IGNORED

Blimey All The In's And Out's At Derby

cheshire_red

After looking at that report I'm a lot less fearful of facing them than I was before.

That obviously well-informed fan thinks their best line-up is -

Carroll

Mears - Stubbs - Albrechtesen - McEveley

Barnes - Kazmierczak - Green - Commons

Hulse - Ellington

I'd take two or maybe three of those (Albrechtesen, Barnes & Green at a push) for our SQUAD (not nailed-on first-11 mind), but the idea that THAT represents the best Jewell could do with a full summer and Prem-parachute money behind him is a tad embarrassing IMHO.

After looking at that report I'm a lot less fearful of facing them than I was before.

That obviously well-informed fan thinks their best line-up is -

Carroll

Mears - Stubbs - Albrechtesen - McEveley

Barnes - Kazmierczak - Green - Commons

Hulse - Ellington

I'd take two or maybe three of those (Albrechtesen, Barnes & Green at a push) for our SQUAD (not nailed-on first-11 mind), but the idea that THAT represents the best Jewell could do with a full summer and Prem-parachute money behind him is a tad embarrassing IMHO.

That's a pretty shocking team to end up with after so many signings. The only players they have that I'd like are Commons, Barnes and Villa.

Why on earth they'd start Ellington ahead of Villa is beyond me as well.

Jewell is a whining d### who has thoroughly demoralised his squad since taking over and I really can see them struggling big time this season.

I don't buy the Commons going missing thing. I must have seen him play about a dozen times for Forest in the last two seasons and Calderwood played him out wide mainly. When they were following his usual instructions (get 1-0 up and then camp out on their 18 yd box) he saw little of the ball - it's easy to see that as "go missing" when really he's just been isolated. I think he's got some great quality and in a more central role with wingers and runners to aim at he'd flourish with his passing. Although you will find few Forest fans who agree with that I think it's worth bearing in mind that they're a tiny little bit bitter about him leaving to go to a perceived rival.

Fair play.

I can't say he's ever impressed me, but I can't really say I've seen enough of him outside of the situation you point out (Calderwood's Forest team in league one) to judge him too harshly.

I do think they'll need a consistantly good ball winning central midfielder to work the system you suggest (two true wide players) and outside of an old and grumpy Robbie Savage I'm not convinced they possess one of any real distinction. Paul Green is a wild card who could fill that role, but he'll need to step up quickly, having never played higher than league one previously.

One thing I'm sure of is that if Derby are to be a real force this term they'll require a decent settling-in period before they shine and I for one am pleased we can play them early enough to hopefully take advantage of that.

Fair play.

I can't say he's ever impressed me, but I can't really say I've seen enough of him outside of the situation you point out (Calderwood's Forest team in league one) to judge him too harshly.

I do think they'll need a consistantly good ball winning central midfielder to work the system you suggest (two true wide players) and outside of an old and grumpy Robbie Savage I'm not convinced they possess one of any real distinction. Paul Green is a wild card who could fill that role, but he'll need to step up quickly, having never played higher than league one previously.

One thing I'm sure of is that if Derby are to be a real force this term they'll require a decent settling-in period before they shine and I for one am pleased we can play them early enough to hopefully take advantage of that.

It certainly would be nice to win at home first time of asking, I'll have a weather eye on Derby's result for that reason though they should beat Donny.

I agree they need a ball winner and Savage is well out of favour at the moment - don't know anything about Green really.

It certainly would be nice to win at home first time of asking, I'll have a weather eye on Derby's result for that reason though they should beat Donny.

I agree they need a ball winner and Savage is well out of favour at the moment - don't know anything about Green really.

One club man at Donny, went from non-league to Championship with them. Tough ball-winner, although has a decent shot and pass on him. Would have not been disapointed to see him at City if Derby hadn't moved so fast to snap him up.

He might very well be their best signing TBH (think he was a free). Still, I'd wager Marv to boss him any day.

Archived