IGNORED

Here In Blackpool

stevep38

Here in Blackpool, as of now 0920, its raining just started again after bout an hour break, its meant to be clearing up later bout 2pm but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Been here a couple of days with the family only seen 1 blackpool shirt and a few city, theres not been much build up from the locals at all to the start of the new season. Edit :laugh:, just started honking down.

Cant wait meself.

Hiya Dolls, i saw\you briefly ay forest green, have been away but cant wait to see the boys today, are you coming up?

Nope me am broke (for a change) so will be listening on the radio instead....go on call me a part timer, you will have to come back and tell us all about it later, if you havent drowned!

I'm going to take my scuba gear, might just make it out :laugh:, went past the ground yesterday, as i havnt been to blackpool before, what a dump, if the rain comes off the sea( which i think it will) then it will be right in our faces. i don't care though

I'm going to take my scuba gear, might just make it out :laugh:, went past the ground yesterday, as i havnt been to blackpool before, what a dump, if the rain comes off the sea( which i think it will) then it will be right in our faces. i don't care though

don't leave without going on the "pepsi max big one" :) Best rollercoaster in UK..

Come on city

It's strange, 'cos usually the weather is fantastic for the first day of the season, I remember day one after promotion last time, home vs Oxford (Soren Anderson - 2) it was about a million degrees and not far off that last year v QPR.

Ordinarily, from the beach at Southport, Blackpool is easily visible over the bay (as anyone who watched recent coverage of the Open will know), it is about 5 miles as the fish swims (40 mile drive though) and on even a fairly decent day the Tower and Pepsi Max Big one are easily visible from Southport beach.

I was down there about an hour ago and could barely see to the end of our pier :(

If the pitch is just wet, the ball will zip and we could see some pretty footbal from City, if (as I fear) it is saturated, hoofball may be on the menu :(

Still, it can't rain all day can it?

Here in Blackpool, as of now 0920, its raining just started again after bout an hour break, its meant to be clearing up later bout 2pm but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Been here a couple of days with the family only seen 1 blackpool shirt and a few city, theres not been much build up from the locals at all to the start of the new season. Edit :laugh:, just started honking down.

Cant wait meself.

You ' ll see the usual Manure Utd or Man City shirts .

You ' ll see plenty of Liverpool .

You ' ll see many many many many and many Glasgow Celtic and Rangers as most of them have moved down here .

Quite a few Preston , and a few more Burnley shirts who come over for the day outs .

What you won ' t see are Blackpool tops . It must be the only place where fans don ' t wear the local shirts or put them out after washing on the lines through fear of the embarrassment or the house value dropping .

We always think this when we walk around the town , very strange when you think of the history of the club and families handing down and indoctrinating kids from the next generation .

What I also find strange is that Blackpool F.C give every kid in the borough a free shirt , ticket and trip to the ground to meet the players every year and I include my two .

None of the kids wear these shirts after , why ? strange indeed .

Mulder and Sculley where are you ?

Archived