IGNORED

Mifsud All Alone

Mad Dog

Chris Coleman disappointed with Michael Mifsud

Aug 1 2008 By Andy Turner, in association with Holiday Inn, M6 J2

COVENTRY City manager Chris Coleman has spoken of his irritation at the collapse of the Michale Mifsud deal with Bristol City.

He said: "It is a shame because Michael stated very clearly that he didn't want to play for Coventry City any longer and felt his career would progress elsewhere.

"I was disappointed that he wanted to leave because he's a capable player, but he's his own man.

"Bristol came in and the two clubs agreed but he couldn't agree.

"Gary Johnson has been quite vocal about that and I can't say I blame him because I obviously know what went on and I am not very happy about it myself.

"It's up to Michael and the people who work for him, but I only want players who want to play for Coventry City, who want to come along for the ride, fit in with what I want and do their best for the club.

"I don't care how good a player is - if he doesn't want to play for the club then the team is going to suffer for that.

"So he is still a Coventry City player and we are still paying his wages - but he's not part of our squad."

There's a guy who's capable of 15+ in the championship available for 1.5 million at most.

Someone will buy him. But, no credible manager will touch him now IMO after TWO managers have come out publicly about his negotiations.

There's a guy who's capable of 15+ in the championship available for 1.5 million at most.

Someone will buy him. But, no credible manager will touch him now IMO after TWO managers have come out publicly about his negotiations.

I agree and apparently Roeder is interested.

Nice one. Seems Gary is getting support for his stance from all over, apart from a few of our fans who thought he should have given in to Mifsud's demands. He's going to find it hard to get a club now; at least any club with a decent manager. :disapointed2se:

Nice one. Seems Gary is getting support for his stance from all over, apart from a few of our fans who thought he should have given in to Mifsud's demands. He's going to find it hard to get a club now; at least any club with a decent manager. :disapointed2se:

I still cant believe the reaction of some when GJ told Mifsud where to go following his demands (whatever they were). It makes it even more clear to every City fan that GJ has the clubs best interests at heart, and he will not compromise. Lets hope when GJ is next called into question a few fans remember the last few weeks and get on their hgih horses quite as quickly!

Apart from not getting a loan signing in last January which may/may not have made a difference (we will never know), and the selling of Carle, I don't think he's put a foot wrong so far and has nearly always been proved right with the tough decisions he's made. IMO some previous City managers may have let the fans influence them too much and that resulted in bad results, but GJ sticks to his guns and has so far reaped the rewards.

At this moment in time I really cant think of another manager who could come in and do a better job within the restraints of the club? Lets hope we don't need to find out anytime soon!

I still cant believe the reaction of some when GJ told Mifsud where to go following his demands (whatever they were). It makes it even more clear to every City fan that GJ has the clubs best interests at heart, and he will not compromise. Lets hope when GJ is next called into question a few fans remember the last few weeks and get on their hgih horses quite as quickly!

Apart from not getting a loan signing in last January which may/may not have made a difference (we will never know), and the selling of Carle, I don't think he's put a foot wrong so far and has nearly always been proved right with the tough decisions he's made. IMO some previous City managers may have let the fans influence them too much and that resulted in bad results, but GJ sticks to his guns and has so far reaped the rewards.

At this moment in time I really cant think of another manager who could come in and do a better job within the restraints of the club? Lets hope we don't need to find out anytime soon!

GJ is a god but some credit to Colin he knew what Mifsud was like when we were first interested and came out and said it.

I think that you are in need of your own advice Dan - this looks like a bit of a contradiction to me. You tell people not to call GJ's judgement into question, then question it yourself.

We don't know for sure why Carle was allowed to go but remember, the decision was taken by the same man, who said "no" to Mifsud and Meteb. GJ seems to have one set of values which he applies ruthlessly. It's proven to be good enough so far.

Archived