IGNORED

Derby Sign Latvian International Midfielder

cheshire_red

This is starting to get on my nerves now. Every bloody signing that someone else has got, all we see is GJ why haven't we got him blah blah blah. We have just smashed our record fee for a player we don't have pots of money, we do not get parachute payments.

So just learn to accept that we have the best squad we can afford and that we are The best without the need to spend spend spend all the time.

Rant over!!!

Well

I think this recent interview is very encouraging as GJ mentions how him and his staff now have a very good understanding of what is out there due to having been on numerous scouting missions to Europe. Therefore I think it is fair to take his word and know that if there really is someone worth signing who isn't a big head then he'll go in for them if he needs another player.

Forgot the link! GJ interview

Firstly....Just because GJ was their national team manager 7 years ago, doesn't mean he would know of every young player that was coming through the system, at the time this player would have been 16 when GJ left for Yeovil, looking into the players history....he's not even from Lativa he was born in the Ukraine.

Looking at the players record, he had a failed trial with Southampton in 2004 and ended up playing for a while in Ireland, before disapeering back off to Ireland, also considering he's 23 and has only played 5 games for a nation like Lativa..... what he has done in the lativan leagues is irrelevant really.

he's another right winger.....in Murray, Sproule and Gavin Williams I think we are well covered.

Plus, derby have only signed him on a season loan so obviously aren't that convinced enough by him to fork out a fee....

Personally speaking I don't feel we are really missing out......

besides.....could we really compete with Derby?......no

Archived