IGNORED

Nick Maynard

DavidNoble

Yes he did score a hat-trick tonight but no disrespect to them but royal antwerp werent really that great, everyone is probably expecting a bit to much from this lad, i think we will need to give him alot of time and he has it. Don't do the same as what we did with trundle and expect for him to turn up and score 30 goals. For those that went tonight it looked like it could take him half the season to get used to the team and players around him so I'm just asking PLEASE don't expect him to become Lionel Messi overnight.

Yes he did score a hat-trick tonight but no disrespect to them but royal antwerp werent really that great, everyone is probably expecting a bit to much from this lad, i think we will need to give him alot of time and he has it. Don't do the same as what we did with trundle and expect for him to turn up and score 30 goals. For those that went tonight it looked like it could take him half the season to get used to the team and players around him so I'm just asking PLEASE don't expect him to become Lionel Messi overnight.

What you're saying seems to make no sense! He's scored a hat-trick, maybe the only three chances he had, and he doesn't know the team!!

:noexpression:

well for example you've already got him as your profile picture and your picture under what you type, I'm just asking that if he doesnt score a hundred goals in the first 5 games that we don't get on his back and that we be patient with him.

well tbh i thought he linked up with adebola brilliantly myself, with adebola leavin the ball for him for his hatrick :noexpression:

Whats wrong with this place?

We buy a young lad and he scores 3 goals on his debut.

And still people have something to whinge about, at fricking midnight on a Friday.

Who gives a toss if people are excited and have high expectations?

You don't expect nothing for £2.25m.

the word off and pi55 spring to mind but since I'm nice most of the time. WTF why should we calm down we can do without your input of this one. I will get carried away all i like & also I'm still excited bout LT.

So i suggest you start we the undersigned are not excited about maynard see how many signatures you get.

:angry:

Never ceases to amaze how some people just wanna take cheap shots all the firgging time.

the word off and pi55 spring to mind. Never ceases to amaze how some people just wanna take cheap shots all the firgging time.

Read the original post again.

No one is slagging him off, just saying don't crush him under a tide of unrealistic expectation.

To be fair, not all City fans in the past have been universally the most patient....

(and how confident were you at 21, in a new town/new job?)

i don't want to get all carried away and excited but god i cant help it, I'm overcome with excitment, this young man was always looking dangereous and seem to be in the right place at the right time, a fox in the box and a tremedous sigining from gj and sl. this boy will get better i promise you

Read the original post again.

No one is slagging him off, just saying don't crush him under a tide of unrealistic expectation.

To be fair, not all City fans in the past have been universally the most patient....

(and how confident were you at 21, in a new town/new job?)

i know what he meant that why i said i would be nice. I think most fans are clued up enough to know that Maynard is not the finished article yet but by the same token most fans DID not get on LT back because its quite clear to most who have seen him play that he is a very talented footballer.

So i only took umbridge because imo far too many people are quick too point out the flaming obvious and post negative comments. I want to ride the wave that we had last season from day one get right behind the lads, get some positive vibes going.

Whilst i can see what the poster may have meant but his choice of words were poor" Calm down" well i say let people( like myself.) enjoy the moment. Most of us will wake up tomorrow and be happy but also realistic.

Anyway after all the snipers in the past 2 weeks some need to be shot down. Yes i was a little upset and miffed about the other signings that didnt come around but i didnt start taking cheap shots at GJ as others did. So as some else has said on another post - I hope some people havent hurt themselves too much from falling from their very HIGH HORSES.

Buzz Kill....

There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard etc There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard

Buzz Kill....

There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard etc There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard There is only one Nicky Mayanard...One Nicky Maynard....There is only one Nicky Maynard...One Nicky Maynard

there is probably more than one...... :rolleyes:

well for example you've already got him as your profile picture and your picture under what you type, I'm just asking that if he doesnt score a hundred goals in the first 5 games that we don't get on his back and that we be patient with him.

Ok, shall I remove him from my avatar and sig? I suppose I should, its not like he's our record signing and I should be excited/optimistic about him. I suppose we shouldnt all be talking about Maynard. Its not like he just scored a hatrick on his debut.

What do you expect no-one to talk bout him? Maybe you should think beore you post. In the words of cynic, "jeez"

Buzz Kill....

I hope you copy and pasted most of that otherise you have too much time on your hands :winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

well tbh i thought he linked up with adebola brilliantly myself, with adebola leavin the ball for him for his hatrick :noexpression:

This is what I thought yesterday while watching the game. The thing thats got me excited about the 2 of the gelling well is that fact they have both had the same breeding at Crewe and this can only be a possitive for us.

If you can't get excited over a young record signing scoring a hat trick on his debut when can you?

I don't think anyone will be on his back if he doesn't score immediately but I doubt the situation will arise. His finishing was superb and we have the players to create chances.

When Maynard slid in to score his first, i thought about how many crosses have flashed across the goal mouth in the last couple of season's with no one able to get on the end of them.

Changing the subject, we had a strong bench last night even without Marv.

Archived