IGNORED

A.g Ground Improvements

EASTEND WURZEL

Before S.L announced plans for a new ground he had made some noise on ground improvements at A.G. Obviously if we are to move then it would be pointless to spend vast amounts of cash, but some of the ideas he had would pay for themselves especially seeing as we are talking about 3 to 4 years.

This season will see a rubber track between the edge of the pitch and the stands.(not ready for the Antwerp game) , and new plastic seats in the lower Williams stand.

But he did have some more impressive ideas as well.

He mentioned 8 executive boxes which would be on top of the club shop. ( see the crude attempt).

Any body know if this is still a possibility?

Would there be much point? Would we make back the money on it before we leave and move to the new Stadium?

I would say that there is enough of an opportunity to at least conduct a feasibility study into costs and the interest that would be generated. If the amount we could charge for them breaks us even in one or two seasons, then I would say we should go for it. Remember, anyone who buys a box now, would be more likely to take one at the new ground. And to attract custom now, we could offer priority bookings for the new ground to anyone who buys one at the Gate.

Until it's looked into (and bear in mind that may already have happened and decided against), then I don't think anyone could say either way if it would be worth doing, but a feasibility study wouldn't cost too much to allow them to come to a conclusion.

Would there be much point? Would we make back the money on it before we leave and move to the new Stadium?

Umm get them on board now ready for the new stadium? 4 years revenue on boxes.. well probably looking at £10-15k a season x 8 x 4 seasons = enough to make it viable

Umm get them on board now ready for the new stadium? 4 years revenue on boxes.. well probably looking at £10-15k a season x 8 x 4 seasons = enough to make it viable

Do we sell out our current executive boxes? I've no idea but we seem to have been advertising them on the main site so i'd guess not?

We're advertising for boxes that we don't have?!? Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious!

Sorry i meant the corporate hospitality packages rather than places in non existing boxes (which i dunno, if we sold those i'd have alot of respect for Sextone!)

I'm sure there would be a market for a small number of exec boxes over the next few years. There would be no other competition in the whole city (I can't see a major company wanting to take key clients to Rovers v Hereford...).

Obviously I don't know the costs of building them, but would imagine we could certainly generate a good profit - if we reached the Prem while still at AG we could ask what we wanted for them, especially if there were only about 5-10 available.

I'm sure there's a market, there better be or the new stadium will fail pretty spectacularly, but is there one for watching from on top of the club shop in a temporary box..not so sure. Guess it'd depend how it's done.

I think this would be genearted some much need revenue, as a championship club nowadays you need boxes to comepete with the likes of wolves birmingham etc.

Plus it deffinety would make the ground look more complete with that corner being filled in, did SL say this was deffinetly happening or was it just a suggestion?

I think this would be genearted some much need revenue, as a championship club nowadays you need boxes to comepete with the likes of wolves birmingham etc.

Plus it deffinety would make the ground look more complete with that corner being filled in, did SL say this was deffinetly happening or was it just a suggestion?

He has had this idea for at least 2 seasons now but it keeps being put on hold , Cost is the main issue but personally i would like to see them built I'm sure they would sell and it would add a much needed addition to our ground. Plus in terms of building them it could be done at any time as the position of them does not interfere with the general running of the stadium.

This would also help with selling boxes in the new ground as I'm sure the occupants would renew (they could be given 1st refusal on better position boxes say on the halfway line!)

I can definitely vouch for the new seats in the Williams because I've been down there fitting them. Although I personally think it would have been better to replace the wooden ones in the Williams. I think boxes over the club shop are a good idea and the club wouldn't have nay problem shifting them, but where will the Sky pundits sit when they come down if they can't go on top of the club shop anymore?

I can definitely vouch for the new seats in the Williams because I've been down there fitting them. Although I personally think it would have been better to replace the wooden ones in the Williams. I think boxes over the club shop are a good idea and the club wouldn't have nay problem shifting them, but where will the Sky pundits sit when they come down if they can't go on top of the club shop anymore?

use one of the boxes for all t.v broadcasts, pundits and commentators!! sky can afford it

They tend to climb up a ladder for access. I'm not sure your buisnessman drinking champers would be up for that.

I'm pretty sure the original plans for the boxes showed access through an internal staircase into a narrow corridor running the length of the executive suite, accessed through the office next to the club shops side entrance. (the contents of the office would be re situated).

This is the closest entrance to the Williams stand for access to the restaurant and corporate hospitality facilities.

Before S.L announced plans for a new ground he had made some noise on ground improvements at A.G. Obviously if we are to move then it would be pointless to spend vast amounts of cash, but some of the ideas he had would pay for themselves especially seeing as we are talking about 3 to 4 years.

This season will see a rubber track between the edge of the pitch and the stands.(not ready for the Antwerp game) , and new plastic seats in the lower Williams stand.

But he did have some more impressive ideas as well.

He mentioned 8 executive boxes which would be on top of the club shop. ( see the crude attempt).

Any body know if this is still a possibility?

The club already have planning consent for 12 no. temporary boxes above the existing club shop. This was granted under application ref 04/00381F on the 21 April 2004. Unfortunately there are no plans available on Bristol City Councils website for viewing.

The club have 5 years to implement this consent (21 April 2009). So the answer to your question is, yes, it is still a possibility. However, I would assume the club would have implemented this consent by now, if they had any intention of carrying out the works.

Ha ha re occuring plans for the gate!

Flicking through an old programme this week ( Liverpool friendly July 1997) and they had plans in there for boxes to be put in the dolman. Lose about 9 rows from the top and the boxes would have been built there. The way up to these boxes, a lift :whistle2:

And construction was due o start at the end of the 97/98 season :rofl2br:

Archived