IGNORED

Gillespie

edson

Guest jairob

Lets not sign him sounds like too good a prospect. He is a real fox in the box type player it would obviously make more sense buying another winger. Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

• Admin
Gillespie scored a hat-trick today, in a 4-1 win for the reserves.

He's now scored seven goals in three games for our reserves, which, even given the lower standard of opposition, is quite a strike rate.

Who got our other goal?

Goodfellow had a storming game today I thought ^_^

Gillespie looks a very good finisher, even though it was only against the gas reserves. I was quite shocked that they scored a goal against us.

Jamie Gleeson (the other trialist) looked a waste of space. Don't listen to me though, I used to rave about Ben Cleverley ;)

No, he can't play for us this season even if we wanted him to because he's only on trial and wasn't signed before the deadline.

I'm sure that his goal fest will earn him a deal from us if he wants it, (he's bound to get offers from nearer home, I'm sure) but having seen him against Oxford (I didn't go today because of work) my worry would be that he's exactly the same player as Lita and how many slight front players do we need?

At nearly 20 if we sign him he's another one for the future being the same age as Lita and not much younger than Miller, and can we really have 3 such inexperienced strikers on our books?

One thing is certain it means curtains for Marvin Brown if he comes.

Another hatrick!!! thats 7 goals in 3 games. Surely danny has to sign him we need someone like that in our team!!! DANNY PLEASE SIGN HIM!!!!!! Nt only does it seem he can score goals from what it says on the city website it seems he is good on the ball 2!!!!!!!! just what we need ^_^;):sub:

Guest Southville Red
No, he can't play for us this season even if we wanted him to because he's only on trial and wasn't signed before the deadline.

I'm sure that his goal fest will earn him a deal from us if he wants it, (he's bound to get offers from nearer home, I'm sure) but having seen him against Oxford (I didn't go today because of work) my worry would be that he's exactly the same player as Lita and how many slight front players do we need?

At nearly 20 if we sign him he's another one for the future being the same age as  Lita and not much younger than Miller, and can we really have 3 such inexperienced strikers on our books?

One thing is certain it means curtains for Marvin Brown if he comes.

can we really have 3 such inexperienced strikers

If they are really good enough why not?

Guest Lockerman

Jamie Gleeson (the other trialist) looked a waste of space. Don't listen to me though, I used to rave about Ben Cleverley ^_^

I also didn't think to much of Gleeson, but I was well impressed with the winger Scott Brown, he looks another quality player and would be well worth signing.

If he's half the player he his on the latest championship manager then we've got a real diamond on our hands if we can sign him. Should snap him up immediately, possible young Goater/Robins etc?! Cant help but think we'll rue it if we dont! Take note DW

With so many foreign imports playing in the Premiership nowadays the opportunities for young players at these clubs have become much more limited. Therefore there can be some real young prospects available nowadays and it's up to our scouting network to pick them up.

With regard to Gillespie I assume we are interested in picking up a young striker otherwise why invite him for trials? If that is the case then he's surely got to be offered a contract. You'd have to go some to find someone who would do better than seven goals in three games even against reserve opposition.

Guest Liverpool fan

According to our club you agreed to sign him yesterday, thought I'd have a butchers on here and see what you thought of him.

Bit gutted that we let him go as I'd watched him in a reserves game earlier this season and was impressed. Our accademy have always said good things about him but suppose we had no room and no point in him sitting in our reserves for years.

Hope you give him a good chance to prove himself

According to our club you agreed to sign him yesterday, thought I'd have a butchers on here and see what you thought of him.

Bit gutted that we let him go as I'd watched him in a reserves game earlier this season and was impressed. Our accademy have always said good things about him but suppose we had no room and no point in him sitting in our reserves for years.

Hope you give him a good chance to prove himself

Thanks for that.I heard on the radio the other day that Houllier ignores the acadamy prefering to take punts on lots of dubious lads from abroad?

Seem like that to you?

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Calm down everyone. This lads only played 3 reserve games and some of the talk already is about him being a first team player. Don't you all think that already we are putting a lot of pressure on a lad who is yet to play a competive match.

Archived