IGNORED

Who Or Where Do We Need To Strengthen Now?

CityCiderEd

I am pleased as punch with the Maynard signing, as is everyone I know. And I believe Williams will be a key player for us this season too.

Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were considering future signings before the window shuts in a few weeks. I think personally we should be maybe looking at a left back maybe to take over from Macca or as cover??(nothing against Macca by the way,i just believe another full back is needed) and another centrwe half. I think if we brought in players in these positions, that would pretty much mean our squad has a very good calibre of starters and cover in every position. Any thoughts???

id like to see competition for the following players

Dele - another big target man, possibly his long term replacement

LJ - someone to push LJ now carle has gone

McCallister - in case he gets injured

plus possibly a centreback to compete with fonts/mccombe

will gary look to get left wing cover or will he give jennison a chance?

Full backs both left and right

Both Orr and jimmy mac have done great jobs for us

but we need players to be pushing them

Also another centre midfielder would be nice

I think ribiero will be orr's understudy this year, and if artus can come through then thats more competition again, don't forget we have skuse as well.

Another target man would be awesome too, has the news on the autrian gone quiet now??

I think ribiero will be orr's understudy this year, and if artus can come through then thats more competition again, don't forget we have skuse as well.

Another target man would be awesome too, has the news on the autrian gone quiet now??

I havent seen Ribiero or Artus play so cant comment on them

but if GJ thinks they are ready all well and good

A centre back as it seems to me Fontaine is at the moment covering for McAllister , McCombe and Carey , with the only other options being Brian Wilson (left back) and Skuse at centre back.

Seriously short here since Vasko left.

If we are serious about automatic promotion ideally also need a target man to compete with an ageing Adebola (could that be a fit Brooker ?) and competition/cover for Lee Johnson as I,m not sure who could fill his role if he was out (maybe Williams but I don't know enough about him , certainly not Noble)

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

We need a left back.

We haven't got one at the moment.

harsh, harsh indeed.

i think we definatley need a centre back, and he must be better than we already have, mccombe is now our weakest link( not too weak, but definatley the weakest in the first team) so i feel his replacement is a must.

bit expensive wages wise but danny shittu? i honestly would put £100 quid on us going up if he signed for us. completely solid at the back, fantastic at set plays, his was the best performance against us last year, and certainly the stand out one for me.

I don't know why everyone wants a target man so much when we have Adebola and Brooker. By buying another surely we're encouraging hoofball? 2 is enough in my opinion.

Did you go on Friday?

Brooker certainly is not a target man.

Brooker and Trundle are NOT Championship players.

I think we don't have the money now.... Maynard was not the first choice.

I would love to see a younger version of Dele.

Dele has alot more to his game than just the Long Ball

Did you go on Friday?

did you go friday?

brooker did well

did you go much last season? when we were playing COMPETITIVE MATCHES did you see trunds kinda end the season as our most influential player?

we have the one of the wealthiest chairmen in the league. if he thinks it is reasonable we have money left

we spent 3 million last season, we should be spending that and more this year. 500k is a lot of money at this level!!!

Did you go on Friday?

brooker looked quite lively when he came on on friday IMO, he hasnt really had a chance to play at championship level for an extended period yet so its too early to say he isnt championship quality

i agree a young dele would be awesome. I'm hoping west ham buy some more strikers so eventually we can pick up carlton cole or someone like that when they are no longer needed

CB - Cover, Suske is too good at passing to be playing cover for the CB's, if anyone get injured we loose real cover/sub.

I think we have good player in all other position - sproule/williams/nobe on the right - a whole horde of player in the midfield and 3 capable strikers competing for the last striker slot - Maybe we will see the best out of Trundle/Brooker this season?

Had dream last night we signed a centre back on loan from Pompey...

Saying that I'd had a rather spicy curry not long before going to sleep...

Really funny you should say that because i had a dream that we we signed a right back from Port Vale for a straight swap for Bradley. Anyone fancey it!

Did you go on Friday?

I went Friday and I disagree with all of that.

Brooker played well and is a target man with more guile. Trundle began to prove he could be handy at the end of last season so don't write him off yet.

And To me Dele doesn't have a lot more than the long ball stuff- he is an old carthorse who plays well 1 in 3 games. I would much rather see a fit and raring to go Brooker.

Archived