IGNORED

Worst Foreigner To Play For City?

cider mad

What about Kelly Youga? He was pretty crap. Not in Zwijnenberg's class but still. Crap.

Part of a two-bloke loan from Charlton with Osei Sankofa (much better but still not that good). The only memorable thing of Youga is getting sent off twice in the space of very few games.

Northern Ireland is as good as foreign.

Andy Smith - what a shocker. I reckon I could have done better.

You don't remember him getting the free kick that we scored from at doncaster then? Which in my eyes was the game which we knew we were going up.

All it takes is a moment for a player to be good.

I don't care if we sign a player that is rubbish for 89 minutes of a game but has one minute of greatness and scores every game.

He was born in London so he isn't a foreigner. Or does your definition of "foreign" include the parents as well ?

PS While I'm on the subject, Dele Adebola was born in Nigeria but came to England as a small boy, went to school here, grew up

here and lives, works and pays taxes here.

Well the fact that Enoch was born in England and lived here all his life would pretty much mean he is English. His parents are both Nigerian so some would argue he is Nigerian? I guess he would actually be classed as having a dual nationality. I only classed him as foreign as he has played for Nigeria.

This is Enoch English or Nigerian debate has got me thinking.

Simone Perrotta. Born in England to Italian Parents. Live in England for the first 6 years of his life. Has represented Italy and won the world cup for them. Is he English or Italian?

Cruz Beckham. Born in 2005 in Madrid, Spain to English parents. Has spent the majority of his life in Spain and America. Is he English, Spanish, American or nothing yet because he hasn't lived, worked or paid taxes there long enough.

Anyone on here born in Engalnd to non English parents? What nationality do you class yourself as? Be interesting to find out other people's views.

Interesting point. Its kind of a reflection of the modern cosmopolitan world IMO. The boundaries are breaking down and many people claim dual allegiances.

I was born in England to non-English parents - my folks are of Indian extraction (with a bit of Scots blood in there) from South Africa, but grew up speaking English, and came over here on holiday in '58. They're been here ever since so I reckon between you and me they're probably not going back ! I regard

myself as English but I am also perfectly capable of cheering on South Africans, Scots and Indians at sport depending on the circumstances. And the Welsh, but that's more because their women are rather lovely.

Blimey, a reasoned debate on nationality...

There are two different type of nationality which generally is used to work out tax status and which country you owe money to!

Resident

If you're in the UK for 183 days or more in a tax year, you're resident for that year for tax purposes.

If you come to live in the UK permanently or to remain for three years or more you're resident from the date of arrival.

You're also treated as resident if you're in the UK for an average of 91 days or more in a tax year - worked out over a maximum of four consecutive tax years.

Ordinarily resident

If you're resident in the UK year after year you will normally be treated as ordinarily resident.

You're treated as ordinarily resident in the UK from the date you arrive if it's clear that you intend to stay for at least three years.

Domiciled

Your domicile is normally acquired at birth, but this is a general law concept covering a range of factors.

Ordinarily resident and Domiciled would probably be the two that could determin which nationality a player could represent!

Interesting huh?? :wacko::igiveup:

There are two different type of nationality which generally is used to work out tax status and which country you owe money to!

Resident

If you're in the UK for 183 days or more in a tax year, you're resident for that year for tax purposes.

If you come to live in the UK permanently or to remain for three years or more you're resident from the date of arrival.

You're also treated as resident if you're in the UK for an average of 91 days or more in a tax year - worked out over a maximum of four consecutive tax years.

Ordinarily resident

If you're resident in the UK year after year you will normally be treated as ordinarily resident.

You're treated as ordinarily resident in the UK from the date you arrive if it's clear that you intend to stay for at least three years.

Domiciled

Your domicile is normally acquired at birth, but this is a general law concept covering a range of factors.

Ordinarily resident and Domiciled would probably be the two that could determin which nationality a player could represent!

Interesting huh?? :wacko::igiveup:

My missus was born in Australia to Australian parents and lived their all her life up to 3 years ago.

She lives in England now though - so what does that make her?

My missus was born in Australia to Australian parents and lived their all her life up to 3 years ago.

She lives in England now though - so what does that make her?

Crazy. Why would you leave Australia to live in England. Ha ha.

She is 100% Australian in my eyes. Even if she lives here for the rest of her life. Australian with English as her second nationality.

To cidereagle. You say you class yourself as English and i agree with you, but say you were amazing at footy or cricket and India wanted you to represent them, i would imagine you would if England were not interested in your services. As soon as you have your 1 cap for India, does that then make you Indian? Its the idea of swapping nationalities like Kevin Pietersen and Deco that i find a bit baffling.

Oh and by the way, Welsh women?????? Have you not seen Nessa off of Gavin & Stacey? Nuff Said!!

Archived