IGNORED

Football Book

A Horse With No Name

I have just bought a book called "Playing At Home" where a guy travels to watch a League game at every League club in the country, during a season. The season is 1997/98 and Danny is beginning his Premiership season at Barnsley, where co-incidently the author begins his journey on August 9. Barnsley are at home to West Ham and Danny is quoted as saying. " I'm expecting big things from the lads this year. It won't be all doom and gloom". It says that Danny had spent the summer, signing unknown foreigners and deflecting suggestions that Barnsley would be relegated by Easter. But what really made me laugh, was that, Danny was cheered in the pub before the game as he appeared on Football Focus, spouting (and I quote) one-game-at -time tosh.

Incidentally, the City game he visited was the derby game with Rovers which we won 2-0, but the whole experience of a Bristol derby left the author (and again I quote) weeping with pain, and feeling the veins in the side of my neck.

Nothing ever changes does it?

Guest bristolbred

Wait until someone writes about Danny's successful years at Ashton Gate!! :dunno:

You'll find it for sale in the FICTION section of W.H. Smiths!! :unsure:

Well whatever else you say about him we knew what we were getting with DW.

His one game at a time philosophy is in fact an admirable trait, he doesn't appear to panic or indeed spread panic in the squad. Note direct comparison to banned to the stands, i'll take on all you booers , Hollowhead.

DW has his faults, but his calmness, although occasionally irritating, is a tremendous point in his favour at this nerve wracking stage while most of the rest of us are tearing our hair out.

Who do you think you are calling me a HOLLOWHEAD!! :@

Read it again, if you still think i would dream of calling a fellow City fan that foul slur of HOLLOWHEAD then i'm afraid you are indeed doomed to exist in the same insane world as the grey matter vacuum where old skeletor is Mastermind.

GREYDOOMED in fact. :P

Archived