IGNORED

Good Old Days....

normanhillred

Improved communications are supposed to be a good thing. In the days of tight shorts and taches, home from school stick points west on & see the latest signing. Next saturday down to the gate with dad, stand in the park end and clap on new signing while getting soaked. Rumours did not exist and half my time was not wasted trying to find out was & was not going on.

Happy days, getting home from school and going straight to the footy news in brief on Ceefax, page 312 I think it was back then! That was the only way you had of knowing if we'd signed anyone!

NormanHillRed - I take it that's Norman Hill in Cam??

hahahah ceefax page 312

oooo look, theres 12 pages today, lots of activity. Def the good old days. Nowadays, with the net, rumours are rife on so many forums and it makes the job of the manager so much more difficult as the media pick up on these rumours.

I remember turning up on match days and bang, there was Martin Scott in the team, or Tommy Black(Any stattos, cant remember the name) playing on the wing against Wycombe on a cold Tuesday night setting the field alight.

The crowd would be buzzing with questions about these new players.

Does page 312 still exist on analouge TV ?

I remember when we signed Jacky. The first i heard of it was on HTV news when Roger said on the sport section that we were signing a celtic player. The next thing i heard wasnt untill we signed him. A different world.

Archived