IGNORED

Nick Carle Replacement?

brad blit

Not sure if this has been confirmed anywhere by someone but is Williams supposed to be Carle's replacement or are we still waiting for this?

I seem to recall when Carle was sold that Johnson said a replacement was already sorted but couldnt give details at the time. Then Williams signed but Johnson gave no 'This is Nick Carle's replacement' type statement merely saying he became availible (probably due to injurys etc).

With Maynard now in and still the possibility of a second striker as Johnson stated releasing both Byfield and Showunmi meant he was signing 2 to replace them, and everyone is going on about various other positions like central defender, right wing and more midfielders creators..........nothing has been said of this apparent Carle replacement?

Can anyone shed some light on the subject and clarify this!!!!

I thought GJ said Williams was bought in because the price he was available at was too good too miss out on..SL also said Williams was brought in as competition for Sproule...

We must still be waiting for Carle's replacement

Williams is Carle's replacement in the squad, but don't compare him to Carle because he's not the same type of player and in fact doesn't play in the same position. But he takes Carle's right wing option and a combination of him or Noble will cover LJ's absences which we pray are few and far between.

Clear innit.

There were reports in the media before Carle was sold that we already had his replacement lined up. However, I don't recall reading any actual quotes from Johnson on the matter. When Williams signed, he definitely said that he was not signed as a replacement for Carle.

So no-one knows then....

Maynard is! Last season we played 4-5-1, now it seems will will be playing 4-4-2 and carle would work in the 4-5-1 system and so therefor if he was still here there prob wouldn't eb palce seeing as LJ would start infront of him.

I recall GJ saying when Williams signed and Carle was going that Williams wasn't to be signed as a direct replacement but as an addition and at the price available was "too good to miss", "apparently" he had someone else lined up to replace Carle and said to "Trust Him"........that was a month ago.

I recall GJ saying when Williams signed and Carle was going that Williams wasn't to be signed as a direct replacement but as an addition and at the price available was "too good to miss", "apparently" he had someone else lined up to replace Carle and said to "Trust Him"........that was a month ago.

When GJ decided to accept Warnokes offer for Carle, he could have made it Carle+ 500,000, with Watson coming our way. Warnoke says Watson will be leaving, possibly to Birmingham.

It was suggested by GJ that Carle was signed to help with some goals, however Carle was not played in his best position until the last 5 or 6 matches when he was at his best. As for midfield goals, LJ managed just 1 in 41 starts last season, so based on that record, he did not contribute much towards our midfield goal tally either. However nobody came in with 1m + offer for LJ so Carle was handed his hat.

Pre season midfield has seen Elliot, Noble, Artus, Skuse, LJ and Brian Wilson used in Center midfield, plus the newly signed Wilson who can play there. Thats 7, with some of them playing in other positions. If Noble is fit, I think he and Elliot offer the best combination going forward. LJ gives a good 90 minutes effort, but lacks Nobles class. Skuse could be a surprise packet and will need to show something this season, ditto Artus.

We must still be waiting for Carle's replacement

"WANTED - Over paid Kangaroo disturber with great tan, ideas above own station, no loyalty, and minimal ability to set up or score goals until final games of season.

Huge salary available. Must be willing to jump ship at first opportunity thanks to great exit clause (preferably to a manager who wanted him charged for criminal assault in his last encounter)".

These type of playes are never easy to find, but heh, fingers crossed......

Go get one Gary.

When GJ decided to accept Warnokes offer for Carle, he could have made it Carle+ 500,000, with Watson coming our way. Warnoke says Watson will be leaving, possibly to Birmingham.

It was suggested by GJ that Carle was signed to help with some goals, however Carle was not played in his best position until the last 5 or 6 matches when he was at his best. As for midfield goals, LJ managed just 1 in 41 starts last season, so based on that record, he did not contribute much towards our midfield goal tally either. However nobody came in with 1m + offer for LJ so Carle was handed his hat.

Pre season midfield has seen Elliot, Noble, Artus, Skuse, LJ and Brian Wilson used in Center midfield, plus the newly signed Wilson who can play there. Thats 7, with some of them playing in other positions. If Noble is fit, I think he and Elliot offer the best combination going forward. LJ gives a good 90 minutes effort, but lacks Nobles class. Skuse could be a surprise packet and will need to show something this season, ditto Artus.

IMO Carle did show flashes of brilliance but also was prone too trying back heels that all too often did not come off giving the ball away in the process. I also think that Carle had a clause allowing him to talk to other clubs in his contract. On Ben Watson i think if we had £2m in the bank he would talk to us especially after he witnessed the Gate in one of the Best most defiant crowds ever seen at the gate. WE ALWAYS BELIEVE was the most spine chilling thing and the palace players were shaken by it. So Watson woulld talk too us based on his experience alone IMO.

Williams is Carle's replacement in the squad, but don't compare him to Carle because he's not the same type of player and in fact doesn't play in the same position. But he takes Carle's right wing option and a combination of him or Noble will cover LJ's absences which we pray are few and far between.

Clear innit.

Williams is not Carles replacement, source : GJ to us in Portugal,

GJ first made enquiries for Williams back in January,

"WANTED - Over paid Kangaroo disturber with great tan, ideas above own station, no loyalty, and minimal ability to set up or score goals until final games of season.

Huge salary available. Must be willing to jump ship at first opportunity thanks to great exit clause (preferably to a manager who wanted him charged for criminal assault in his last encounter)".

These type of playes are never easy to find, but heh, fingers crossed......

Go get one Gary.

Carle didn't have any exit clause, as happened with the mifsud transfer, GJ won't put clause's like that into any players contract and if they ask they don't get, it's all part of his "loyalty to the club/team" values which is understandable.

as Branso said, Carle didn't show his best for until the last few games of the season, which was the point he was actually played in his best position, from Nick's point of view, as has been said in various interviews, he didn't ask to leave, but when someone else wants you, and your current manager is happy to accept a transfer offer for you.......it's easy to know what to do.

I do love the fact that people hammer Carle for his lack of goals, but at the same time Love Noble and LJ???? BIZARRE!

Archived