IGNORED

A Big Thank You To Crewe Alexandra

Jimmy

Clearly without knowing all the details of the situation;

I think Crewe may be due a big thank you as they appear to have conducted this transfer with the upmost professionalism. No announcement of any kind on their part and, if anything, it must surely be concluded that they continued to dampen the flames whilst progress was swift.

Id be interested to hear details of the deal, sell on cluase etc but this is the signing that will rejuvenate the fans.

Well done to Steve Lansdown as well for showing all who question his ambition for this club exactly where to stick their sentiments.

EDIT: Oh and while I'm handing out pleasantries, thank you too to Michael Mifsud and his 'representatives.' It is your {apparent} lack of professionalism that has landed Bristol City with a much more exciting prospect.

A very good point mate. Would have been easy for them to let it out to there fans but yes, well done to them for their professionalism.

Here here. When the story broke yesterday, they still defiantly said no deal had been done when it had. Thanks Crewe.

Clearly without knowing all the details of the situation;

I think Crewe may be due a big thank you as they appear to have conducted this transfer with the upmost professionalism. No announcement of any kind on their part and, if anything, it must surely be concluded that they continued to dampen the flames whilst progress was swift.

Id be interested to hear details of the deal, sell on cluase etc but this is the signing that will rejuvenate the fans.

Well done to Steve Lansdown as well for showing all who question his ambition for this club exactly where to stick their sentiments.

EDIT: Oh and while I'm handing out pleasantries, thank you too to Michael Mifsud and his 'representatives.' It is your {apparent} lack of professionalism that has landed Bristol City with a much more exciting prospect.

Spot on Jimmy one of the best posts for some time on here.

Crewe look after their players, always have, always make sure when they go it's the right deal for them. Obviously extremely profitable for the Alex but then they invest a lot of money in their Academy, and would put many a premier League club to shame. And that's why boys from the north west and midlands sign for Crewe ahead of even their own local Premier League club

Johnson on Sky Sports News;

'Managed to get him due to Chairmans generosity'

'Club in the Golf bag',

Great education under Dario Gradi,

Every confidence in him,

'We'll put him in more often than not',

Deals for Mifsud and Mateab went on too long,

Wants players who want to get down here and are keen to play for Bristol City,

Agreed deal last night (with Crewe presumably), got him {Maynard} down this morning,

Other signings - 'If I need something ill ask him {Lansdown}, he can always say no', emphasis on 'value for money'

Expectations for this season - 'don't want to be one season wonders, want to compete, kept majority of players, enhanced the squad.'

Sorry for sporadic nature, was typing as listening to interview!

Alot of the interview was basically Johnson praising Lansdown.

Archived