IGNORED

Shame........

cityloyal473

All this points deduction stuff is crazy, at one time you'd be fined two points max for something like crowd trouble/fielding eneligable player etc... now because clubs have no money the league wants to punish them like this,3 teams in league two needing a miracle to stay in the league. I think it may be time for the player wages to be looked at,as it's becoming so hard for smaller clubs to survive.

Imagine though if those three stayed up,2 teams would have to be really bad(and the gas and swinedon arent even in league 2) to finish below them with 30 and 17 points head start. Although Rotherham moving out of Millmoor isn't a bad thing really as it was only ever a big scrapyard anyhow

Really feel for Bournemouth they had a fantastic team when they came and played us on a late May night playing really good football with Stock in the middle and think they just missed out on the play offs that year.

Big shame that since then we have pushed on but they have gone basically the other way we were Under tinman then.

It's sad for the fans, sure.

But I have to wonder - how does a club end up in this sort of situation?

Have they been the victims of some tragic unexpected turn of events that cut their revenue in half in a completely unpredictable way or have they just spent more than they could possibly afford?

What exactly is the point of the "fit and proper persons" test if ****wits that can run clubs into the ground can end up in charge?

What exactly is the point of the "fit and proper persons" test if ****wits that can run clubs into the ground can end up in charge?

Exactly, any old fool with a few quid (or not) can run a club.

Same old same old though, take it out on the fans.

Feel sorry for all 3 of them - good luck, don't let the b@stards grind you down!

Feel sorry for all 3 of them - good luck, don't let the b@stards grind you down!

Don't fine the Clubs under "New Management"...........the rescuers.............prosecute the people that got them into that state.

Don't points penalise the Clubs under "New Management"....the rescuers..........turn the points deductions into further financial penalties for the Glory Hunting twerps that that got them into that state for self glorification.

Don't penalise the fans , the wholly un-guilty party, unless it's an even playing field, what is the point of even going and paying money to prop the club up?

Unless all Clubs start fro zero points from game one, it's an absolute farce, and even the rescuers , "New Management" may walk away, exascerbating an already pathetic, costly scenario, heaping further embarassment on the Football League and Ruling Bodies.

Guest churchill gaffer

If clubs try and gamble by spending more than they can afford. And then they go into financial difficulties, because the gamble didn't work.

Then they deserve the penalty!

If every club tried to buy sucess, then many would go under. because not every club can be top of the league.

Clubs have been warned about spending above their capabilities by the FA.

Chelsea can afford to lose money!

Those clubs did not, and should have planned for the worse!

If it all goes wrong, then you have to be able to continue normally.

You cannot buy sucess!!!!!

If you could then SL would have done it, along with many other clubs.

You need to know your capabilities, and not gamble away on your club!!!!

I feel sorry for the clubs fans I really do, however the president has been set with Leeds so the punishments have to remain consistant. This kind of thing just makes it all the more clear that Steve Lansdowne is a bloody good chairman and that we are lucky to have him running our club.

CTID

That just about sums it up. Anyone with the money can invest in a club just because it appears an attractive business proposition. Thank god we have a chairman like SL who loves this club.

It's sad for the fans, sure.

But I have to wonder - how does a club end up in this sort of situation?

Have they been the victims of some tragic unexpected turn of events that cut their revenue in half in a completely unpredictable way or have they just spent more than they could possibly afford?

Not that i know much about it but was our own club not in a dis-similar postision back in the early 80s?

we have played all three teams in the not too distant past. and now look at the state of them. -64points between them :disapointed2se:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...uth/7547284.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/7543195.stm

luton being the other..

really feel for there fans :fingerscrossed:

S0d the points deduction, whose the bird in your avatar?! ;)

One Team

Sad for Rotherham who were part of that fantastic day when we sealed promotion from League 1 and made our long awaited return to the second tier.

All three clubs have fans who love their clubs like we love the City. None have the resources Leeds had last year to turn things around.

Without echoing Colin, West Ham by comparison got off lightly with reference to the Tevez affair.

"Rotherham accepted a deal essentially the same as Bournemouth's, though theirs included an extra caveat that they must return to Rotherham within four years."

What's all that about?

Wimbledon were never made to return to London, BRFC played at Bath for gawd knows how long. Rotherham's almost a suburb of Sheffield for god's sake.

Football clubs are now in no doubt that they can not keep spending money they haven't got in a bid for success. The clubs must work with in its budget like every one else.

I agree with the pionts deduction its suppports clubs like City who run their club properly.

Hopefully time will catch up with the likes of Swindon and Cardiff and both clubs gets a massive points deduction but I guest in the case of Cardiff the Welsh FA will step in and save them.

What I have found difficult to understand about the points deductions is that, the deductions are for financial irregularities. Luton are now almost certainly confined to the conference, meaning much less revenue without a doubt. So just how are they supposed to clean up their books??? Seems ridiculous to me. Perhaps a better sanction could be a 6 month incoming transfer embargo or something along those lines...

What I have found difficult to understand about the points deductions is that, the deductions are for financial irregularities. Luton are now almost certainly confined to the conference, meaning much less revenue without a doubt. So just how are they supposed to clean up their books??? Seems ridiculous to me. Perhaps a better sanction could be a 6 month incoming transfer embargo or something along those lines...

It was looooveleeeeee when Swwindle down were refused promotion few years ago though!!!!!!!!

Isn't it unfair though that in most of these cases the people that caused the problems are long gone? & the ones being punished are the fans & players who haven't done anything wrong and are left to pick up the pieces .. & also I read that Bournmouth would only be entitled to thier penalty if they signed away thier right to appeal, talk about holding a gun to thier head!

Archived