IGNORED

Best Foreigner To Play For City

SecretSam

So we could put together a fairly useful non-UK City XI

I forgot about Jacki, BTW...and I'm slightly too young to remember Jaanunen and Meeijer...

Ivan Tistimetanu was an absolute hero, though, saw us vs Oxford with a mate who's a Boro fan when Ivan was playing, he thought he'd be a Prem player before long, then came the injury...what a tragedy. I read that fella's book (Tony someone?) "Playing the Moldovans at Tennis", and he met Ivan who was apparently really excited about playing for City. Such a shame.

I started going down the ground with my dad in the last 1980's so have seen a fair few foreigners.

In my opinion for his role in winning games we should not have won, getting draws where we probably on the back of possession should have got hammered, you can't go beyond Adriano Basso.

Jacki was tremendous player. Agostino was alright, Goater put the ball away enough times. But for me, Basso would get into a Bristol City all time XI with little argument.

Can't believe no one has said Greg Goodridge - he was an absolute City legend in my book.

Captain of Barbados - in 1996/97 we often fielded a front 3 of current full internationals, Goodridge, The Goat and Aggo. :winner_third_h4h:

Not sure of Bo Anderssen has been mentioned, but he was the "new Peter Schmeicel" :disapointed2se:

Basso and Shaun Goater for me, I loved Jacki, but nostalgia aside he wasn't as consistent as the other two, imo

Jackue wasn't about consistency - just rare takent and excitement - he liked a beer or two as well. I believe that he is a coach of the national team now

Guest Eamer

Paul Agostino

Shaun Goater

Adriano Basso

David Seal

Søren Anderson

Alous 'Alec' Eisentrager

Ion Testimitanu

Dariusz 'Jacki' Dzeikanowski

Greg Goodridge

Jim Brennan

Vilmos Sebők

Ade Akinbiyi

Does Leroy Lita count? (Congo)

:noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

Soren was an excellent striker, and he demonstrated this in the first few months of the season in 98/99. Then Benny decided that he couldn't play any other striker combination besides Torpey and Akinbiyi, but didn't want to leave out Andersen either, so he crowbarred him into the team on the left wing, where he was - surprise surprise - not very good.

Archived