IGNORED

Could Trundle....

Bristol Rob

Do a job in midfield? With Dele and Maynard leading the attack?

umm no! In the play off final, Trundle was supposed to drop back in midfield when orr was off injured (first time) and Elliott was at right back - and all he did we gently jog back a few times..... That left us over-run in midfield and gave hull confidence.

Trundle could never play midfield, waybe wide left at a push, but he's not mobile enough for a midfield role IMO

umm no! In the play off final, Trundle was supposed to drop back in midfield when orr was off injured (first time) and Elliott was at right back - and all he did we gently jog back a few times..... That left us over-run in midfield and gave hull confidence.

Trundle could never play midfield, waybe wide left at a push, but he's not mobile enough for a midfield role IMO

Agree with your point that Trundle is not a midfielder but thats the first i've heard that he was asked to drop into midfield in the play off final. Wasn't LJ supposed to cover for Marvin when we made the change due to Orrs injury ?

Agree with your point that Trundle is not a midfielder but thats the first i've heard that he was asked to drop into midfield in the play off final. Wasn't LJ supposed to cover for Marvin when we made the change due to Orrs injury ?

No, when we when down to ten men, before the sub was made. Lee Trundle did trot back a couple of times, but very reluctantly!

I think the very fact there are a few threads on here discussing how we could possibly fit Trunds in to the side just shows how he actually dosen't derserve a place in the stating 11.

If he was doing the business then he would be playing up front with no discussion. So in answer to the original question No.

Trundle hasn't performed to the standard required in pre-season so will have to settle for a place on the bench.

No, when we when down to ten men, before the sub was made. Lee Trundle did trot back a couple of times, but very reluctantly!

I have to admit i didn't pay that much attention but that was only for a short period (a few minutes while Bradley was receiving treatment behind the goal) and we started that passage of play by defending a corner i think. Anyway do you know it was his job to drop in or was he doing the job GJ had instructed him to do ? May be Dele was supposed to drop back.

I have to admit i didn't pay that much attention but that was only for a short period (a few minutes while Bradley was receiving treatment behind the goal) and we started that passage of play by defending a corner i think. Anyway do you know it was his job to drop in or was he doing the job GJ had instructed him to do ? May be Dele was supposed to drop back.

Because someone had to and I can vaguely remember GJ pointing him in that direction. It was obvious at the time, if you watched LT.

Archived