IGNORED

Basso And Weale

westred1

GJ has a keeper crisis for Saturday's game against Blackpool and is unsure whether to pick Basso or Weale.

Who would you pick?

Basso - 1st choice goalkeeper who won player of the season last year but is lacking match fitness and has hardly played in pre-season.

Weale - 2nd choice goalkeeper to Basso but has finally found full fitness and has played the majority of pre-season and has played very well.

If Basso is not 100% fit then Weale should start the 1st game

He than has the jersey and its his to lose

If he does nothing wrong he stays in the team. Simple As

Sounds to me that basso has been injured & disgruntled over the pre-season, so Gj's probably learnt a bit more about him, meanwhile Weale has been on his uppers, and whoever is going to be picked will be on current form, is in.

As a defender having confidence in the better keeper at this moment in time is also crucial, so current form says Weale, after which it's for him & Basso to fight it out.

Basso did great last season (apart from his kicking).....but that's history now.

I think players should start a new season with a clean slate so everyone has a chance to win a shirt and everyone has to work for it.

I'd pick on the basis of form in the pre season and that would mean Weale despite Basso being excellent last season.

Of course if Weale is injured, suspended or short of form then Basso gets the shirt back but competition for places needs to be real.

I'd also point out that Weale is 26 and Basso is 33. Although keepers play later than outfield players I think we need to have an eye to the future.

GJ has a keeper crisis for Saturday's game against Blackpool and is unsure whether to pick Basso or Weale.

Who would you pick?

Basso - 1st choice goalkeeper who won player of the season last year but is lacking match fitness and has hardly played in pre-season.

Weale - 2nd choice goalkeeper to Basso but has finally found full fitness and has played the majority of pre-season and has played very well.

Think G.J is lucky to HAVE 2 GOOD KEEPERS to be able to give him food for thought . Weale played well up there last year on our first away game when Basso was slightly injured . No argument to Basso being No. 1 and he should play if fully fit for me , but shows how good Weale is if selection for that position is not been made by management team .

Hate for Basso to pick up long term injury in the Blackpool game and waste a sub in replacing him at the very least .G. J ALWAYS MAKES THE RIGHT DECISIONS . :worship2:

Last season i remember Weale playing (well) against blackpool, man city and scunny and Basso returning for the wednesday game and playing a blinder. Either way we have two very reliable keepers so it doesn't bother me who plays. However if it was down to me it would be Basso every time but with his current lack of fitness perhaps weale should start. I expect he will and after his pre-season he probably deserves it.

Weale for me

I just don't think we will see the same from Basso this season as we did last - hope I am wrong but...

As somone stated before........If he aint fit then don't risk it ....Weale is more than good enough to replace him and once in the shirt then its up to him to keep it - same for any position....except Central midfield maybe (33) only joking

BASSO for me every time. Not quite sure how fit you have to be.....mentally, physically etc to be a keeper. So, unless he has an injury which will affect his movement, or an injury to his hand, I'm not quite sure how it will affect his overall performance.

Plus, most times in competitive matches, WEALE has always looked a bit suspect.

Have i missed something. Basso had a hand injury during the majority of pre-season and then played the whole of the Antwerp game without showing any reaction. I havn`t seen any report that says he`s injured again ( doesn`t mean there hasn`t been one ). Weale has performed well during pre-season and its great that we have two good keepers.

However, Antwerp was the final game before the real stuff begins and i don`t think Basso would have started if GJ wasn`t happy with him starting at Blackpool.

PDG

Sounds to me that basso has been injured & disgruntled over the pre-season, so Gj's probably learnt a bit more about him, meanwhile Weale has been on his uppers, and whoever is going to be picked will be on current form, is in.

As a defender having confidence in the better keeper at this moment in time is also crucial, so current form says Weale, after which it's for him & Basso to fight it out.

Basso did great last season (apart from his kicking).....but that's history now.

What the?

How has Basso been disgruntled?

Archived