IGNORED

6 Hour Trip For Players

garlicbread

Justed watched Dele's intertview on world.

...was talking about the fact its a 6 hour round trip to Blackpool and how its not ideal for a player.

I'm supprised that for games this far away, we arent flying.

Surely a group booking from Lulsgate to North is affordable for us??? Do the bigger clubs do 6 hour round trips on bus???

Guest Eamer
there's no chance they will do that in six hours, more like 8+ hours round trip on a coach!

even more on a Friday, the M6 will be sh1te!

No way, we only bought two new players any other money's been forked out on a new speedy speedier coach.

Surely a group booking from Lulsgate to North is affordable for us??? Do the bigger clubs do 6 hour round trips on bus???

Always save money where you can

3hrs on a Friday afternoon is nothing - they have all night to recover

Most of us fans spend twice as much time as them sat in Saturday jams across the country they should consider themselves lucky

...was talking about the fact its a 6 hour round trip to Blackpool and how its not ideal for a player.

It's a 'round' trip, so halving the 6 hours into two trips of 3 hours (with an overnight stay), then I'm guessing quite a number of clubs would.

Always save money where you can

3hrs on a Friday afternoon is nothing - they have all night to recover

Most of us fans spend twice as much time as them sat in Saturday jams across the country they should consider themselves lucky

Reminds me of the Sheff U game. I went up through London...The carriage was full of Dag&Redbridge squad on their way to Darlo. 9am From London to Darlington.

The best bit for me was was the kit man handing out chees/ham baguettes, crisps and mars bars. Shocking!

PS, although bottom of league, they won 4-0!

I seem to be having trouble with world. My system plays back ok the news clips. I log onto world and everything is ok. then when I click to watch anything nothing happens i.e. no video or audio. any thoughts whats happening i.e. how I can correct it?

I've made several Bristol to Bolton (visit the in laws) trips over the year's on a Friday night, and I cannot remember the last time I did it in 3hrs I did manage 2hrs 10min coming back on a Sunday night once but that was hammering it. The longest it's ever taken me to get up there on a Friday is 8hr's, on the Friday of the floods last July, that was a nightmare I can tell you, Bris to M6 took 6hr's then ironically the M6 was clear all the way up, which is very unusable.

Bolton to Blackpool is about another 45mins - 1hr again.

I seem to be having trouble with world. My system plays back ok the news clips. I log onto world and everything is ok. then when I click to watch anything nothing happens i.e. no video or audio. any thoughts whats happening i.e. how I can correct it?

try refresh, works for me

Nope, didn't work. I can watch classics and game highlights. I cant seem to view TV News for some reason

I quite often get it when doesn't appear to play at all - I leave it on go make a cuppa tea, do some work or whatever and just wait until I hear it is playing - then watch it OK. Seems to take a while to warm up for some reason but usually gets there in the end!

Living near to Blackpool in Cleveleys and going up and down to family in Bristol on a reg basis , a 6 hour round trip is not one they will make on the coach .

We had no probs sunday evening coming up on M5 / 6 for once ( always probs around J 14 - 17 on the M6 ) and took us just over 3 hours keeping to the speed limit .Surely take longer in the coach with regulator speed .

They will come up the night before as they have done when previously in the north west surely but I agree Bristol to Blackpool Airport ( about 2 miles from the ground ) seems sensible in this day and age of namby pamby players and fitness coaches and an all important 3 points at the start of the season .

Guest churchill gaffer

I'm just glad I did'nt pay to go to Blackpool!

No Basso!

No Elliott!

And the reliable (NOT!) Defensive Skuse is covering!

Thank God I saved my money!

Injuries already! Is this the sign of things to come this season?????

At least Carey got himself reary for the season.

I'm just glad I did'nt pay to go to Blackpool!

No Basso!

No Elliott!

And the reliable (NOT!) Defensive Skuse is covering!

Thank God I saved my money!

Injuries already! Is this the sign of things to come this season?????

At least Carey got himself reary for the season.

Churchill Gaffer now come on , even a man from the sticks has an understanding that to play Basso and Elliot with slight knocks ( if they don ' t play that is ) could deem them unavailable for many more games .This could have an great impact on us before the season is up and running .

Did alright up there last few seasons and a point would not be the end of the world again with the SQUAD we ' ve got and let them have a run out against the Posh in readiness for Derby . :farmer:

They will come up the night before as they have done when previously in the north west surely but I agree Bristol to Blackpool Airport ( about 2 miles from the ground ) seems sensible in this day and age of namby pamby players and fitness coaches and an all important 3 points at the start of the season .

It has been known for City to fly there, but a long time ago. I've been reading a book about Atyeo this summer and it describes how they took a plane from Lulsgate to Blackpool for a cup replay in January 1959, I think it was, because the wintry roads were bad (pre-motorway of course).

Atyeo hated flying, by the way, but wasn't keen on any long journey, actually.

Made we wonder about flying there myself but there's been no suggestion the team would be this time or that it's even an option. My brief bit of research on Blackpool airport suggests the only UK flights they do are to Ireland and the Isle of Man, so i didn't get as far as trying to cost it.

I imagine City would have to charter a flight. If they let a few fans on they could perhaps have made a bit of money back (like the Portugal pre-season trip).

Guest churchill gaffer
Churchill Gaffer now come on , even a man from the sticks has an understanding that to play Basso and Elliot with slight knocks ( if they don ' t play that is ) could deem them unavailable for many more games .This could have an great impact on us before the season is up and running .

Did alright up there last few seasons and a point would not be the end of the world again with the SQUAD we ' ve got and let them have a run out against the Posh in readiness for Derby . :farmer:

All I am saying is "Thank god I am not paying good money for me and my family to go to Blackpool and see us struggle"

If a point at Blackpool is good, then i'll stay away from that awful ground of scaffolding and no roof!

I will referee the parks and listen on the radio! (A friendly)

I'm not surprised the tickets are not all being sold!

Also I just hope this is not a season of injuries.

All I am saying is "Thank god I am not paying good money for me and my family to go to Blackpool and see us struggle"

If a point at Blackpool is good, then i'll stay away from that awful ground of scaffolding and no roof!

I will referee the parks and listen on the radio! (A friendly)

I'm not surprised the tickets are not all being sold!

Also I just hope this is not a season of injuries.

Hear Hear , fair play to you for refereeing locally as well .

Fingers crossed for a season without to many injuries also .

Archived