebola - strong, still got some pace, is a handfull for defenders and knows where the net is.

Trundle - Getting fitter all the time under GJ, and I hope he would want to put last season behind him and prove all the doubters wrong. Can be unplayable at times and if he gets off to a good start could get alot of goals..

Plummer - the youngster. Quick, very skillfull, another with a point to prove and can score goals.

Noble - can play in the hole behind Dele or Brooks, can hold the ball up to get others in the game, and can score goals out of nothing.

Yes, it would be nice to get a 'proven' CCC goal scorer in, but what if we didnt? IMO (alot wont agree..) we wouldnt be as weak in front of goal as some people think...

Yes i see what your syaing but we WILL get strikers in so i think theres nothing to worry about.

Intially was pissed righht off about the whole mifsud thing but I'm ure GJ and SL are working hard and have at least 5 or 6 good quality targets out there :fingerscrossed:

We still have:

I agree it would not be the end of the world...SB and LT will be up for it no doubt...And JMW and young Plummer would see some light at the end of the tunnel...Plus Dele has had a good pre season...Keep the faith and stay behind the players we have :englandsmile4wf:

I don't think we have any strikers capable of scoring 15-20 goals/season in the CCC at this moment in time.

I can't see Brooker, Trundle and Adebola scoring more than 10 goals each.

We also need our midfielders to contribute more. Elliott and McIndoe scored a respectable half a dozen each, but they and LJ should be aiming for double figures.

I don't think we have any strikers capable of scoring 15-20 goals/season in the CCC at this moment in time.

I can't see Brooker, Trundle and Adebola scoring more than 10 goals each.

We also need our midfielders to contribute more. Elliott and McIndoe scored a respectable half a dozen each, but they and LJ should be aiming for double figures.

that'll do me. so they get 30 betwen them in 46 plus the 12 from mac and marv and not forgetting them from carey boom boom and orr so thats around 46. so win 1-0 each week and we are in the prem i do believe!!

After watching the whole of last season it was the strikers who kept us out of the Prem, the GS category tells you that.

Can't fault the keepers, defence, midfield or the management last season - but the strikers you definitely can, hence why GJ shipped two out to bring two in.

We still have:

Nice try.... I've been trying to persuade my mates and people on here that our strikers are decent for weeks!!

I personally think that Adebola is as good a championship striker at the minute as we could possibly get, he's cunning, strong, an aerial threat and a selfless team player. So he would be in my team every week as long as he is fit and fresh.

However, because of the ages of Trundle and Adebola and the un-prooven fitness (and quality?) of Steve Brooker I agree with the consensus that we will have to bring in one striker this transfer window to provide cover, pace and if possible "killer instinct finishing" to our attack.

But as we have three good strikers to be going on with, I agree wholeheartedly that there is absolutely no need for panic or hasty decision making.

We could have Torres up front but he aint going to score if he don't get the ball!

Nail on the head. This is what concerned me last season. The forwards didnt score many goals, and I felt at the time that this was because they were not getting the ball in the right places often enough. I cant remember them missing many sitters...

Forgot to add JMW to my first post.. Another option and things are looking up! :noexpression:

:Believe:

We still have:

I don't see any point in trying to dress up the situation.We had those strikers last year and they were not able deliver the goals we needed to get promotion.In any walk of life if you don't make changes you usually get the same result and this is no different.GJ is aware of the importance of resolving this, whether he will be able to do this I don't know but let's not pretend all is well when it clearly isn't.

The forwards didnt score many goals, and I felt at the time that this was because they were not getting the ball in the right places often enough. I cant remember them missing many sitters...

:huh:

Well I think the opposite - we created a lot of chances and our 'strikers' missed a lot of 'sitters'.

:dunno:

I myself am much more concerned that there is no Nick Carle replacement. We could have Torres up front but he aint going to score if he don't get the ball!

But we did more than ok without Nick Carle in the squad - I consider him a luxury player, all tricks and flicks but very little end product. I havent seen anything of Williams yet so I shall reserve judgement.

I do still feel that a fox in the box type striker is what we need, and i believe Johnson will get one - just frustrating not knowing who it will be.

CTID

I don't see any point in trying to dress up the situation. I wasnt trying to, just asking a question really.

We had those strikers last year and they were not able deliver the goals we needed to get promotion. Brooker didnt play much, Plummer not all at and JMW was out on loan.

In any walk of life if you don't make changes you usually get the same result and this is no different. Excellent, see you at Wembley then!! :winner_third_h4h:

Archived