IGNORED

Nick Carle

norwichrobin

Ok, not a personal attack on the guy liked him, brilliant touch, man marked out of a few games so could not shine to his full potential...potential.......

What is annoying though is that every other post on here seems to refer to him as some sort of city legend, we shouldnt have sold him blah balh people nearly in tears etc etc. The lad wanted to go and showed very little desire to stay when the first offer came in for him he came into a successfull team and realistically played a handfull of decent games, i know this point will be argued but speaking his name without potential in the sentence is hard. Was decent enough to hang around until the final at wembley and then signed for one of our most annoying rivals, shop window anyone?

Other players however who were supposed to have attitude problems knuckled down and got on with it. in a week when its been "good ridance" to anyone who dosent want to wear the beloved red, why is everyone crying over this guy?

He has openly said in london press that it was not a wrench to leave city etc, thats up to him, but come on guys not endering is it. Remmember showomni running his heart out at barnsley for the cause and byfields glorious moment at cov and numerous goals as subs, my point with these two, tried hard and it didnt work out why arent they receiving legendary status also?

Ok, not a personal attack on the guy liked him, brilliant touch, man marked out of a few games so could not shine to his full potential...potential.......

What is annoying though is that every other post on here seems to refer to him as some sort of city legend, we shouldnt have sold him blah balh people nearly in tears etc etc. The lad wanted to go and showed very little desire to stay when the first offer came in for him he came into a successfull team and realistically played a handfull of decent games, i know this point will be argued but speaking his name without potential in the sentence is hard. Was decent enough to hang around until the final at wembley and then signed for one of our most annoying rivals, shop window anyone?

Other players however who were supposed to have attitude problems knuckled down and got on with it. in a week when its been "good ridance" to anyone who dosent want to wear the beloved red, why is everyone crying over this guy?

He has openly said in london press that it was not a wrench to leave city etc, thats up to him, but come on guys not endering is it. Remmember showomni running his heart out at barnsley for the cause and byfields glorious moment at cov and numerous goals as subs, my point with these two, tried hard and it didnt work out why arent they receiving legendary status also?

After a thousand+ posts and as many reasons, its been done to death. GJ accepted an offer for him whilst he was in Australia. Carle would obviously have felt unwanted and took the move. Nothing sinister about that.

If your boss agreed to sell you whilst you were overseas on holiday, what would you do ?

I was upset to see him go and thought that with a full pre-season behind him he could have been a key part of our team this year. Many Palace fans have been very impressed with him in pre-season and say he looks to be better than Watson and could be there key man this year. Admittedly if Carle said he wanted to go then there isn't much we could do and at least we made a profit on him but the sad thing is that i can see him making a huge impact on the Championship this year and i think his future lies on the Premier League.

After a thousand+ posts and as many reasons, its been done to death. GJ accepted an offer for him whilst he was in Australia. Carle would obviously have felt unwanted and took the move. Nothing sinister about that.

If your boss agreed to sell you whilst you were overseas on holiday, what would you do ?

and that grants legendary status because........?

I was upset to see him go and thought that with a full pre-season behind him he could have been a key part of our team this year. Many Palace fans have been very impressed with him in pre-season and say he looks to be better than Watson and could be there key man this year. Admittedly if Carle said he wanted to go then there isn't much we could do and at least we made a profit on him but the sad thing is that i can see him making a huge impact on the Championship this year and i think his future lies on the Premier League.

what price at ladbrokes his first goal in england is against us!! Do you think he would celebrate??

Enoch got a good send off.

I think the key factor with Carle is he showed some glimpses of top quality in an area where we've looked pretty average and drab for the last few seasons.

People perhaps think 'what if...'

Disagree with this, we went up from League One with this Drab and when Carle came in we didn't look half as good when LJ is in the team.

But I do agree we do need cover and competition in this area.

Disagree with this, we went up from League One with this Drab and when Carle came in we didn't look half as good when LJ is in the team.

exactly would there have been such public displays of grief if young LG would have left? for me LG showed character getting stick off the fans taking it on the chin then coming back to play some tremendous stuff we may be in the prem now if he hadnt had to go to fullback at wembley? think we will see him in the prem before nick carle. lets get behined whos stayed and played.

Central midfield?

Its hardly been exciting, especially in our time in League 1. The last time it used to buzz was when Scott Brown was involved, but he scored a few goals so had to go..

:innocent06:

There was just no role at BCFC for a player like Carle.

No goals and no assists in the league in 17 appearances.

Although it hasn't been said publicly, it's pretty clear that as well as providing much needed competition for Sproule - Williams can play in the centre and to an extent is Carle's replacement.

There was just no role at BCFC for a player like Carle.

No goals and no assists in the league in 17 appearances.

Although it hasn't been said publicly, it's pretty clear that as well as providing much needed competition for Sproule - Williams can play in the centre and to an extent is Carle's replacement.

so why the legendary status? glad its not just me (again!)

Think you might get some stick for the no role bit though - bonjour

A very good player that had class.

Not a City legend - just because he wasn't with the club long enough.

Very shocked at his departure - especially to Colin and Palarse. Now, with more than a moth gone, I am totally over it.

Especially with NM who looks be just what we've needed for over a season.

Come on you reds

A very good player with class....who didn't (or maybe couldn't) do what i'd expect from an attack minded central midfielder.

No Goals. No Assists.

I know and it's a shame. This is obviously why GJ parted with him (along with the profit).

I will be keeping a close eye on him this season as i'm sure those stats will change.

am i right in saying that he wanted to move to palace because they were a bigger and better club and they had a bigger fan base or am i talking rubbish? :dunno:

I know it's shite reading stuff like this, but what was the guy supposed to say. I mean he's just joined a new club and has to fit in with management, club, players and supporters alike. It is what I would expect him to say and along the lines of what any of City's new signings would say.

In recent history (10 years) no one can deny they are the bigger club. Hopefully, we have overtaken them and it will stay that way for some time to come. :winner_third_h4h:

I know and it's a shame. This is obviously why GJ parted with him (along with the profit).

I will be keeping a close eye on him this season as i'm sure those stats will change.

Ditto, and i shall eat my slice of humble pie if he does, but for all his class and style, IMO Carle wasn't and isn't the answer.

Don't ask me who is though :ph34r:

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see if Artus is given an opportunity to compete.

There is no way in hell he was a legend, because simply he wasn't here long enough, however given time.....he could have been.

The thing with Carle is that he was possibly the Best attacking Central midfielder we have had in a very long time, personally given time I think he would have proven to be a better player overall than Tinnion without doubt.

Technically he was one of the Best players to have pulled on a city shirt in my lifetime at 30, however just as he was beginning to look settled into the team, he's gone, people mention how many games he played and assists etc, however how long until he got his place in the team in his best position when fully fit? VERY LATE ON, when he joined he wasn't fit, however his debut against Palace was fantasic.

You just need to look at the write ups and pre-season predictiosn from many papers/websites etc who all see Carle as a MAJOR signing for Palace and have him down as a key player this coming season for them. I tend to agree.

Personally though, I'm gutted he's gone and still don't understand it, especailly when the only other quality option in that area is LJ.

The Interesting thing and proof of the pudding will be when we play Palace, I'm sure he will show us what we have missed out on and this debate will be roaring again

I was staggered to find out he was the clubs highest paid player on a reported £15k a week. He has quite rightly moved on as he couldn't/can't warrent that kind of level of wage in my opinion.

There was alot of huff and puff from him in his games for us but struggled to make an impact from setting up or scoring goals.

Anyway onto the players we have with us now, lets get behind the boys! Come on City!

His clips on youtube were very impressive, but he didn't show anything like that for City.

He was much needed, decent competition in central midfield, and I don't see Williams as a replacement, but during his short time with us I thought he was OK, no better.

Attacking midfielder and Nick Carle in the same sentance?

I'm really struggling here. No goals, no assists, no apparent inspiration or creativity and I'd go as far to say as his shooting ability was probably one of the worst at the club.

But COULD put in a damn hard tackle. I wonder why Warnock signed him?

Granted his dribbling is decent but let's be honest he was a bit of a show pony. Looked good on the ball, that must have been the South American blood in him.

I think you'd be entitled to feel a loss if LJ didn't perform and Carle did next season, but it's a bit early for that!

As to him leaving..well he had 3-4 good games for us..i'm in the so what camp. He wasn't here long enough for me to care or be bothered by him going. I may feel differently if he goes on to fire Palace to the Prem, however i don't think he will.

looks like johnson didnt really get what he had bargained for when he signed carle, new it wasnt going to work, but also new he could get a decent resale so he moved him on. I'm sure carle wasnt gutted to leave as after all hes been here only half a year and he will obviously be more appreciated in a similar level team at palace.

i don't think there is any huge villain in the piece, it just didnt work out. Palace have got a good signing, we have moved on a player who didnt really fit in for a decent price. it was best for everyone.

i think most people would agree that since hes gone, at the very least we are a bit short on cover for LJ. another MC brought in with a bit of potential would really put this whole topic to bed IMO

so i say good luck to him, except against us of course

Give me Lee Johnson any day, no he doesn't do fancy back heels and run around like a headless chicken but he does make us tick as a side. LJ is twice the player Carle is, shame not everyone appreciates him.

I don't understand why most people don't see this. LJ is so much better

Archived