IGNORED

Maynard - Bid Accepted, Unamed Championship Club

BS3_RED

2.25 million for a league one striker.... blimey... that's quite a risk it's got to be said.

Not really, a young striker who is PROVEN at league one level and is likely to improve with age, being only 21 yrs old. 2.25m is a small investment, when you consider the prize we are going for.

2.25 million for a league one striker.... blimey... that's quite a risk it's got to be said.

i totally agree, i should imagine that its not all up front though. i didnt think we would go above 2mill

i would really like to see him brought in though, could be a great signing for us and coming from a smaller club prob wont be a big time charlie like some of these others we have recently turned down.

£2.25m - Seems a lot of money!!! I'm not complaining, just think he is £500k over priced.

So, if this bid is us, does this sound the end of the Euro player?

good point. id hope if its us it will be 1.5m up front with lots of add ons, dependant on personal and team performance, and sell on.

hopefully that would mean enough left to still pursue the european striker?

this time we will have a whole new problem though

rather than worrying about big time charlies, it will be prem clubs coming over the top and looking to buy a good english prospect

i really hope its us that have bid!

what with SL saying he was overvalued it soes seem an unlikely backtrack, especially for a bid of that size?

Ok worst case senario its not us, I'm struggling to think who it would be??

Ipswich we the other intrested party and after signing lisbie cant see them breaking the bank for maynrd.

Also i cant see many prem clubs that intrested to be honest, surely its us??

this time we will have a whole new problem though

rather than worrying about big time charlies, it will be prem clubs coming over the top and looking to buy a good english prospect

i really hope its us that have bid!

what with SL saying he was overvalued it soes seem an unlikely backtrack, especially for a bid of that size?

Maybe Sl and Gary have sat down and realised that because Maynard is younger, then don't have to pay quite as high wages that Mifsud obviously wanted so the money saved on the wages will make up for the higher transfer bid.

40+ posts in the 20 minutes since a speculative SSN piece about an offer that even if it exists may not be from us leads me to believe otherwise!

ummm, straight after i posted, someone else posted that they are excited. I was wrong :doh:

It's so Norwich.

Be delighted if it's us though. I think.

I don't think Norwich have money to play with due to the takeover kerfuffle. Then again Roeder did say he expected a striker in the next 48 hours yesterday :noexpression:

40+ posts in the 20 minutes since a speculative SSN piece about an offer that even if it exists may not be from us leads me to believe otherwise!
Whilst I agree there is no benefit in building ourselves up to only be let down again, Sky Sports are pretty reliable and don't just throw rumour around. I would think that it must be true and can only conclude that its our bid. The only reason id change my stance is if you know something we don't?

I don't think Norwich have money to play with due to the takeover kerfuffle. Then again Roeder did say he expected a striker in the next 48 hours yesterday :noexpression:

Tom,

Please can you put that new super server in, this is killing me it's so slow.....

So, if this bid is us, does this sound the end of the Euro player?

If you watch the Open Day interviews SL says of the Euro player that he will 'also come in to bolster the squad'. It didn't sound like an expensive signing or one that is affected by spending big on another player.

Having said that, they did say of the Euro player he'd be here early this week and we've still seen nothing.... :innocent06:

I think it would be an excellent signing. He scored 8 in the last 8 games of last season I think and considering we had no one who could do that and we got promoted, surely it would be a good signing?!

I also hear how highly Crewe fans rate him and they know about their young promising players- look at Ashton/Murphy/Varney - there are probably others.

Norwich are skint, Ipswich have signed Lisbie and Magilton said he wouldnt sign Maynard as he was too similar, and QPR havnt really been linked as much with Maynard....

As much as I'm trying not to believe its us.......it really could be!!!!

And I thought this week was going to be depressing........

Archived