IGNORED

Money, Money, Money.....

BB in Backwell

Good to hear Gary Johnson donating a shirt to the 'Fans'.

Shame it will cost a Fan over a Grand atleast ( already £311 ), why couldn't they do a free raffle if they really wanted to donate it?

Why does it have to cost me 50Euro to buy an ST 'cus I have to use a premium line phone?

Why is the online ticketing system still not fixed after SIX MONTHS for purchases from Overseas?

Why can't they search by name over the phone for membership cards ( they need the reference number only)?

Sort it out Mr Commercial Director.

Whinge over. I'm not a doom & gloom merchant but the Commercial dept. is rather inept.

Shame it will cost a Fan over a Grand atleast ( already £311 ), why couldn't they do a free raffle if they really wanted to donate it?

I've said time and time again - I can't believe that they wouldn't make more money by doing raffle tickets for a quid or two. Instead some fans with the big wallet just bid high at the auctions.

I've said time and time again - I can't believe that they wouldn't make more money by doing raffle tickets for a quid or two. Instead some fans with the big wallet just bid high at the auctions.

I agree. Even if the shirt fetches £500, I would bet that more than 500 fans would enter a raffle at a quid a go.

I suppose it's something to do with the organisation of a raffle, which would need to be legally set up, I believe.

Though we could ask why it wasn't tagged on as a bonus prize for the half-time draw at the first home game with Derby. That's certainly an incentive to increase sales.

Yep especially as they could not supply anything for our nursing home fete even though Rovers managed to find us two matchday tickets so Kudos to them. Bristol Rugby gave us a match ball etc.

Not even a scarf or anything. :noexpression:

I agree. Even if the shirt fetches £500, I would bet that more than 500 fans would enter a raffle at a quid a go.

I suppose it's something to do with the organisation of a raffle, which would need to be legally set up, I believe.

Though we could ask why it wasn't tagged on as a bonus prize for the half-time draw at the first home game with Derby. That's certainly an incentive to increase sales.

Maybe on my part the use of the term 'raffle' was misleading, I was writing the post in a hurry at work on my lunch break! In my old job I needed to know gaming laws inside out so have a bit of knowledge in this area (albeit getting rustier by the day!)

There is legislation that makes such things difficult but not impossible. If the club set it up as a prize competition it would not be subject to statutory control, i.e. no licences required.

All the club would need to do to have it constitute as a prize competition and not a lottery (which IS subject to Gambling Commission control and can't be ran for private or commercial gain) is to have a text competition where you have to show reasonable skill or knowledge to get the right answer to a multiple choice question. Advertise it on the official site, in the match programme, over the tannoy and I think the club could be onto a winner. If the prize on offer was good enough I think people would pay £1 for a text entry. What's more, no messy tickets to sell!

Guest Eamer
surely you could get a regular shirt printed with the the "fans 12" on it for the extra on top of a normal shirt

Yep, cost you about £50, sit in Atyeo Block D and go down and get him to sign it before a game by the Tunnel or something. Saving of over £400.

Guest Eamer
Shirts are just a massive rip off any way, buy a badge last you the rest of your life. Last shirt I bought had Hirerite on it

I just wait until the end of the season and get them for a tenner. Can't complain at 75% off really...

Archived